Sisters In Islam

PROUD TO BE WOMEN

Rate this topic

In Islam. no one is superior except through piety and moral conduct.

men and women are equal but not identical.

each has their own special task and abilities

together, they create wonder

Imam Ali Khamenei - "If the culture of respecting women is firmly established, many problems of our society will be solved and women will not be oppressed"

Lets empower our women by liking and sharing this page:

https://www.facebook.com/Sisters-In-Islam-Ahlulbayt-School-of-Thought-385767358246015/

25289527_961457070677038_1326463646344241971_n.png.814c5c97413beca3a069377c51ca0db3.png

When women feel proud to be a woman, they will not try to imitate men, they will not feel inferior to men, and they will feel empowered to defend their rights and stand against oppression. Feeling proud in a positive sense is not something prohibited in Islam. We are proud to be human and we try our best to preserve the dignity of a human being by avoiding sins because sins tarnish our dignity. Self-respect in Islam is about this too.

Fathers and brothers should try their best to empower the women around them. So that they will not easily bullied by others especially ignorant men, and ignorant cultures.

Edited by Sisters In Islam

"The roles of women in society is more important than men" ~ Imam Khomeini

"Women is stronger emotionally than men . Women can tame men through wisdom and her delicacy " ~ Imam Ali Khamenei

"In our revolution our women have more credits than men. Bcoz not only they displayed bravery, they too give birth and nurture brave human being ~ Imam Khomeini

"Women are the Premier Cause & the Basic Agent for bringing Civilisation into Being" ~ Allama Tabatabai

@Dhulfikar I think what she means is contentment. If one is content with who they are created to be, they will not envy those who were created for a different life. 

Proud in this case means feeling happy and comfortable to be who she is, not feeling superior or a sense of accomplishment. 

@Sisters In Islam is that correct?

9 hours ago, Sisters In Islam said:

Women is stronger emotionally than men . Women can tame men through wisdom and her delicacy " ~ Imam Ali Khamenei

"In our revolution our women have more c

This is BS. It puts the responsibility on woman if her relationship falls apart. No man will change for any woman. 

And men are not to be “tamed” because they are not animals.

Edited by Islandsandmirrors

Women are not always emotionally stronger than men, in fact, more women than men suffer from eating disorders, depression, self-harming and suicide ideation. These quotes from pious scholars (men), are hollow.  They mean nothing if a strong man is not standing behind his woman and supporting her.  To put all the responsibility on women to be kind, sensitive, loving, caring, nurturing, etc, allows men to be off the hook.  It's unfair and puts a great burden on women. Please rethink putting these quotes up for all and sundry. 

12 hours ago, Sisters In Islam said:

"Women are stronger emotionally than men . Women can tame men through wisdom and her delicacy "

I cannot believe that Khamenei said this. It sounds nice at first glance but if you really think about, this quote is implying that men are entirely helpless to their urges, stupid and rougher than a bull in a china shop. Not all men are like that, just like all women are not emotionally strong, wise or delicate. I know this from experience, and to be honest, it sounds like something you would hear in an feminism class. Hollow and insipid slogans lacking any thought or insight, except to make the audience to feel good about themselves and empowered.

I agree with @Islandsandmirrors  We are not animals or spoiled children who need to pampered and give in our every whim and desire. We are men, and we can be strong, civil and mature. Practicing self restraint is a sign of a real man and something I strive for.

15 hours ago, Sisters In Islam said:

In Islam. no one is superior except through piety and moral conduct.

men and women are equal but not identical.

each has their own special task and abilities

together, they create wonder

Imam Ali Khamenei - "If the culture of respecting women is firmly established, many problems of our society will be solved and women will not be oppressed"

Lets empower our women by liking and sharing this page:

https://www.facebook.com/Sisters-In-Islam-Ahlulbayt-School-of-Thought-385767358246015/

25289527_961457070677038_1326463646344241971_n.png.814c5c97413beca3a069377c51ca0db3.png

“Women are not created for physical hard labour”. Ironic. What about child birth? If that isn’t hard labour then i don’t know what is...

52 minutes ago, Afsaneh14 said:

“Women are not created for physical hard labour”. Ironic. What about child birth? If that isn’t hard labour then i don’t know what is...

