Guest sara1

Taking off hijab

Rate this question

Question

Guest sara1

Salaam,

I've recently starting wearing hijab for about a year now and suddenly I've been feeling like taking it off. I don't feel like myself in it. I feel that I was much more religious before the hijab.  I feel like I'm losing myself in the hijab. I wear makeup everyday because I don't like how I look without it. Also, I know I am not wearing the proper hijab. Does this all negate the purpose of wearing the hijab? Is there any purpose of the hijab I am already wearing?

Is it a bigger sin to take off the hijab than not wearing one at all? And if I decide to wear it again in the future, will God accept it?

Please help.

3 answers to this question

You should look after the reasons and feelings you have developed towards hijaab, and ask yourself why you feel like this towards something Allah ordained for us.

It is hard to acknowledge laws when they affect us, but we have got and believe in Islam for a reason.

May Allah help you overcoming these feelings, and not allow you to take any step back in your path to Him inshaAllah.

salam, you should definitely not take your hijab off, rather analyze your feelings and realize the true purpose of your hijab and how it helps protect you as a women and that the hijab is not just a peice of cloth that you wear, there is much more meaning behind it after all it is prescribed by our creator who knows exactly what we need, also if you have the time i really recomend you listen to this

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.