saba86

husband has become against majlis

Rate this question

Question

I am shia syed married to a non syed husband. Initially he used to go to majlis. But with the passage of Time he has forbidden going to majlis. In fact he forces me not to attend any majlis. He's against having majlis at our home as well. He doesn't contribute anything towards majlis and neither gives a helping hand. I don't understand this behavior. He attended wedding ceremonies during the month of muharram as well. I tried to discuss things with him but all in vain. I am soo depressed. Can't find a way out. Please suggest something.  A dua that can help ? It's becoming difficult for me to live. Restrictions on everything seemed okay. But not being allowed to go to a majlis and ziaraat in unbearable. Please help.

11 answers to this question

5 hours ago, saba86 said:

I am shia syed married to a non syed husband. Initially he used to go to majlis. But with the passage of Time he has forbidden going to majlis. In fact he forces me not to attend any majlis. He's against having majlis at our home as well. He doesn't contribute anything towards majlis and neither gives a helping hand. I don't understand this behavior. He attended wedding ceremonies during the month of muharram as well. I tried to discuss things with him but all in vain. I am soo depressed. Can't find a way out. Please suggest something.  A dua that can help ? It's becoming difficult for me to live. Restrictions on everything seemed okay. But not being allowed to go to a majlis and ziaraat in unbearable. Please help.

has he stated the reason why he doesnt wish to go to majlis? does he feel more inclined towards sunnism or think that majlis is not improtant in shia islam?

- you being a sayed and him not being one does not matter at all in this discussion sister

- you have to obey him in not leaving the house

- however, he is still wrong for not letting you go to the majlis, where you can learn about your religion and gain valuable information

- and he is very wrong for participating in a wedding in Muharram

- you can still do ziyarat Ashura in your house sister

- you don''t need to obey him.

There is a big difference in respect and obedience. Only Slaves obey. The objective of obedience here is being used in an incorrect way. How can it be rational that he can do as he wills, while it be incorrect with the religious teaching and disallow a thing that is recommended in religion. Yet, the sheep intimate the notion of obedience.

He is probably having a mid life crisis, show some polite authority and the seed will be shown.

Edited by monad

Isn't it the same person who pretended to be a pakistani man whose elder syster refused to attend Imamburgah few days ago? Sorry if I am wrong but the story looks almost same.

3 hours ago, E.L King said:

- you being a sayed and him not being one does not matter at all in this discussion sister

Sadly that's what matters in reality.

3 hours ago, monad said:

- you don''t need to obey him.

There is a big difference in respect and obedience. Only Slaves obey. The objective of obedience here is being used in an incorrect way. How can it be rational that he can do as he wills, while it be incorrect with the religious teaching and disallow a thing that is recommended in religion. Yet, the sheep intimate the notion of obedience.

He is probably having a mid life crisis, show some polite authority and the seed will be shown.

The person I was replying to probably does taqleed to a marja, and so I just mentioned the most popular ruling amongst the jurists.

18 hours ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

So you are saying all syeds are pious? 

No, only that some people think so and if the situation in question was for real the syed-non-syed problem would indeed be brought up.

On 11/13/2017 at 6:51 AM, SalmanK said:

No, only that some people think so and if the situation in question was for real the syed-non-syed problem would indeed be brought up.

Sorry but i am not following you. of course there is no issue with being non syed the guy is not religious period. 

Syed/Non-Syed is a non-issue here.

If you find someone moving away from Hussain, then we should look at their actions. In one of his final sermons, Imam Hussain addressed the Army of Ibn Sa'ad and mentioned something along the lines of "My words will make no impression upon you because your stomachs are full of haram"

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.