Sign in to follow this  
Famalik

Mutah Issues

Rate this topic

Salam all,

I was looking for some guidance on something. Alhamdulilah I have just came back from Ziyarat and after speaking with a Alim there, he made me make a promise and that was to drop my most dangerous sin. Ashamed to admit, but as a young male, my worst sin is istimna(masturbation). The Alim advises that I get married to stay away from sin and take care of human needs in halal fashion however since I will not be getting married for at least another 2-3 years due to school and parents not willing til completion, he recommended mutah with Ahle kitab.

my issue is that I feel guilty doing Nikkah mutah solely for the sake of justifying pleasure, and just because it is better than istimna. Also, to pay someone willing here as a dowry, I feel like is very similar to prostitution and have a hard time accepting that. I am only asking because I want to take care of my human desires in a halal fashion and it’s getting to the point my mind is consumed by these dirty thoughts. I usually controlled this by astagfirullah but I have stopped that now.

please looking for some help or advice. 

Jazak

The other party would want money in exchange so that’s why I feel very guilty.

if this halal, why do i feel so guilty about it? I’ve stayed away from ZINA up til now, but it was because I was doing a sin I thought wasn’t lesser. 

I feel like Mutah is ZINA with a sigha?

6 hours ago, Famalik said:

Salam all,

I was looking for some guidance on something. Alhamdulilah I have just came back from Ziyarat and after speaking with a Alim there, he made me make a promise and that was to drop my most dangerous sin. Ashamed to admit, but as a young male, my worst sin is istimna(masturbation). The Alim advises that I get married to stay away from sin and take care of human needs in halal fashion however since I will not be getting married for at least another 2-3 years due to school and parents not willing til completion, he recommended mutah with Ahle kitab.

my issue is that I feel guilty doing Nikkah mutah solely for the sake of justifying pleasure, and just because it is better than istimna. Also, to pay someone willing here as a dowry, I feel like is very similar to prostitution and have a hard time accepting that. I am only asking because I want to take care of my human desires in a halal fashion and it’s getting to the point my mind is consumed by these dirty thoughts. I usually controlled this by astagfirullah but I have stopped that now.

please looking for some help or advice. 

Jazak

What do you mean by Mutah is better than Istimna? Are you comparing a Halal way with a Haram way?

You can meet one person and do Mutah with her till you graduate and find a job. Then you can change it to permanent one. Allah gave you and that girl permission, why do you want to make a big deal out of it? Don't you think that maybe that Ahlekitab girl will become Shia Muslim because of her Mutah with you? Do you know how much it's good for you? Look at Mutah in a brighter way. If that Aalim would have told you to do permanent marriage, would you again feel guilty? As you can see there is no difference between Mutah and Nikah from this point of view.

(Look! you are like my brother. Please don't do Istimna. You are supposed to see Imam Hussain and Amiralmuminin in the other world, how would you look at their face with the pleasure of that sin in your heart? Your value is more than an instantaneous pleasure. I hope you decide to do Tawbah and never do that again. It makes your spirit, body, and mind exhausted, tired, and away from Allah)

Edited by AmirAlmuminin Lover

Salam, 

First, I would advise to never admit you sins publicaly. As muslims, we only confess our sins and ask help from Allah(s.w.a). This forum is anonymous, but not as anonymous as you think. 

Second, as others have said,  mutah is marriage, it is halal and encouraged in itself and should not be compared with masturbation, which is a sin. 

There are some conditions for mutah which you must abide by, though

1. The girl has to be muslima or ahl al kitab, not in a sexual or intimate relationship with another man for last two months, and ideally should be of good moral 

character (not known as an adulteress,  liar, drug addict, theif, backbiter, etc). 

2. Marriage must be done legally, according to the adq or contract(the alim probably told you about that part). As was said above the mahr could be anything (a rose, quran, etc) but if you want to maintain good aklaq, it should be something of value, i.e. something that a women or her station economically would consider to be a nice gift. 

If you can find a women like that, and she is willing to do mutah with you, then you should do it. 

Also, you shouldn't discount the idea of finding a permenant marriage. You don't need to hold off for two or three years. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

On 1 Декабрь 2017 г. at 3:02 AM, Famalik said:

f this halal, why do i feel so guilty about it?

Solely because of social stereotypes which are in no way connected with Islam, at least with Jafari Madhhab