Hussaini624

Music and Why It's Haram *please read

Rate this topic

24 minutes ago, monad said:

Bro I do not follow. The concept of virtue is universal, although the west did take it from the greeks, but I am sure it is labelled as something else in Islam. Aql?

ln other words, we cannot use secular principles in defining what is revealed or how it is applied.  Quran reveals it is self-explaining, most things being internally defined.

14 minutes ago, Dhulfikar said:

Shi'at of Al Husain (as) never listen Music that Yazid (la) enjoyed to listen everyday

Guess you did not read my post. There are many tyrannts and non tyrants who listened to various types of music.

13 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

ln other words, we cannot use secular principles in defining what is revealed or how it is applied.  Quran reveals it is self-explaining, most things being internally defined.

Well, I'd rather think before following.

Edited by monad

20 minutes ago, Abu Hadi said:

Music, and sound in general affect different people in different ways. 

There is ...

That is why we need to be sensitive to the fact that people grow up in different environments, and their brains are 'tuned' in different ways. 

At the same time, it is not a 'done deal' that people who grow up in environments where music is constantly played cannot stop listening to it. 

They can, but it is a long and difficult process and requires a great deal of effort and energy to stop. 

Note: back in the 80s l believe it was, it was discovered that professional musicians processed music in the language centers of the brain.

19 minutes ago, monad said:

Guess you did not read my post.

Well, I'd rather think before following.

Reflected quip:  "Well, you'd better read up on Quran." inshallah.

l am not trying to be belligerent but l cannot allow such a dismissal of what Quran reveals.

The ayn qaf lam tri-literal occurs 49 times in Quran, according to the notes l use.

l'II cite two ayats about using Reason, 2:242 and 67:10.

Nobody does themselves any good by "blind faith". We are supposed to think through Quran as we re-read through it.

3 minutes ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

Have people not read Edward Said's story and how he used music to attack western hypocrisy?

l read a couple of things from this late author, but nothing about music that l remember.

Guess you did not read my post. There are many tyrannts and non tyrants who listened to various types of music.

Sorry I did not. I derived my statement from the following hadith:

Imam `Ali ar-Rida [a] said,

“The first person for whom beer was prepared in Islam in Syria was Yazid b. Mu`awiya [l]. He was sitting at a table spread with the head of al-Husayn [a] when they brought him beer.

He drank it and had his companions drink from it, saying, ‘Drink it, for this is a blessed drink. If it were not blessed, we would not have been the first ones to drink it with the head of our enemy in front of us, eating at our table spread with quiet of mind and peace at heart.’

Whoever is a follower (Shi`a) of us should abstain from drinking beer because it is the drink of our enemies. Whoever does not abstain is not one of our followers.

My forefathers narrate from `Ali b. Abi Talib (as) that the Messenger of Allah (saws) said, ‘Do not follow what our enemies follow. Should you do so, you are one of our enemies just as they are.’”

دثنا تميم بن عبد الله بن تميم القرشي رضي الله عنه قال حدثنا أبي عن أحمد بن علي الأنصاري عن عبد السلام بن صالح الهروي قال سمعت أبا الحسن علي بن موسى الرضا (ع) يقول أول من اتخذ له الفقاع في الإسلام بالشام يزيد بن معاوية لعنه الله فأحضر و هو على المائدة و قد نصبها على رأس الحسين (ع) فجعل يشربه و يسقي أصحابه و يقول لعنه الله اشربوا فهذا شراب مبارك و لو لم يكن من بركته إلا أنا أول ما تناولناه و رأس عدونا بين أيدينا و مائدتنا منصوبة عليه و نحن نأكله و نفوسنا ساكنة و قلوبنا مطمئنة فمن كان من شيعتنا فليتورع عن شرب الفقاع فإنه من شراب أعدائنا فإن لم يفعل فليس منا و لقد حدثني أبي عن أبيه عن آبائه عن علي بن أبي طالب (ع) قال قال رسول الله (ص) لا تلبسوا لباس أعدائي و لا تطعموا مطاعم أعدائي و لا تسلكوا مسالك أعدائي فتكونوا أعدائي كما هم أعدائي .

(`Uyoon Akhbar ar-Rida)

Edited by Dhulfikar

1 minute ago, hasanhh said:

l read a couple of things from this late author, but nothing about music that l remember.

Yes, a tactic done by the elites so that no one would learn from his musical methods to create a political discourse. Just like what's been done to art throughout the ages. As soon as a new art movement is established, the system finds a way to co-opt it so that it would devalue or veil what it is trying to tell people.

The elite likes of Greenberg did this to the art world so that they could suppress any political value to art. It is unfortunate that nowadays we look at modern art from a aesthetic view and say, "THIS IS NOT ART!". That is exactly what Greenberg and his buddies wanted, art forms that don't allow the public to think. If we look at the history of art during the 19th century, we begin to understand how art inspired and caused revolutions throughout Europe. It also allowed the Americans to occupy land (it was used as a propaganda method. If you study American Landscape painting you realise some horrifying methods were used by the elites to steal more land from the natives). But unfortunately, the idea of art to the layman has been misconstrued.

It is sad that we don't realise there are many weapons we could use to make people think. Music, Art, science, and so many more.

22 minutes ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

Yes, a tactic done by the elites so that no one would learn from his musical methods to create a political discourse. Just like what's been done to art throughout the ages. As soon as a new art movement is established, the system finds a way to co-opt it so that it would devalue or veil what it is trying to tell people.

The elite likes of Greenberg did this to the art world so that they could suppress any political value to art. It is unfortunate that nowadays we look at modern art from a aesthetic view and say, "THIS IS NOT ART!". That is exactly what Greenberg and his buddies wanted, art forms that don't allow the public to think. If we look at the history of art during the 19th century, we begin to understand how art inspired and caused revolutions throughout Europe. It also allowed the Americans to occupy land (it was used as a propaganda method. If you study American Landscape painting you realise some horrifying methods were used by the elites to steal more land from the natives). But unfortunately, the idea of art to the layman has been misconstrued.

It is sad that we don't realise there are many weapons we could use to make people think. Music, Art, science, and so many more.

Correct.

The Berlin Concert done in the 80s created the "the Wall must go" chant in East Berlin. A couple of years later, it did. So this tactic was tried in other parts of the World by u.s. intel.

If you argue for something in religion, make a secular argument.

God didn't make rules for no reason, there is always a secular argument for why god made a specific rule.

Edited by It's me hello

Music is haraam is said because of Karbala. See the most important reason is this only. In karbala after the martydom of Imam Husain (a.s.),all the women who were the relatives of 72 shaheed-e-karbala were deprived of covering their heads and while Imam Husain's body was lying on the ground meanwhile in the Yazid's army there was a lot of dance and songs going on which very badly hurted the family of Imam Husain. And so the thing which hurts Imam Husain's family is obviously haraam. Also according to Prophet,songs and music are haraam at that extent that Rasool Allah said that those even marriges in which music and dance is present will always be haraam for me and Allah. 

So now I think you must have got the answer of your question...

Thanks 

l think music in nearly all cases is haram.

So it is Christmas morning and l have the TV on. l was out eating breakfast :eat:  and came back into the room and here was this plastic looking girl (l guess) singing "uh whut fun it is to ride in an opened sleigh". lt was terrible.

So, it might be fun to ride in a sleigh, but it sure as Heck no fun to listen to her(?).

:sign_no: "No more singing in the morning"