hasanhh

Thanksgiving Mubarak, Y'all

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

Dont you celebrate thanksgiving in October? 

It's a harvest festival. Canadians celebrate in October when they bring in the harvest. In the United States we celebrate in November, though I'm not sure which crops are still in the field. I don't know any farmers these days. 

9 minutes ago, modaoudi said:

Salam,

Genuine question do all americans celebrate thanksgiving? I thought it was a christian thing

Thanksgiving Day is a national holiday celebrated in Canada, the United States, some of the Caribbean islands, and Liberia. It began as a day of giving thanks for the blessing of the harvest and of the preceding year. Similarly named festival holidays occur in Germany and Japan. Thanksgiving is celebrated on the second Monday of October in Canada and on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States, and around the same part of the year in other places. Although Thanksgiving has historical roots in religious and cultural traditions, it has long been celebrated as a secular holiday as well.

1 hour ago, modaoudi said:

Salam,

Genuine question do all americans celebrate thanksgiving? I thought it was a christian thing

No, it has no Christian basis, though of course Christian families in the United States do celebrate it. Like I said before, it is a harvest celebration. All agricultural societies have some version of it. 

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:11 PM, LeftCoastMom said:

Problematic for us due to the cutesyed -up history. But ... as note at time ~2:30 to have a more accurate story:

Listen to a re-play of Rush Limbaugh's Wednesday's program.

Glad your back, LCM. How did you do at the Turkey Shoot?

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 4:54 PM, hasanhh said:

Sorry, but l'II be thinking :eat: pizza.

A man at the library suggested l put  stuffing on my pizza.

So when it came time to cook today, l skipped the pizza and put the stuffing on my noodles and rice.

lt  was good.

Edited by hasanhh

"USA continues to discriminate against African Americans; segregating people on a scale of black and white! To this date, when it comes to recruiting people for various professions, the racist system considers an individual, who has native blood running through their veins, as inferior. And they want to teach others and talk about equality of humans and freedom of thought?"

"European attitude〰towards the true Natives of America〰was so violent and so disturbing that it is the darkest era of modern American history. [The genocide against Natives continues this day, as we are learning.] The Euro-Americans themselves have written extensively on the massacres that took place and the pressures that they exerted on the Native people of America--Navajo, Cherokee, Apache, Sioux, Lakota, Comanche and many other tribes and nations. These same actions were adopted and used by the English in Australia [against aboriginals.] The English hunted humans, for pleasure, like they were wild animals. They did not attach any value to the lives of humans: This is only one example. There are thousands of examples documented in English." 

- Ayatollah Khamenei

9 hours ago, Waseem162 said:

The English hunted humans, for pleasure, like they were wild animals. They did not attach any value to the lives of humans: This is only one example.

I think this is exaggeration. At least if it did happen it wasn't considered normal or acceptable. 

The rest of our history, however, is awful enough that no hyperbole is needed. 

2 hours ago, notme said:

I think this is exaggeration. At least if it did happen it wasn't considered normal or acceptable. 

The rest of our history, however, is awful enough that no hyperbole is needed. 

"The Americans introduce certain principles as “American principles," and they claim these principals apply to the entire world. They label these principles or values--by their own white-supremacists standards--as "freedom, free thought, human rights and the like," but do these qualities truly represent “American” principles? Are these the qualities that represent American society today? Was it not the US government that massacred the natives of America and destroyed most of the Native traditions, lands and culture? Was it not the same government and their influential agents who enslaved millions of Africans and Native Americans--abducting young girls and boys from their homes--treating them atrociously for years?" 

- Ayatollah Khamenei

On 11/24/2017 at 1:42 AM, Waseem162 said:

The English hunted humans, for pleasure, like they were wild animals.

They didn't, they were simply racist and genuinely believed that the natives were savages and less than human for not speaking English, looking English, not using the same technology as the English and not following Christianity. Basically the same as any other European nation at the time. They didn't hunt humans for pleasure, that is an exaggeration. Khamenei is wrong, very wrong. They shot and killed natives because the English thought that they were a nuisance and godless subhumans. 

On 11/24/2017 at 1:42 AM, Waseem162 said:

[The genocide against Natives continues this day, as we are learning.]

