sefket83

Is God completely good in Islam?

Rate this topic

18 hours ago, SaniyehZahra said:

Actually brother this is a really good point.

I don't really know what you mean by above. Rest of the post I am not concerned with at this point.

Question was/is: How do you know its not inflicted by humans/lifestyle choices, etc..-?

Are you able to differentiate between what was caused by Humans and what was not caused by Humans? 

Before you start a lawsuit, you need to present a clear and concise case.

If you want to only talk about God. 

A simple basic logical/rational/academic/intellectual question.

1) How is your inferior intellect able to question, demand and judge the  Higher Intellect?

6 hours ago, S.M.H.A. said:

I don't really know what you mean by above. Rest of the post I am not concerned with at this point.

Question was/is: How do you know its not inflicted by humans/lifestyle choices, etc..-?

Are you able to differentiate between what was caused by Humans and what was not caused by Humans? 

Before you start a lawsuit, you need to present a clear and concise case.

If you want to only talk about God. 

1) How is your inferior intellect able to question, demand and judge the  Higher Intellect?

Brother I understand to what you are saying, and yes, our intellect is inferior. But that shouldn’t stop us from asking questions,right?

and my question, is still that there are certain things, for example earthquakes,that are not human inflicted. I undersrand these are meant to be tests from God to the victims, as well as seeing who will help etc. Now if it was only adults and mature people involved, i would umderstand. But little children? They are innocent, why must they be put through hardship and trial

16 hours ago, SaniyehZahra said:

Brother I understand to what you are saying, and yes, our intellect is inferior. But that shouldn’t stop us from asking questions,right?

I am a Virtual Entity & Layman. I can’t answer any of your Religious questions. I can only give you my understanding.

When I asked:

1) How is your inferior intellect able to question, demand and judge the  Higher Intellect?

Here “able to question” means Challenge, deny etc.

Above Has nothing to do with asking a basic question to clarify or to better understand something. No one is saying that people can’t ask basic fundamental questions to clarify their understanding.

Another thing is that most of your arguments here and other places are classic red flags- You may have been reading these on the net,

Atheists can't Deny/Disprove God.

So, they usually go with attacking the attributes ..usual song is omnipotent, Omniscient, All Merciful, Benevolent so how come ……can't do this or that ...why Evil…..

1 minute ago, S.M.H.A. said:

I am a Virtual Entity & Layman. I can’t answer any of your Religious questions. I can only give you my understanding.

When I asked:

1) How is your inferior intellect able to question, demand and judge the  Higher Intellect?

Above Has nothing to do with asking a basic question to clarify or to better understand something. No one is saying that people can’t ask basic fundamental questions to clarify their understanding.

Another thing is that most of your arguments here and other places are classic red flags- You may have been reading these on the net,

So, they usually go with attacking the attributes ..usual song is omnipotent, Omniscient, All Merciful, Benevolent so how come ……can't do this or that ...why Evil…..

I definitely believe in a higher creation. In my opinion, atheism makes even less sense to me. There is no way the world could have just come abouts, there has to be a creatir or a superior being controlling everything. But the thing that i dont understand is the attributes of this “God”. They just dont add up to me, personally. 

13 minutes ago, SaniyehZahra said:

I definitely believe in a higher creation. In my opinion, atheism makes even less sense to me. There is no way the world could have just come abouts, there has to be a creatir or a superior being controlling everything. But the thing that i dont understand is the attributes of this “God”. They just dont add up to me, personally. 

“O ‘He’ of whom no one knows What ‘He’(God) is, not How ‘He’ is, nor Where ‘He is, nor in Which direction, ‘He’ is except ‘He’ Himself”

Imam Ali ibn Abu Talib(as)

In Secular terms and using a secular example. Everything is in the Prospectus and ALL has been Disclosed. Full Disclosure. So, Nothing is hidden that comes as a surprise. 

We are Created beings, Will be Tested with health, wealth, children, spouse etc....So, when The Atheist come to us with these arguments - They are not bringing anything that has not been disclosed to us already. We have been informed that this will happen.  Take it or leave it. You are free to do that. But what you can't do is have them play mind games. 

So, read the Book, to understand ....Why you are here and where you are going. 
What's your purpose --All this has been already disclosed - No surprises here...

So, I would start with Basics- because these attribute arguments - are just doubt creators- can't be used to deny/disprove God. 

Edited by S.M.H.A.

5 minutes ago, S.M.H.A. said:

“O ‘He’ of whom no one knows What ‘He’(God) is, not How ‘He’ is, nor Where ‘He is, nor in Which direction, ‘He’ is except ‘He’ Himself”

Imam Ali ibn Abu Talib(as)

In Secular terms and using a secular example. Everything is in the Prospectus and ALL as been Disclosed. Full Disclosure. So, Nothing is hidden that comes as a surprise. 

We are Created beings, Will be Tested with health, wealth, children, spouse etc....So, when The Atheist come to us with these arguments - They are not bringing anything that has not been disclosed to us already. We have been informed that this will happen.  Take it or leave it. You are free to do that. But what you can't do is have play mind games. 