Exactly! This quote is often used by people who are against working women. Women are like flowers, nurturing children and family are her main tasks. Nurturing family and children requires more physical labour than most careers. Even men do less physical labour than housewives except for those working in construction or other such industries. 

2 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

I cannot believe that Khamenei said this. It sounds nice at first glance but if you really think about, this quote is implying that men are entirely helpless to their urges, stupid and rougher than a bull in a china shop. Not all men are like that, just like all women are not emotionally strong, wise or delicate. I know this from experience, and to be honest, it sounds like something you would hear in an feminism class. Hollow and insipid slogans lacking any thought or insight, except to make the audience to feel good about themselves and empowered.

I agree with @Islandsandmirrors  We are not animals or spoiled children who need to pampered and give in our every whim and desire. We are men, and we can be strong, civil and mature. Practicing self restraint is a sign of a real man and something I strive for. 

@Sisters In Islam @notme @Islandsandmirrors

Continued - It is irresponsible because words are powerful in hands of orators, teachers, scholars and politicians. Their words can shape minds of the people in kiln of belief, like the potter fashions clay for ceramics. Thoughtless slogans are like wasted or excessive clay, the end result is deficient, unattractive and incapable of being an functional piece of pottery. The people who accept it without thinking and repeat it ad nauseam, are unable to think for themselves and use their mind and aql beyond these stale adages. They become the human equivalent of the nonfunctional wares. That is not the definition of basirah. 

Such sayings have no value and like pottery, there are no do-overs with peoples' beliefs; It is a mantra to be repeated, without thought because it sounds good and clever. It is the oral equivalent of not saying anything to appear wise.  If I had a daughter and she was posting and saying these things, we would have a long talk about this...

It is insulting to my intelligence and dignity as a man to be assumed that I need to be "tamed" by a woman. If I am not mistaken, I believe I am actually supposed to "tame" and control myself.

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar
Expounding upon my thoughts.

2 hours ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

Men and women are not equal. Period. 

Can you have 4 husbands? No, but a man can have 4 wives. 

Number of spouses is not a criterion for equality definition. Equality means everything at its own place. Men have specific tasks just like women. Look at it in this way. In a system every part does something different, but all have same goal.

Islam orders men and women to their own tasks, but it says: إن اکرمکم عندالله أتقاکم

There are some points to one gender(man) in Islam, but if you look at Islam in detail, you'll see this gender(man) has more responsibility. Taking care of women and children both financially and emotionally, Jihad, etc. All of these are on the man. On the other hand, Allah never blames women for not doing Jihad, or not providing for family. One should look at privileges and responsibilities together. Some men disintegrated these two concepts, and brought confusion.

Me thinks you guys are over reacting to this. And then you guys subsequently launched on your slightly off topic rants. Not that I disagree with your rants, but that they are slightly off topic. With some of the sisters here projecting their own life's miseries and taking the conversation into a direction it never was meant to be. 

And you guys wonder why simple threads end up having to be shut down. Lol.  

Imma call it now. At about 30+ replies most of you guys will forget what the initial post of this thread was about and talk about stuff that goes from slightly off topic to completely off topic. And then a moderator is going to have to warn about off topic posts. And finally at about 40 replies is when the post will be shut down to further replies (unfortunately I have contributed to making off topic posts even more off topic at times. So take it from me guys). Lol

So many people jumping to crazy conclusions over nothing...

The irony is that many of you always remind others of the importance of being calm and tacit, so why the profanity and anger in your responses?

It's better if we don't use our emotions and instead use our intellects - rather than slinging mud and backbiting the most honourable of defenders of Islam today.7

049:012 O ye who believe! carefully avoid suspicion; verily, some suspicion is a sin. And do not play the spy, nor backbite each other; would one of you like to eat his dead brother's flesh?--why! ye would abhor it! then fear God; verily, God is relentant, compassionate.

Nobody thought about the verse commanding believers not to have bad assumptions about each other, and instead decided to jump in with your false accusations and backbiting.

But I guess you'll just ignore my comments and continue.

2 hours ago, silasun said:

So many people jumping to crazy conclusions over nothing...

