Sign in to follow this  
Munzir Ahmed

Sons of Jafar as-Sadiq

Rate this topic

29 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

it is written that Imam Jafar al Sadiq a.s disliked his being with radical people who want to use him.

Apparently those people claimed Ismail as their Imam and successor to Jafar as Sadiq (as)

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

12 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

11 hours ago, skyweb1987 said:

Imam Jafar As Sadiq AS had the following sons:

1.  Ismail bin Jafar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isma'il_ibn_Jafar

2.  Abdullah aftah bin Jafar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdullah_al-Aftah

3. Imam Musa Alkazim AS bin Jafar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musa_al-Kadhim

4. Ishaque Motmen bin Jafar

5. Mohammad debaj bin Jafar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_ibn_Ja'far_al-Sadiq

6. Ali Ureezi bin Jafar   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_al-Uraidhi_ibn_Ja'far_al-Sadiq

(Reference: Book "Tareekh bani hashim" Vol 4, by Irteza Nawaz Puri)

How you twelver shias view them? were they all twelvers? and how many of them were misguided? can you share your narrations if you know instead of wikipedia.

11 hours ago, father said:

Children 

The question of succession after al-Sadiq's death was the cause of division among Shias who considered his eldest son, Isma'il (who had died before his father) to be the next imam, and those who believed his third son Musa al-Kadhim was the imam. The first group became known as the Ismailis and the second, larger, group was named Ja'fari or the Twelvers.

Why division occur? when the lineage of 12 Imams was already known to all.

10 hours ago, Ali_Hussain said:

He claimed to be the imam after his father. 

How can he do that? he was son of the Imam. Has he not learned from his father about Imamah? what about his other sons, did they also claim imamah for themselves?

Will he then go to hell-fire eternally and also those who believed in his imamah at that time?

10 hours ago, Sindbad05 said:

Did I say Abu Hanifah was son of Ahlebait a.s ? I did not say that. But he did deviated in his life from teachings of Imam Jafar al Sadiq a.s such as saying that Allah AWJ is responsible for our sins that is contrary to the teachings of Islam. And his disciple Abu Yousuf accepted being Judge. 

Secondly, since when you became Shia brother that you are saying that our fiqh....Our Fiqh is known as Jafari because Imam Jafar al Sadiq a.s formed educational system that included various sciences. So, it is known by his name but in reality we are Muhammadi, Alwi, Hasani, Hussaini, Fatimi, Abidi, Baqiri, Jafari, Muswavi, Rizvi, Taqwi, Naqvi, Askari and Mehdavi....

Source plz for his such belief? And if his disciple accepted being judge then why to blame the teacher. Will you blame Jafar Sadiq for deviated beliefs of his students? Surely not.

History also shows us the other side of Abu hanifa that he refused to be the judge, hecne put to death. And he also supported revolt of Zayd bin Ali, uncle of Jafar Sadiq.

Forget about Abu hanifa, he was just his student for some years. How can his own sons become so deviated that they claimed imamah for themselves. While abu hanifa never accepted the offer of being the judge of any tyrant ruler.

4 hours ago, Munzir Ahmed said:

How you twelver shias view them? were they all twelvers? and how many of them were misguided? can you share your narrations if you know instead of wikipedia.

They were all pious muslims except the one  Abdullah aftah bin Jafar. One brother has also quoted it in this thread.

They follow the Immamah of his father Imam Jafar as Sadiq who was alive in their life.

I have already mentioned the reference of book from where i have got the names. The source books are not in English but in Arabic and other languages,to provide the information in this thread the wikipedia has been quoted.

4 hours ago, Munzir Ahmed said:

Why division occur? when the lineage of 12 Imams was already known to all.

I believe in the verses of Quran and the hadith of the prophet saww mentioning the division in the nations:

Shakir: And We have revealed to you the Book with the truth, verifying what is before it of the Book and a guardian over it, therefore judge between them by what Allah has revealed, and do not follow their low desires (to turn away) from the truth that has come to you; for every one of you did We appoint a law and a way, and if Allah had pleased He would have made you (all) a single people, but that He might try you in what He gave you, therefore strive with one another to hasten to virtuous deeds; to Allah is your return, of all (of you), so He will let you know that in which you differed; (5:48)

The verses of quran do inform us that there were 12 leaders appointed by Allah swt in the children of israel, but most of them diverted from the truth:

And certainly Allah made a covenant with the children of Israel, and We raised up among them twelve chieftains; and Allah said: Surely I am with you; if you keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate and believe in My messengers and assist them and offer to Allah a goodly gift, I will most certainly cover your evil deeds, and I will most certainly cause you to enter into gardens beneath which rivers flow, but whoever disbelieves from among you after that, he indeed shall lose the right way. (5:12)

But on account of their breaking their covenant We cursed them and made their hearts hard; they altered the words from their places and they neglected a portion of what they were reminded of; and you shall always discover treachery in them excepting a few of them; so pardon them and turn away; surely Allah loves those who do good (to others). (5:13)

The prophet Muhammad saww has mentioned in his hadith that there will be 73 sects in his nations and 1 will be saved.

These are sufficient evidences to believe about the division of nation or ummah in sunni,  shia and other sects. This also includes the subdivisions within these sects.

wasalam

Edited by skyweb1987

11 hours ago, Hassan- said:

He'll be back again for sure.

Yeah with new name and a new account, Admin and Mods to keep an eye again like this one and previous accounts