Jump to content
islam25

was Ayatullah Bahjat ra a sofi.

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

I was watching a program on Ayatullah Bahjat ra on IRIB .They called him a sofi .Even though it was not new for me. But listening it from IRIB was quite astonishing for. Want to know views from friends at shiachat. 

Edited by islam25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dhulfikar said:

He is not Sufi.

May be you are right. But what I mean IRIB that is Iranian national channel called him sofi in praising him. And they know much better than you to what to call and what  not. 

Edited by islam25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, islam25 said:

May be you are right. But what I mean IRIB that is Iranian national channel called him sofi in praising him. And they know much better than you to what to call and what  not. 

Read his books, read about his life and watch his lectures. He is ithna ashari who follows all the 12 Imams and is enemy of the enemies of Ahlulbait (as), unlike a Sufi with his orders and praises of Khilaafet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dhulfikar said:

Read his books, read about his life and watch his lectures. He is ithna ashari who follows all the 12 Imams and is enemy of the enemies of Ahlulbait (as), unlike a Sufi with his orders and praises of Khilaafet. 

That is what I say. Why they called him sofi. Or in other words sofi doesn’t mean what you have have understood. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being sufi doesn't automatically mean to be sunni. Yes most of them are, but there exist some Shia tarikah and at least one of them is based in Iran. I am not implying Ayatullah Bahjat was its part though, just being suffi doesn't mean something bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, islam25 said:

May be you are right. But what I mean IRIB that is Iranian national channel called him sofi in praising him. And they know much better than you to what to call and what  not. 

Which channel and which programme?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, islam25 said:

That is what I say. Why they called him sofi. Or in other words sofi doesn’t mean what you have have understood. 

It doesn't actually matter what they call him. But no of Ithina Ashari who live spiritual life wants to be called Sufi or have anything to do with them. We want to be called Shi'a.

Imam Ali (as) said that he have the list of all of his Shi'as and we want to be exactly in that list. Anyway I don't really understand if they said it why they came to that conclusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dhulfikar said:

It doesn't actually matter what they call him. But no of Ithina Ashari who live spiritual life wants to be called Sufi or have anything to do with them. We want to be called Shi'a.

Imam Ali (as) said that he have the list of all of his Shi'as and we want to be exactly in that list.

I doesn’t know weather they like to be called Sufis or not. Definitely they called him sofi. To me it indicates that in his spiritual life there might be strong influence of teachings of sofis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, islam25 said:

I doesn’t know weather they like to be called Sufis or not. Definitely they called him sofi. To me it indicates that in his spiritual life there might be strong influence of teachings of sofis. 

Well the teaching can be found directly from Shi'as book too brother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dhulfikar said:

Well the teaching can be found directly from Shi'as book too brother.

That is OK. But the sprit with which sofis followed is not seen in masses. 

And if sofi term was so bad the IRIB would never use it. And the students of Bahjat as would have sued IRIB. 

Rather they used sofi as an honour for Ayatullah Bahjat ra. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SalmanK said:

Being sufi doesn't automatically mean to be sunni. Yes most of them are, but there exist some Shia tarikah and at least one of them is based in Iran. I am not implying Ayatullah Bahjat was its part though, just being suffi doesn't mean something bad.

I have come to know when it comes to spirituality (sofism)there is nothing like Sunni Shia. 

They are all same that true servant's and lovers of Allah. 

Edited by islam25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, islam25 said:

IRIB. 

There are irib1, irib2, irib3, ... Do you remember which of these channels showed that programme? All of these channels are in Farsi. Do you completely understand Farsi? I mean are you sure you didnt mishear?

Yes, I think there would have been some reactions if he had been called a sufi because he was not a sufi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shadow_of_light said:

There are irib1, irib2, irib3, ... Do you remember which of these channels showed that programme? All of these channels are in Farsi. Do you completely understand Farsi? I mean are you sure you didnt mishear?

Yes, I think there would have been some reactions if he had been called a sufi because he was not a sufi.

IRIB 2.I know a little bit farsi. And actually it had English subtitle too. Actually many Shia mujtahids have speaked with respect and praising the most sofis particularly the spirituality of sofis. That is why they call him sofi.

But most of shia view it with prisim of shia Sunni. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

hi in Iran most of times Erfan/Irfan(knowing of Allah very well and spiritualy by keeping of faith)  misunderstood with sufism Ayt Behjat was in high of levels of Erfan/Irfan not sofism that this person cals Aref عارف(well knower of Allah)

It is not like that. Rather both irfan and sofism are synonymous. when a person asked Bahjat ra about sofis he highly praised them. And it is said that in Iran they teach spirituality from books written by sofis. 

Edited by islam25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

28646.jpg?itok=g-OLnTW6

Light Within Me

https://www.al-islam.org/light-within-me-mutahhari-tabatabai-khomeini

 
Introduction to Irfan, stages of the spiritual journey, guidance and perfection, Interpretation of Sura al-Hamd, and the Invocation of Sha'baniyah.
 
FEATURED CATEGORY: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sofi that you mentioned is not as we see on youtube that they do it with rituals this is not accepeted by shia islam

but meaning of it when you pray god you are not prisoned by your physical body  but your soul directly connets to Allah in appearnce your body and brain do the worshipping ritual but your soul is free and connected to Allah and beside praying physicaly you pray Allah by your soul & mind 

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for understanding this type of sufism through western view you can read works of Henry Corbin at the end its a link to Man of Light by henry corbin in english by pdf format

https://www.al-islam.org/node/30892

Tasawwuf the Meeting Point of Tashayyu and Tasannun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi from view of Imam Ali(as) is 3 type of motivation for praying described:1.Merchant(Gaining Rewards),2.Slave(Do not getting punishment),3.worship of righteousness and glory(Just for Love of Allah)

all 3 accepted but the no3 is the best of them

http://www.islamquest.net/fa/archive/question/fa60011

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.islamquest.net%2Ffa%2Farchive%2Fquestion%2Ffa60011&edit-text=

In terms of Imam Ali (a), what motives do people worship God?
question
According to the words of Imam Ali (as) in Nahj al-Balaghah, how will worship be free worship?
Concise answer
Imam Ali (AS) divides the worship of the people according to the goals and motives in them, into three types: 
"إن قوما عبدوا الله رغبة فتلك عبادة التجار و إن قوما عبدوا الله قرية فتلك عبادة العبيد و إن قوما عبدوا الله شكرا فتلك عبادة الأحارار". [1] 
A group of people worship God for gaining heavenly blessings. Imam Ali (pbuh) refers to this type of worship as merchant's worship, because these people deal with others, like traders and businessmen, in hopes of gaining profit and gaining profit. 
Others are worshiping God for fear of the torment of hell and to escape from the tribulations of the hereafter. This type of worship is the worship of the slaves because the slaves obey and follow their own orders from fear and for not being punished. 
But a group of servants worships God for His gratitude (ie, He deserves worship and worship for God alone). This type of worship is the worship of free men and freebies. These people worship God with knowledge and sincerity, and this is the best and best kind of worship. [2] 
It is evident, however, that the worship of righteousness and glory is not essentially worship to fall into this division, and this division is limited to worship which is accepted by the right but different degrees.
 

[1] . Seyed Razi, Mohammad ibn Husayn, Nahj al-Balaghah, Researcher: Sabhi Saleh, p. 510, Qom, Hijra, first edition, 1414 AD.
[2] . Sharif al-Razi, Mohammad ibn Husayn, Nahj al-Balaghah, translation and description of Faizol-Islam Isfahani, Ali Nagi, Tehran, Publishing House of Fayyaz Al-Islami, vol. 6, p. 1199, fifth edition, 2000.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Last Luminary and Ways to Delve Into the Light

https://www.al-islam.org/last-luminary-and-ways-delve-light-sayyid-ridha-husayni-mutlaq

https://www.al-islam.org/search/site/henri corbin

This work authored by Sayyid Ridha Husayni Mutlaq, presents ninety-nine rights and responsibilities which the true believers have to the Living Imam. The author demonstrates that the best way which one can fulfill such responsibilities is through purification of the soul and in addition, a spiritual change must take place within each person and we must seek to maintain closeness to Allah.

TRANSLATOR(S): 
CATEGORY: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

sofi that you mentioned is not as we see on youtube that they do it with rituals this is not accepeted by shia islam

but meaning of it when you pray god you are not prisoned by your physical body  but your soul directly connets to Allah in appearnce your body and brain do the worshipping ritual but your soul is free and connected to Allah and beside praying physicaly you pray Allah by your soul & mind 

Mr.I didn't told you by mentioning sofi it means what is seen on utube. 

But in reality all great sofis are true gnostics.Actually their rituals of zikr even if we do not do is not necessarily wrong. Since there sofi masters are same who are praised by shia arifs. 

Yes if somebody's do prohabited actions in the name spirituality that is not allowed. So it never means the zikir done by sofis as we see today necessarily all wrong. 

Edited by islam25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×