So, read the Book, to understand ....Why you are here and where you are going. 
What's your purpose --All this has been already disclosed - No surprises here...

Like i said, i have EXTREMELY conflicted views, so i apologise in advance. Again, i do believe in A creator. But not necessarily one that is omniscient, omnipotent and omnibevolent all at the same time, because logically with what is going on in the world, they just dont seem to add up

30 minutes ago, S.M.H.A. said:

When I asked:

Nobody is judging or questioning a Higher Intellect, which has never been proven to exist.

What one is questioning is the flawed interpretations that clerics and priests, without proper or proven divine mandate, choose to attribute to divinities of their own fantasy.

Remember Amun · Anubis · Aten · Horus · Isis · Osiris · etc.. or maybe  Zeus, Poseidon, Hera, Demeter, Hestia, Athena, Apollo, Artemis, Dionysus, Hermes etc.. Viking Gods, Aztec Gods. And many many more.

All that priests need is for you to believe them and they will exploit your mind and your purse. They have done so throughout history.

You will fail to understand even this..

Full Disclosure:

قَالَ فَبِمَا أَغْوَيْتَنِي لَأَقْعُدَنَّ لَهُمْ صِرَاطَكَ الْمُسْتَقِيمَ {16}

[Pickthal 7:16] He said: Now, because Thou hast sent me astray, verily I shall lurk in ambush for them on Thy Right Path.

وَقَاسَمَهُمَا إِنِّي لَكُمَا لَمِنَ النَّاصِحِينَ {21}

[Pickthal 7:21] And he swore unto them (saying): Lo! I am a sincere adviser unto you.

53 minutes ago, Quisant said:

What one is questioning is the flawed interpretations that clerics and priests, without proper or proven divine mandate, choose to attribute to divinities of their own fantasy.

Remember Amun · Anubis · Aten · Horus · Isis · Osiris · etc.. or maybe  Zeus, Poseidon, Hera, Demeter, Hestia, Athena, Apollo, Artemis, Dionysus, Hermes etc.. Viking Gods, Aztec Gods. And many many more.

All that priests need is for you to believe them and they will exploit your mind and your purse. They have done so throughout history.

You will fail to understand even this..

Mixing Judeo-Christian issues. Some holy man swindled you out of your lunch money. Not my issue. 

What are you trying to prove with extinct created gods? 

Have you ever paid Taxes to the State? 

Edited by S.M.H.A.

1 hour ago, Quisant said:

You have been informed. 

An atheist entered the presence of al-Rida (as) when he had some people in his presence.

Therefore, Abu al-Hasan al-Rida (as) asked him: O man! Can you not see that if your view is correct, and it is absolutely not, then we are equal, despite our prayers, fasting, alms-giving, and the beliefs we profess have not harmed us?

The atheist remained silent.

Then Abu al-Hasan (as) added: However, if our view is the correct one, which is certainly the case, then you are lost, and we are saved.

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235051040-atheism-everywhere/?page=8&tab=comments#comment-3065892

This must be true:

Driving rationality from irrationality is logically incoherent- a severe Delusion

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235052378-the-delusions-of-atheists/?page=4&tab=comments#comment-3103828

For example,  why would thousands of people die from an earthquake? Is God no good? 

I think this was his question. 

On 12/13/2017 at 11:51 AM, Quisant said:

In the Quraan: SHAKIR: 113.001 Say: I seek refuge in the Lord of the dawn, 113.002:  From the evil of what He has created,

"Allah is the Creator of all things, and He is, over all things, Disposer of affairs."[Quran 39:62]

Just because someone has created something which has a bad aspect, does that force the bad aspect onto the creator?

Also, in order to give humans free will, there MUST be both good and evil. Obviously, Allah has created humans to do good, but would it be wise to blame Allah for the humans resorting to evil? He has left humans to do evil because, if he does not, it would remove free will, thus causing the test to be void and useless.

FYI:

Concerning suffering there are mainly two fundamental questions.

The first is, what is the origin of suffering and from where does it emerge?

The other is whether agony and pain are concordant with the justice and mercy of God.  

All the religious people of the world should answer these two questions.

If God is the Lone Creator of the world and the Manifestation of goodness, then where have all these miseries come from?

Can the God of Goodness be the agent of misery and just as He creates, can also destroy? ......

Full Text

The Philosophy behind Suffering

https://www.al-islam.org/imam-khomeini-ethics-and-politics-sayyid-hasan-islami/philosophy-behind-suffering

If there was no free will, life would be completely determined by God, hence pointless because it wouldn’t be an effect of our decisions, then why create life in the first place? Therefore God created a life with purpose and worthy, rather than one in which our decisions play no role and is fully determined. For there to be free will we must be capable of both moral good and moral evil (the absence of good).

If an all-good God has a very good reason  (creating and worthy life with purpose namely free will) for allowing the absence of good (evil) then there is no paradox because the concept of allowing the absence of good for a good reason does not contradict His all-good nature.