Abraram

Is this Knowledge (Ilm) ?

Rate this question

Question

There is a popular saying: "Knowledge without deed is nothing".

This saying applies to some of the things but according to my speculation doesn't work for everything. For example, if ilm is: "Allah is 1" and the practical deed one might say is to "avoid shirk". Now, I truly believe and I gain knowledge.

How about proton, neutron and electron revolve around nucleus? And proton has other particles in it etc. What could be the deed of this knowledge? Is it just information, then schools and university are mostly focusing on learning information rather than the true knowledge?

4 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Abraram said:

I couldn't understand how the ayah mentioned proves the deed?

Tafakkur is a deed.

Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 190:
إِنَّ فِي خَلْقِ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَاخْتِلَافِ اللَّيْلِ وَالنَّهَارِ لَآيَاتٍ لِّأُولِي الْأَلْبَابِ

Most surely in the creation of the heavens and the earth and the alternation of the night and the day there are signs for men who understand.
(English - Shakir)

Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 191:
الَّذِينَ يَذْكُرُونَ اللَّهَ قِيَامًا وَقُعُودًا وَعَلَىٰ جُنُوبِهِمْ وَيَتَفَكَّرُونَ فِي خَلْقِ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ رَبَّنَا مَا خَلَقْتَ هَٰذَا بَاطِلًا سُبْحَانَكَ فَقِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

Those who remember Allah standing and sitting and lying on their sides and reflect on the creation of the heavens and the earth: Our Lord! Thou hast not created this in vain! Glory be to Thee; save us then from the chastisement of the fire:
(English - Shakir)

You can see brother, dhikr & tafakkur are deeds.

Salat (prayer) is also a form of dhikr, Quran is dhikr.

Surah Taha, Verse 14:
إِنَّنِي أَنَا اللَّهُ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا أَنَا فَاعْبُدْنِي وَأَقِمِ الصَّلَاةَ لِذِكْرِي

Surely I am Allah, there is no god but I, therefore serve Me and keep up prayer for My remembrance:
(English - Shakir)

2 hours ago, Abraram said:

How about proton, neutron and electron revolve around nucleus? And proton has other particles in it etc. What could be the deed of this knowledge? Is it just information, then schools and university are mostly focusing on learning information rather than the true knowledge?

It is not just information (khabar), it is knowledge. How this knowledge relates to deeds can be understood with the help of these verses:

Surah Ar-Room, Verse 7:
يَعْلَمُونَ ظَاهِرًا مِّنَ الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا وَهُمْ عَنِ الْآخِرَةِ هُمْ غَافِلُونَ

They know the outward of this world's life, but of the hereafter they are absolutely heedless.
(English - Shakir)

Surah Ar-Room, Verse 8:
أَوَلَمْ يَتَفَكَّرُوا فِي أَنفُسِهِم مَّا خَلَقَ اللَّهُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ وَمَا بَيْنَهُمَا إِلَّا بِالْحَقِّ وَأَجَلٍ مُّسَمًّى وَإِنَّ كَثِيرًا مِّنَ النَّاسِ بِلِقَاءِ رَبِّهِمْ لَكَافِرُونَ

Do they not reflect within themselves: Allah did not create the heavens and the earth and what is between them two but with truth, and (for) an appointed term? And most surely most of the people are deniers of the meeting of their Lord.
(English - Shakir)

Edited by Salsabeel

Hi I think when you understand the basics instructures of what the materials made you can understand the existence of Allah & his knowledge & you can change everything to anything that you want کن فیکونwhen caliph of Allah on earth Imam Mahdi (as) reappears he can do everything by will of Allah as you see some anti shia channels on youtube & other social media insult Shias that their Imam Mahdi (aj) can control atoms.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.