Guest Hanin

Is it haram for a muslim to enter a church?

Rate this question

Question

Guest Hanin

Assalamu aleikum, brothers and sisters. I was just wondering if it was haram to enter a church? Not for worshiping reasons, but only because my school is having a field trip day and is visiting a church. Should I stay at home? Thank you.

7 answers to this question

7 hours ago, Guest Hanin said:

Assalamu aleikum, brothers and sisters. I was just wondering if it was haram to enter a church? Not for worshiping reasons, but only because my school is having a field trip day and is visiting a church. Should I stay at home? Thank you.

Not at all. I went to a Catholic school until 4th grade.

It's haram if it might cause doubts in your mind about the faith or cause you to enter into haram actions. Only you can make that judgement, but don't fool yourself, because you won't be fooling God.

22 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

Not at all. I went to a Catholic school until 4th grade.

Such answers are not specific.  We should be more careful when responding to sensitive fiqhi issues.

1 hour ago, silasun said:

It's haram if it might cause doubts in your mind about the faith or cause you to enter into haram actions. Only you can make that judgement, but don't fool yourself, because you won't be fooling God.

Such answers are not specific.  We should be more careful when responding to sensitive fiqhi issues.

Brother - he is going to a church on a school trip. There is no restrictions on that.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.