a thinker philopher did nothing by himself just wanted Muslims to do everything for him but he was knowledgble man no doubt he had love for Ahlulbayt AS but he was not that much of religious man by himself which he used to write in his books he never did Hajj for example never prayed tahajjud never orderered his family women to wear hijab he had no beard but yeah he had love for Islam in his heart no doubt

sorry Iqbal lovers out there its my point of view dont take it personally i dont hate him i like his work but i dont think he is a role model for us in lifestyle maybe in knowledge some of his work can help us but his lifestyle was not according to Quran and Sunnah

4 hours ago, subhan Arshad said:

About allama iqbal

A great thinker, philosopher and poet....a keen observer, an scholar without a beard, a lover without a show-off. He is a great person, I am his student and I love him so much. 

2 hours ago, Najamsethi484 said:

a thinker philopher did nothing by himself just wanted Muslims to do everything for him but he was knowledgble man no doubt he had love for Ahlulbayt AS but he was not that much of religious man by himself which he used to write in his books he never did Hajj for example never prayed tahajjud never orderered his family women to wear hijab he had no beard but yeah he had love for Islam in his heart no doubt

He did what most of people like you couldn't do. 

Edited by islam25

i like his some writings which he wrote about Islam but i dont think he is really role model for Muslims i think only Masomeen AS is role model for us because they are sinless people

The question wasn't weather masoomeen as are role model or iqbal. 

What have you done bro for Ummah ? Except that you are mocking a person who used his words to motivate people and have not you read that Prophet PBUHHP said: "Sitting with Alim in deliberation worthy than seventy martyrs". Iqbal stopped many people from being turned to renegades and taught them what is real essence of Islam. Prophet PBUHHP said: "Ink of an Alim is more sacred than blood of a martyr". 

I did not read it before but now I feel hurt. Tell me if you have done more that Iqbal have done. Show me your books in which you encouraged people for doing goodness, I would consider you truthful if you have done so much for Ummah that you can look down upon Iqbal. 

Edited by Sindbad05

4 hours ago, subhan Arshad said:

About allama iqbal

Allama iqbal was a great philosopher, poet and thinker  of the century who diagnosed the disease of ummah and inspired muslim world to come out of ignorance and superstitious belives   to be  enthusiastic and active ummah. 

And in addition he was real lover of Allah and Ahlebayt as. 

46 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

What have you done bro for Ummah ? Except that you are mocking a person who used his words to motivate people and have not you read that Prophet PBUHHP said: "Sitting with Alim in deliberation worthy than seventy martyrs". Iqbal stopped many people from being turned to renegades and taught them what is real essence of Islam. Prophet PBUHHP said: "Ink of an Alim is more sacred than blood of a martyr". 

I did not read it before but now I feel hurt. Tell me if you have done more that Iqbal have done. Show me your books in which you encouraged people for doing goodness, I would consider you truthful if you have done so much for Ummah that you can look down upon Iqbal. 

sorry guys didnt mean to hurt you its just my view maybe im wrong maybe im right and yes i said that in knowledge allama iqbal is good so where did that come from that what have i done for ummah please read what i written in knowledge there is no doubt that iqbal was good but lifestyle of his was not according Quran and Sunnah he never did Hajj never prayed tahajjud how can you guys make him sinless? i have seen some people claim that iqbal was something else then a ordinary person they makes him MAsomeen almost thats why im against that type  of people

1 minute ago, Najamsethi484 said:

sorry guys didnt mean to hurt you its just my view maybe im wrong maybe im right and yes i said that in knowledge allama iqbal is good so where did that come from that what have i done for ummah please read what i written in knowledge there is no doubt that iqbal was good but lifestyle of his was not according Quran and Sunnah he never did Hajj never prayed tahajjud how can you guys make him sinless? i have seen some people claim that iqbal was something else then a ordinary person they makes him MAsomeen almost thats why im against that type  of people

I do not think that anyone would have seen him offering prayer except his family. He prayed five times and read Manajat which he wrote about Syeda Zahra a.s in every prayer. Also, what was his life style please tell me so that I may know that you are right to allege him to be not a good Muslim ?

Actually, if you had done more services than him only after that you could have questioned him but if you are not sure then you cannot talk about him because Islam says that Allah dislikes those who do not do good but rather ask others to do goodness. 

Just now, Sindbad05 said:

I do not think that anyone would have seen him offering prayer except his family. He prayed five times and read Manajat which he wrote about Syeda Zahra a.s in every prayer. Also, what was his life style please tell me so that I may know that you are right to allege him to be not a good Muslim ?

Actually, if you had done more services than him only after that you could have questioned him but if you are not sure then you cannot talk about him because Islam says that Allah dislikes those who do not do good but rather ask others to do goodness. 

his wife didnt wear hijab his sister dont wear hijab how can he be so religious you guys make him his lifestyle was like western people

i have nothing against Iqbal but please stop making a ordinary person Masomeen naozobillah

No one is making him Masoom bro, and these are your words, I am asking you if you are more pious than Iqbal only then you can count his mistakes but if your sins are more than him then you cannot bro unless you be superior to him in goodness. 

1 minute ago, Sindbad05 said:

No one is making him Masoom bro, and these are your words, I am asking you if you are more pious than Iqbal only then you can count his mistakes but if your sins are more than him then you cannot bro unless you be superior to him in goodness. 

i dont know if i have done more sins then him how can i know Allah Swt knows best

Just now, Najamsethi484 said:

his wife didnt wear hijab his sister dont wear hijab how can he be so religious you guys make him his lifestyle was like western people

Although Hijab is counted among sins but it has not corporeal punishment in Islam and why do you think that his sister not wearing hijab is due to him ? 

2 minutes ago, Najamsethi484 said:

one friend of mine told me a story that he used to drink wine and it turn to be milk because he was wali Allah 

:hahaha: Really, your friend does not look sane. I am sorry. I never have heard that he ever touched alcohol. 

Just now, Sindbad05 said:

Although Hijab is counted among sins but it has not corporeal punishment in Islam and why do you think that his sister not wearing hijab is due to him ? 

im only saying that he was not so religious how it looks like nowadays its true people are over glorifying him 

Just now, Najamsethi484 said:

im not Iqbal hater bro but i dont like people who over glorify one person

I am not over glorifying him, I am saying that he was not corrupt, wanted reforms and spoke about his visions as to how should a Muslim state be. 

1 minute ago, Sindbad05 said:

:hahaha: Really, your friend does not look sane. I am sorry. I never have heard that he ever touched alcohol. 

yes i said to him you are not sane but he was saying no its true its true its true he was stubborn

im only saying that he was not so religious how it looks like nowadays its true people are over glorifying him 

True, may be he was not as religious and he was a sinner as well, but his talent should be encouraged.