Jimmy Boy

Can God destroy Himself?

Rate this topic

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

You are a human you think that way.  Our mind is limited

Allah 3za wa jal has no limit He is Eternal.

As the brother said above, wrong question.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

Your question is wrong because it is based on a false premise: that death of God is possible. While we believe that is impossible.

If death of God was possible, he wouldnt be all-powerful because he was not able to prevent his death.

So you cannot say if he is all-powerful...

Salam dear friend, God is the 'creator' of destruction, so how can his creation be applied to him? It's like saying for example, I make a sandwich and then I eat it, but I don't believe it's possible for my sandwich to eat me lol (I know weird example lol), the rules of creation don't apply to the creator it's that simple, God is not limited to the imagination of our mind, but we are limited to the imaginative ability he has 'created' for us, anyway I hope you find the answer you seek all the best, wsalam

On 11/25/2017 at 3:16 AM, Jimmy Boy said:

How can a question be wrong?Questions do NOT state anything,thus they cannot be wrong.

The problem is that the question itself does not make sense when we consider the implication of the words being used in it. "God" in the classical theistic and traditional Islamic sense of the word entails an existent who (i) exists, (ii) his existence is grounded in himself and not an external cause, (iii) exists necessarily meaning it is impossible that he does not exist since it would lead to impossible conclusions. In other words, God is the necessary existent whose is the very act of existence, al-hayy "the Alive", or, as Aquinas would say, ipsum esse subsistens, the "subsistent act of existing itself". Therefore, a person who accepts this definition of "God" would say "no it is not possible that God does not exist since that would amount to saying 'the being which necessarily exists as the act of existing itself does not exist.'" 

21 hours ago, Jimmy Boy said:

Since God is all-powerful,can He destroy Himself and thus cease to exist?

Our mind is still too limited to understand such probabilities, we must first understand WHAT is God? Ask yourself this question, what is Allah made of? What is his nature? Can we read his mind? I'm sure of the results.