Jump to content
Salsabeel

Access to Shiachat restricted in Pakistan?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Today while trying to login to Shiachat, I noticed that Shiachat is unaccessable for viewers in Pakistan. A warning of safe search appeared on the screen with message that access to this website is restricted for the viewers in Pakistan.

I tried several times but same message appeared, then I simply blocked the location access, deleted all the history & personal data & tried to login again, I got success.

I would like to thank all my brothers & sisters here. I have learned a lot from you and from this website.

I dont know when the access to this site will be blocked permanently by authorities in Pakistan. 

Love & Salam to all of you.

Stay Blessed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This may be an occasional incident. yes there may be permanent ban on SC for viewers in Pakistan may be because of salafi supported government.

But the chances are not so strong for its ban in Pakistan.

I  hope for the best of SC viewers in Pakistan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

Lo g ker lo baat. Where is our freedom of religion? 

Please do cast your vote and vote an educated person. 

Thanks,

Ron.

No one can take our freedom. 

We are not the suicide bombers like talibans. The worst they expect from us is "curse" and nothing more :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/12/2017 at 5:32 AM, Salsabeel said:

:) A friend of mine has informed me that the agencies are working on it, if they feel it is threat to national security, they will block it.

Of course, Shiachat is not a threat. Pakistan Zindabaad. India opposite of zindabaad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Abbas. said:

Of course, Shiachat is not a threat. Pakistan Zindabaad. India opposite of zindabaad. 

:)

My mobile service provider "Warid Telecom" which is basically a UAE baseď company, has banned this website. I cannot access to shiachat when I am using my mobile data. PTCL has not yet banned the shiachat as I am here at the moment connected to net via wifi device of PTCL.

Edited by Salsabeel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/12/2017 at 5:31 AM, Salsabeel said:

:)

My mobile service provider "Warid Telecom" which is basically a UAE baseď company, has banned this website. I cannot access to shiachat when I am using my mobile data. PTCL has not yet banned the shiachat as I am here at the moment connected to net via wifi device of PTCL.

If memory serves me right, Shiachat was once blocked in UAE. Could that be the reason considering that Warid is UAE based?

Nevertheless, I hope common sense prevails and this forum is not seen as a threat to national security of a country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think ShiaChat will be banned in Pakistan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Abbas. said:

If memory serves me right, Shiachat was once blocked in UAE. Could that be the reason considering that Warid is UAE based?

Nevertheless, I hope common sense prevails and this forum is not seen as a threat to national security of a country.

. Warid is owned by Abu Dhabi Group, which is a business conglomerate in the Middle East and a major investor in Pakistan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warid_Pakistan

The Abu Dhabi United Group for Development and Investment (ADUG), مجموعة أبوظبي الاتحاد للتنمية والاستثمار,' is a United Arab Emirates (UAE) based private equitycompany owned by Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan,[1] member of the Abu Dhabi Royal Family and Minister of Presidential Affairs for the UAE.[2][3] The primary interest of the group is its ownership of City Football Group, a worldwide organisation most notably controlling Manchester City F.C, Melbourne City F.Cand New York City F.C., as well as several other international football clubs, although it holds interests in various other endeavours outside of the sporting world also.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Dhabi_United_Group

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 10:15 AM, Salsabeel said:

Today while trying to login to Shiachat, I noticed that Shiachat is unaccessable for viewers in Pakistan. A warning of safe search appeared on the screen with message that access to this website is restricted for the viewers in Pakistan.

I tried several times but same message appeared, then I simply blocked the location access, deleted all the history & personal data & tried to login again, I got success.

I would like to thank all my brothers & sisters here. I have learned a lot from you and from this website.

I dont know when the access to this site will be blocked permanently by authorities in Pakistan. 

Love & Salam to all of you.

Stay Blessed

Yes I experienced the same 2 weeks ago while I was I Pakistan.     Hence my abrupt  lack of responding to our prior thread. 

Some are able to access Shia Chat depending on their internet service and area and other variables.  I had access to SHia chat for the first week and after the 2nd week it was blocked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 2:01 AM, Gaius I. Caesar said:

How did you post this if you are in Pakistan?

Whenever I go out from the reach of wifi network, or in case of power failure, my mobile data continue to connect me through internet.
I just copied this & pasted it here when I was connected through wifi network.

As I have mentioned earlier that the PTCL has not yet banned the ShiaChat, while the company whose mobile service I am using (Warid Telecom) has restricted access to shiachat.
Whenever I switch from wifi to mobile data, and try to access shiachat, this message appears on the screen of my cell phone.

:) Hope that I have clarified you the matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2017 at 8:37 AM, Abbas. said:

Of course, Shiachat is not a threat. Pakistan Zindabaad. India opposite of zindabaad. 


I dont know how to comment on particular post so am i copying and posting it

Bro i have objection on such statements ...u have all the rites to be zindabad for your country .but opposite to other country is just not acceptable

as indian for me its vice versa but i am going public about my feeling for other country

and specially for a person who is site admin should refrain from such statements ...

or else instead of shiachat change name to shiachat of just specific country we will leave from the site

 

Edited by Hameedeh
Quote was fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, zafa said:

Bro i have objection on such statements ...u have all the rites to be zindabad for your country .but opposite to other country is just not acceptable

as indian for me its vice versa but i am going public about my feeling for other country

and specially for a person who is site admin should refrain from such statements ...

Salam. As a long time member of ShiaChat, you should remember that Br. Abbas has a sense of humor! Of course he was joking and has nothing personal against any member from any country. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×