Khomeinist

Did the Prophet marry a 9 year old?

Rate this topic

There are numerous threads on it but it is clear to me, that Aisha was not nine years old because Asma bint Abi Bakr was ten to thirteen years older than her, in her late twenties and present at the wedding and so was Fatima Zahra (sa) who was a young child if I am not mistaken. I read and heard that it has been suggested that Aisha was either between sixteen and nineteen.

I don't like Ammar's speeches but this but would be helpful: 

On 12/14/2017 at 5:23 AM, Sumerian said:

bro... what do you think?

I have already dealt with the primary evidences in various other threads. Read this whole thread for a comprehensive snapshot:

On 12/14/2017 at 6:01 AM, Gaius I. Caesar said:

I don't like Ammar's speeches but this but would be helpful: 

I sometimes wonder if people (not necessarily you, but those who post it as absolute Shia evidence for `A'isha being older) have actually watched the lecture. Nakshawani goes over the evidence that she was older at 15:00 - 21:00, but he dismisses most of that evidence at 21:00. I'm still waiting on one foolproof piece of evidence that she was older than 10.

19 minutes ago, Qa'im said:

I sometimes wonder if people (not necessarily you, but those who post it as absolute Shia evidence for `A'isha being older) have actually watched the lecture.

This is where I read Aisha was older than nine years old and got my information from: https://www.al-islam.org/articles/how-old-was-ayshah-when-married-prophet-muhammad-muhammad-husayn-al-qazwini

From my understanding she was not 6 or 9 but that she was older, at least from what I have read.

Either way, what difference does it make?

None of the holy Prophets(S) marriages after the death of seyyeda Khadija(as) was out of love or lust or feelings as far as I am aware of. They were means of bringing tribes and people together, strategic and politically motivated so to speak.

None of the holy Prophets(S) marriages after the death of seyyeda Khadija(as) was out of love or lust or feelings as far as I am aware of. They were means of bringing tribes and people together, strategic and politically motivated so to speak.

This is how exactly Prophet Suleiman (as) married 300 wifes for, to bring people to the religion of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى by having good connection.

age of Hazrat Aisha can be easily calculated from the age of her elder sister Hazrat Asma who was 10 years older than Hazrat Aisha. Waliuddin Muhammad Abdullah Al-Khateeb al Amri Tabrizi the famous author of Mishkath, in his biography of narrators (Asma ur Rijal), writes that Hazrat Asma died in the year 73 Hijri at the age of 100, ten or twelve days after the martyrdom of her son Abdullah Ibn Zubair. It is common knowledge that the Islamic calendar starts from the year of the Hijrah or the Prophet’s migration from Mecca to Medina. 

Therefore, by deducting 73, the year of Hazrat Asma’s death, from 100, her age at that time, we can easily conclude that she was 27 years old during Hijra.

This puts the age of Hazrat Aisha at 17 during the same period. As all biographers of the Prophet agree that he consummated his marriage with Hazrat Aisha in the year 2 Hijri it can be conclusively said that she was 19 at that time and not nine as alleged in the aforementioned hadiths.

6 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

This is where I read Aisha was older than nine years old and got my information from: https://www.al-islam.org/articles/how-old-was-ayshah-when-married-prophet-muhammad-muhammad-husayn-al-qazwini

2 hours ago, father said:

age of Hazrat Aisha can be easily calculated from the age of her elder sister Hazrat Asma who was 10 years older than Hazrat Aisha. Waliuddin Muhammad Abdullah Al-Khateeb al Amri Tabrizi the famous author of Mishkath, in his biography of narrators (Asma ur Rijal), writes that Hazrat Asma died in the year 73 Hijri at the age of 100, ten or twelve days after the martyrdom of her son Abdullah Ibn Zubair. It is common knowledge that the Islamic calendar starts from the year of the Hijrah or the Prophet’s migration from Mecca to Medina. 

Therefore, by deducting 73, the year of Hazrat Asma’s death, from 100, her age at that time, we can easily conclude that she was 27 years old during Hijra.

This puts the age of Hazrat Aisha at 17 during the same period. As all biographers of the Prophet agree that he consummated his marriage with Hazrat Aisha in the year 2 Hijri it can be conclusively said that she was 19 at that time and not nine as alleged in the aforementioned hadiths.

You guys should read these 2 topics here then to understand the truth. 

5 hours ago, Dhulfikar said:

This is how exactly Prophet Suleiman (as) married 300 wifes for, to bring people to the religion of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى by having good connection.

Did he? A lot of scholars dismiss this as a fabrication made against Nabi Sulaiman (as)

On 12/15/2017 at 11:21 PM, Dhulfikar said:

Any reference brother? Even the jews believe in this.

The thing is that this claim is in the bible, and the bible was distorted and changed by man.

I am not 100% sure as the scholars I heard this from aren't big ulema, but can you provide hadith from our books just for certainty?

On 12/15/2017 at 11:48 AM, father said:

Shias trying to rationalize Aisha's Age:

image.png.a0ff23adee4f4397305bb4a3c127d3ed.png

@Qa'im