The irony is that many of you always remind others of the importance of being calm and tacit, so why the profanity and anger in your responses?

It's better if we don't use our emotions and instead use our intellects - rather than slinging mud and backbiting the most honourable of defenders of Islam today.7

049:012 O ye who believe! carefully avoid suspicion; verily, some suspicion is a sin. And do not play the spy, nor backbite each other; would one of you like to eat his dead brother's flesh?--why! ye would abhor it! then fear God; verily, God is relentant, compassionate.

Nobody thought about the verse commanding believers not to have bad assumptions about each other, and instead decided to jump in with your false accusations and backbiting.

But I guess you'll just ignore my comments and continue.

I didn't use any profanity, false accusations or anger in my post?

12 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

This is BS. It puts the responsibility on woman if her relationship falls apart. No man will change for any woman. 

And men are not to be “tamed” because they are not animals.

Where the heck did you get that from?

i suggest you watch the full lecture (it’s a sentence from a whole lecture that he did in a conference with Muslim women)

he is saying they have the ability to tame a man not that he is always tamed by Her it that there is never problems that a man may cause despite a good women’s efforts. In fact I believe in that same lecture he talks about treating women well and the benifits women bring if treated properly. He has a few of these conferences online.

"Women is stronger emotionally than men . Women can tame men through wisdom and her delicacy " ~ Imam Ali Khamenei

8 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

I cannot believe that Khamenei said this. It sounds nice at first glance but if you really think about, this quote is implying that men are entirely helpless to their urges, stupid and rougher than a bull in a china shop. Not all men are like that, just like all women are not emotionally strong, wise or delicate. I know this from experience, and to be honest, it sounds like something you would hear in an feminism class. 

Such sayings have no value and like pottery, there are no do-overs with peoples' beliefs; It is a mantra to be repeated, without thought because it sounds good and clever. It is the oral equivalent of not saying anything to appear wise.  If I had a daughter and she was posting and saying these things, we would have a long talk about this...

It is insulting to my intelligence and dignity as a man to be assumed that I need to be "tamed" by a woman. If I am not mistaken, I believe I am actually supposed to "tame" and control myself.

He did say it. Also it’s respectful to put Sayed or ayatullah before his name please. Again read what I said above 1 sentence (a few seconds long), 40 minute lecture? 

Not something your supposed to overthink in that way. where did he say men are helpless? and also he wasn’t trying to imply that. Don’t assume things, Please actually watch his conferences on women before you make these claims about his views. Also keep in mind the guy is a mujtahid, maybe he’s read a few more hadiths about this stuff than you have.

he’s also been a politician and travelled around the world to different countries including the USA. Maybe he’s also seen more women than you have. Keep all this in mind. And bare minimum if your going to disagree with someone with such experience please be respectful. His sayings have a lot of value.

Edited by Al Hadi

8 hours ago, rkazmi33 said:

Exactly! This quote is often used by people who are against working women. Women are like flowers, nurturing children and family are her main tasks. Nurturing family and children requires more physical labour than most careers. Even men do less physical labour than housewives except for those working in construction or other such industries. 

So what if someone of them favor a woman who stay home and take care of her religion and her children?

Edited by Dhulfikar

8 hours ago, Al Hadi said:

he is saying they have the ability to tame a man not that he is always tamed by Her it that there is never problems that a man may cause despite a good women’s efforts.

That's what I exactly thought of, even though I never watched the lecture you mentioned. Clearly people get all emotional and start jumping to conclusions.

@rkazmi33 @Afsaneh14 - I wonder if both of you will also oppose this hadith of Imam Ali (as).

There is some reality in the statement "women is not created for physical labour". Overall, men are physically stronger than women. 

Also, women do have the responsibility of nurturing kids in a way different to men, which is a blessing in my opinion.

All this doesn't imply that women shouldn't work and just sit at home.

40f3c168a544212dbbaad6af262f4915.jpg

I believe that women in general are emotionally stronger than men because they are more empathetic and more patient and more able to control their anger.

It is true that women suffer from some -not all- mental disorders like depression more than men do but it isnt necessarily prove that they are not emotionally stronger.  If women were indifferent and less empathetic, they would suffer from anxiety and depression less.