Can I have mutah with different men?

ShiaChat Mod

Off-topic posts have been removed.

Message added by ShiaChat Mod

Rate this question

Question

Guest AskingMutah

Assalamu Alaykum

I'm a 22 year old woman and I have desires and want to fulfill them in a halal way. I don't feel ready for long term marriage right now, I prefer mutah. Can I have a temporary marriage for like a month with one man, get divorced, then have mutah with another man and so on.

Is this allowed? Is there a limit on how many men I could do mutah with?

Edited by notme
OP request

19 answers to this question

Technically, yes, it's allowed to have any duration of mutah you and your spouse agree to. There are conditions. If you haven't previously been married, your potential husband will need to obtain permission to marry you from your father. If you are widowed or divorced, this permission isn't required but is still a good idea for keeping family unity. After the termination of the marriage, you must observe iddah before you can marry anyone else, temporarily or permanently. 

There are hadiths discouraging "sampling" marriage partners, and if you have multiple short term marriages you will be known in your community as an unstable person, which will make it difficult for you to ever permanently marry. There are also the issues of diseases and pregnancy. 

So yes, it's technically permitted, but it's probably very inadvisable. 

No you cannot and there are rules regarding Muta that must be adhered too.

Tell us how you will first get a man for one month then other?. clearly its a  desperate guy who thinks he is cool trolling on the internet then goes to tell his online buddies "look how cool I am ". I got dem shias, you get me!.

the waiting period of a wife by mut'a is two fuhrs i.e., two major ablutions following menstrual periods.

two months and five days before you can get another sugar daddy. :blabla:

Lool does it really matter who it is? They posted something something people replied, khalas.

If it's a genuine question, cool I hope you got your answers.

If the person isn't genuine.. I really envy the amount of time you have to waste! 

It does not matter if the questioner is a Salafi or a Shia. The truth is the truth, stand by it. There are no embarrassing questions in fiqh.

If you are a virgin in fiqh (i.e. you have never consummated an Islamic marriage), then the declared permission of your guardian is necessary. If you have consummated a marriage, or if you do not have a guardian and are totally independent, then your own consent is sufficient. You can have mut`a with one man at a time. If there is consummation in the marriage, then you must observe the `idda after your mut`a expires before marrying another man.

Just keep in mind that permanent marriage is the ultimate goal. Try not to waste the opportunity if a decent man approaches you. You're at an age where attracting a man is easy, but that phase is over very quickly.

Salam Sister, 

First of all why would you want to do that? Would you like if your husband has slept with many girls before he met you? How would you allow yourself to ask a guy for Mut'ah? What will the guy think of you? Why don't you get married? I mean i got married at the age of 22 and I don't regret it. So don't look around for Mut'ah partner(s) but look for one partner, stay in a contract and then do Nikah. That's a better way. 

Peace 

4 hours ago, MohammadAli1993 said:

Salam Sister, 

First of all why would you want to do that? Would you like if your husband has slept with many girls before he met you? How would you allow yourself to ask a guy for Mut'ah? What will the guy think of you? Why don't you get married? I mean i got married at the age of 22 and I don't regret it. So don't look around for Mut'ah partner(s) but look for one partner, stay in a contract and then do Nikah. That's a better way. 

Peace 

Don't do that. Shes come on here to ask a genuine question about something that is allowed in our deen and is approved of by God. Don't try to degrade her. Everybody is different. Alhamduliah you found your life partner at a young age and you are happy. Maybe the sister has zero interest in long term marriage and wishes never to get married. It is not haram.

Like sister notme- you could give islamic knowledge on what is permissible and how it works, but also some friendly islamic advice on why it is not encouraged. But at the end of the day everyone is free to do as they wish. I'm sure the sister that asked the question is old enough to make her own decisions. 

23 hours ago, monad said:

No you cannot and there are rules regarding Muta that must be adhered too.

Tell us how you will first get a man for one month then other?. clearly its a  desperate guy who thinks he is cool trolling on the internet then goes to tell his online buddies "look how cool I am ". I got dem shias, you get me!.

the waiting period of a wife by mut'a is two fuhrs i.e., two major ablutions following menstrual periods.

two months and five days before you can get another sugar daddy. :blabla:

Sugar daddy lol... its like bar hopping one man for a month and an other man after that an other race.

13 hours ago, Guest AskingMutah said:

Can I have a temporary marriage for like a month with one man, get divorced, then have mutah with another man and so on.

The other members answered your question and mentioned about Iddah, the waiting period between marriages. At the end of a temporary marriage, a woman must not marry again during her seclusion (Iddah) which is two complete menstrual cycles. If she does not menstruate, it is forty five days. So, the answer is no, a 22 year old female cannot marry immediately after her temporary marriage is concluded. 

18 hours ago, Guest AskingMutah said:

Assalamu Alaykum

I'm a 22 year old woman and I have desires and want to fulfill them in a halal way. I don't feel ready for long term marriage right now, I prefer mutah. Can I have a temporary marriage for like a month with one man, get divorced, then have mutah with another man and so on.

Is this allowed? Is there a limit on how many men I could do mutah with?

فهذا الراغب الأَصفهاني ـ من عظماء علماء السنَّة ـ يحدثنا ـ وهو الثقة الثبت ـ في كتابه السّابق الذكر ما نصّه : أنَّ عبدالله بن الزبير عيَّر ابن عبّاس بتحليله المتعة ، فقال له ابن عبّاس : سل اُمّكَ كيف سطعت المجامر بينها وبين أبيك.

فسألها فقالت : والله ما ولدتُك إلّا بالمتعة (١).

وأنت تعلم من هي اُم عبدالله بن الزبير ، هي أسماء ذات النطاقين ، بنت أبي بكر الصدِّيق ، اُخت عائشة اُمّ المؤمنين ، وزوجها الزبير من حواري رسول الله ، وقد تزوجها بالمتعة ، فما تقول بعد هذا أيها المكابر المجادل؟!

ثم أنَّ الراغب ذكر عقيب هذه الحكاية رواية اُخرى فقال : سأل يحيى ابن أكثم شيخاً من أهل البصرة فقال له : بمن اقتديت في جواز المتعة؟

فقال : بعمر بن الخطاب.

فقال له : كيف وعمر كان من أشد الناس فيها؟!

قال : نعم ، صح الحديث عنه أنَّه صعد المنبر فقال : يا أيُّها الناس ، متعتان أحلَّهما الله ورسوله لكم وأنا اُحرِّمها عليكم واُعاقب عليهما ، فقبلنا شهادته ولم نقبل تحريمه. انتهى (٢).

(١) محاضرات الادباء ٣ : ٢١٤.

(٢) محاضرات الادباء ٣ : ٢١٤.

That's 2 hadiths, one that states the daughter of abu bakr, ''Umm abdellah bin al zubayr'', had mutaa with one of the sahaba of the holy prophet, his name is zubayr, and they both had a child from Mutaa.

And the second hadith clearly states that it is Omar who is defying the word of God by saying that he forbade mutaa.

You imbecile. If i were you i would have been more worried about my hereafter having such weakling leader who doesn't follow the word of God. 

8 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

I know but why are people thinking that the OP is Salafi, am I missing something?

A guest (with the username Guest Shia, or maybe a Salafi?) assumed that the OP was a Salafi and was only pretending to be a Shia. His posts were removed. 

1 minute ago, Hameedeh said:

A guest (with the username Guest Shia, or maybe a Salafi?) assumed that the OP was a Salafi and was only pretending to be a Shia. His posts were removed. 

I noticed that, seems kind of foolish to randomly assume like that. It was also wrong for people to attack the OP based off of unproven conjectures. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.