wolverine

#18 Do You Own a Car?

Poll #18  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do you personally own a car?

• Yes
    • No

I do not see the point with these polls. What is the benefit to us ?
There could be disadvantages too, gathering information for the enemy,

1 hour ago, wolverine said:

Do you own a car? I mean personally, not friends or family. :D

As salaamun aleikum, for the last 7 years I have  been driving a 95 GMC Sierra 1500 pickup, 5.7 liter engine. It has been stolen twice and broken into twice, but each time Allahسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى  has returned it to me quickly and undamaged, alhamdulilah. It wasn't until after it was stolen the second time that I went online and researched and found out that in 2015 it was the third most stolen vehicle! Not because it's special or anything, but because by the time a vehicle gets to the age that mine is, generally the lock cylinders and ignition cylinder has been fairly worn down, so they just force a key in and drive away:/ Needless to say, I replaced all locks, and had an alarm installed by my friend husband. In sha Allah, it doesn't happen again. This time I have tied my camel, as we say in Islam!

Really the only reason why I continue driving a truck is because I can help people with it,plus, my family lives on a farm and there is always things we use my truck for. I have definetly considered non-op ing it and getting a smaller car, but im not completely ready to surrender to that just yet.

7 minutes ago, LadyNadine said:

Lol where are you coming up with these ideas? I had one but I’m not allowed to make a poll up.

PM your poll idea to an active member of the development team. 

I personally dont own a car. I have a driving licence but I am not brave enough to drive. When I took part in driving classes I really liked driving and I thought that my driving was very good but when the instructor told me that I was not good in half-clutch driving, I somewhat lost my confidence.

Even once I got in my father's car and started driving but I forgot to release the parking brake and so I drove with much difficulty because the brake was unreleased. Then when I returned and parked the car, I found out my mistake!

2 hours ago, shadow_of_light said:

I personally dont own a car. I have a driving licence but I am not brave enough to drive. When I took part in driving classes I really liked driving and I thought that my driving was very good but when the instructor told me that I was not good in half-clutch driving, I somewhat lost my confidence.

Even once I got in my father's car and started driving but I forgot to release the parking brake and so I drove with much difficulty because the brake was unreleased. Then when I returned and parked the car, I found out my mistake!

It’s all about learning from your mistakes and making an effort to avoid repeating them, I was much the same when I started first learning to drive. 

On 11/23/2017 at 1:11 AM, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

There could be disadvantages too, gathering information for the enemy,

as if they don't know enough already lol

There are 36 million millionaires in the world and 16 million of them are in US. Too many rich people in US, that's why everyone keeps complaining about me not earning enough. Anyway, there should be a poll asking how many millionaires we have on SC. 

Edited by rkazmi33