Where and when? I'm not hearing it in the news. If there's a genocide going on, I would have heard about it now, along with thousands of others. Not only that, we would be incensed and probably protesting and/or rioting on the streets.

On 11/24/2017 at 2:29 PM, Gaius I. Caesar said:

They didn't, they were simply racist and genuinely believed that the natives were savages and less than human for not speaking English, looking English, not using the same technology as the English and not following Christianity. Basically the same as any other European nation at the time. They didn't hunt humans for pleasure, that is an exaggeration. Khamenei is wrong, very wrong. They shot and killed natives because the English thought that they were a nuisance and godless subhumans. 

Where and when? I'm not hearing it in the news. If there's a genocide going on, I would have heard about it now, along with thousands of others. Not only that, we would be incensed and probably protesting and/or rioting on the streets.

You westerners are greatly Brain-Washed. Kudos to you people. 

On 11/24/2017 at 2:29 PM, Gaius I. Caesar said:

:salam:

To prove Ayatollah Khamenei's vision is wrong we should know how Natives treated settlers upon their arrival. 

Is it not documented that there were fair exchanges in the beginning? Then how did that turn into human hunt afterwards ?

And even if reciprocal animosity did take place, how do you ignore the feeling of the person holding a gun against one who does not. It is almost impossible that mass killing took place without some form of self contentment.

And I am not just trying to justify Sayid's word. Go see any civil war when two former neighbors fight, it is often with this feeling of destructive pleasure.

1 hour ago, realizm said:

You westerners are greatly Brain-Washed. Kudos to you people. 

That's no way to speak of your fellow Muslim. At least I didn't say you were brainwashed...

There is no genocide happening now, but there is great injustice to Native Americans today.

1 hour ago, realizm said:

Is it not documented that there were fair exchanges in the beginning? Then how did that turn into human hunt afterwards ?

It is documented that natives did attack white settlers, which contributed to European settlers seeing them as nothing than animals. The massacres began once the natives realized that the Europeans were going to take land by their rules, brought diseases, enslaved them and willing to kill them all to colonize the New World. So every time the natives fought back, the settlers retaliated with a even greater vengeance. I am not denying that there were mass killings, but to call it "human-hunting" seems exaggerated and a bit simplistic and to say the settlers "enjoyed" it is wrong. It wasn't a hunt, it was a conflict between humans. A series of numerous wars between the late 1600's and late 1800's that culminated into genocides.

That's my understanding^

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

16 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

That's no way to speak of your fellow Muslim. At least I didn't say you were brainwashed...

There is no genocide happening now, but there is great injustice to Native Americans today.

It is documented that natives did attack white settlers, which contributed to European settlers seeing them as nothing than animals. The massacres began once the natives realized that the Europeans were going to take land by their rules, brought diseases, enslaved them and willing to kill them all to colonize the New World. So every time the natives fought back, the settlers retaliated with a even greater vengeance. I am not denying that there were mass killings, but to call it "human-hunting" seems exaggerated and a bit simplistic and to say the settlers "enjoyed" it is wrong. It wasn't a hunt, it was a conflict between humans. A series of numerous wars between the late 1600's and late 1800's that culminated into genocides.

That's my understanding^

Brother, it is unclear from your post who attacked first.

8 minutes ago, realizm said:

Brother, it is unclear from your post who attacked first.

Ok, let me clarify white man, starting from Christopher Columbus attacked the natives first but that isn't to say the natives attacked first in some historical instances.

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

I would never celebrate the slaughter of a nation.  Curse be upon CC.

Just like we hate it when people celebrate on Ashura, we should feel the same way towards this mass murdering day.  But every year I mention the same thing, just a reminder for the passerby.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

For the past couple of years the UK has been having 'black Friday sales' , and my God it's hilarious to see grown men and women fighting for bread and milk that's been reduced only by a couple of pennies, seriously YouTube it and you'll see what I'm talking about, as for Thanksgiving it's not really established in the UK, but I know of friends who celebrate it here

^^^

Assalam Alikum 

We already do that everyday as Muslims.

It was the death of Sayyida Sukayna, the daughter of Imam Hussain 3la salam.

Again the Shias that are passionate for not feasting on Ashura should also carry the same sentiments on the slaughter of indigenous people, a mask or cover up on what really happened.  

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah