Jump to content
  • 0

Rate this question

Question

hello

i just wanted to know what consequences will i go thru if i choose to marry someone who is a sunni muslim.?  (btw im shia) 

and is it haram to marry a sunni muslim? 

we have known each other a long time now and we are ready to get married. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
11 minutes ago, lolo0019 said:

hello

i just wanted to know what consequences will i go thru if i choose to marry someone who is a sunni muslim.?  (btw im shia) 

and is it haram to marry a sunni muslim? 

we have known each other a long time now and we are ready to get married. 

 

Lolo are you a woman? and where are you from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum

Do you love him more than Rasoul Allah?  Do you love him more than Ahulbayt?

Will you have a problem that your children will love the killers of Sayyida Fatima?

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Laayla said:

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum

Do you love him more than Rasoul Allah?  Do you love him more than Ahulbayt?

Will you have a problem that your children will love the killers of Sayyida Fatima?

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

walekumassalam.. 

no of course not.. but he seriously respects ahlulbayt and has nothing against them.. and regarding childrens i know that he won't force them to believe in what he believes in.. we already talked about all these things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum Sister,

Have a conversation with Allah and think long and hard before you make the next move.

I believe once you have children in the picture, your whole world will change.  Yes, we have same Quran, Qibla, and many other similarities.  But how important is wilayah in your life?  When they are in the age of taqleef, why have this confusion inside of them?  It will be a struggle sis, seriously.

I wish you and ask Allah to give you what is khayr.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, lolo0019 said:

walekumassalam.. 

no of course not.. but he seriously respects ahlulbayt and has nothing against them.. and regarding childrens i know that he won't force them to believe in what he believes in.. we already talked about all these things.

Consequences:

Worse case scenarios:

He might stop you from attending majalis, azadari

You kids will be Sunni or confused. 

You might become Sunni

He might taunt you in future or regret marrying you. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, lolo0019 said:

i just wanted to know what consequences will i go thru if i choose to marry someone who is a sunni muslim.?  (btw im shia) 

Aren't there enough Shia guys out there that you have to marry a Sunni?

4 hours ago, lolo0019 said:

and is it haram to marry a sunni muslim? 

If Sistani is your Marja then you can't move ahead with it.

1 hour ago, lolo0019 said:

he seriously respects ahlulbayt and has nothing against them

respecting is one thing...loving the Ahle Bayt is another.

1 hour ago, lolo0019 said:

and regarding childrens i know that he won't force them to believe in what he believes in

He says that now...but wait til he and your children get older. His tack will be completely different. He'll want the Sunni way for your kids.

Also, how does his family feel about him marrying a Shia? 

What about your family?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Akbar673 said:

Aren't there enough Shia guys out there that you have to marry a Sunni?

If Sistani is your Marja then you can't move ahead with it.

respecting is one thing...loving the Ahle Bayt is another.

He says that now...but wait til he and your children get older. His tack will be completely different. He'll want the Sunni way for your kids.

Also, how does his family feel about him marrying a Shia? 

What about your family?

Assalam

we love eachother deeply and we want to do it in a halal way by marrying.. he has always showed interest for ahlulbayt by attending muharram which also shows the respect he has for the imams. 

But i believe respecting eachothers beliefs are very important. 

His family has Nothing against it they already accepted. But my family are a bit against it especially my father.. Im trying to convince him. 

He is a very good man with a pure heart i believe.. thats What made me take this decision 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
23 hours ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

Consequences:

Worse case scenarios:

He might stop you from attending majalis, azadari

You kids will be Sunni or confused. 

You might become Sunni

He might taunt you in future or regret marrying you. 

But i talked to him about all this.. 

He won't do all these things to me,  The only thing is important for him is to respect each others beliefs. Isn't that enough?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 hours ago, lolo0019 said:

But i talked to him about all this.. 

He won't do all these things to me,  The only thing is important for him is to respect each others beliefs. Isn't that enough?

I know a person who experienced sometime similar to this. A guy was very liberal and after marriage he met some wahabies who brain washed him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×