Rate this topic

@Ron_Burgundy @Islandsandmirrors @Sindbad05 @Gaius I. Caesar You know, i think from our last experience, trying to come up with a conclusion on this topic is like a dog chasing its tail. There are just so many elements from nature vs nurture,modernity, feelings vs actions, mental health, culture,  It will never end. 

As humans, the best thing we should do is love one another, just as Amir ul mumineen taught us too. A master loves his servants. The creator loves all his creations, but hates its sins. And the best way to reverse sins is through love

Just now, Sindbad05 said:

Well, I would advice you not to say it is ok for a male to be girlish and female to be like male. These are signs of day of Judgement. So fear Allah and stops yourself from this. 

Well we all know a day of judgement is not far, but i won't let you say that if a guy acts like a woman we should stone them to death. That is not islam. 

1 minute ago, Afsaneh14 said:

@Ron_Burgundy @Islandsandmirrors @Sindbad05 @Gaius I. Caesar You know, i think from our last experience, trying to come up with a conclusion on this topic is like a dog chasing its tail. There are just so many elements from nature vs nurture,modernity, feelings vs actions, mental health, culture,  It will never end. 

As humans, the best thing we should do is love one another, just as Amir ul mumineen taught us too. A master loves his servants. The creator loves all his creations, but hates its sins. And the best way to reverse sins is through love

Thank you. And we should stop spreading false islam. 

1 minute ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

Well we all know a day of judgement is not far, but i won't let you say that if a guy acts like a woman we should stone them to death. That is not islam. 

I did not say to stone a person who acts like girls to death. but I say you to tell him, he is not doing right. and it is not ok,. 

Hi 

I am extremely sorry to hear that :( unfortunately it is a scary world with people actually putting these ideas in kid's minds when they are at school. 

I have accidentally been to Ian Mckellen's talk at Oxford, and I was horrified how he was proud that schools are promoting kid's. I remember in school, my teacher used to tell her 5 year old son that since u r playing with dolls u r a girl and she kept saying it until he became one. 

This is a messed up issue. Sometimes I think it is coz of the food we are eating. There is a study about the male fish in the sea changing to female because of the estrogen levels increasing in the sea due to birth controls..etc

I strongly believe that its a psychological and hormonal problem. First try to see if it is an actual hormonal problem... if its not I would recommend you to take him to a psychologist in the middle east (Muslim Psychologist) that will help him, but as a start u need to get approval that he thinks its a sin and that it is not an approved thing. If he doesnt the psychologist needs to work on that first 

I am sorry I wrote a lot but I am getting hurt of how much this world has become a disgusting place to live in 

2 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

This entire thread reminds me of children running around the playground shouting “Gay” as insults.

Wow, you really nailed it.

Funny how they are calling gays shameless while the real shame is in this whole pointless thread.

Hi because this people obeying their instructions more if you have a real family you may show some humanity to your enemy but these people don't have any humanity against their enemies.

They started it by advertising the relationship between elder women with young men & today you see this filthy relationship everywhere  in all series or movies & other media they show Jews as masterminds & at least one of their crow is gay or hemosexuals or both of them.

As a physician I will say there is no gay gene and gay genetic profile.

There can be psychological and biological attractants which influence behavior.

Remember most sexualized behaviours are learned thru environmental influences.

Occasionally these influences can be intentionally or unintentionally deflected.  Both Men and women have had a Mancrush or woman crush as young children. 

It depends on hundreds of influences and likely some biological factors we are nor yet Aware of,  that cause certain people to feel they are Gay or more accurately attracted to same sex.

Again this is usually spectrum and some people have more or less of this same sex attraction.

Now the sin of Sodomy is an separate issue. We can use the Quran, when qaum e Lut come to forcefully sleep with male looking angels , Lut offers his daughters instead (in halal way...likely muta), this example shows that sexual pleasure can be provided by  or with either sex,  but one way is haram and other is halal.

So to those people that feel they are Gay or Lesbian or if you have loved ones that are gay, I would say this is a learned behaviour and can be unlearned or modified.  

Maybe you will not be attracted to dainty more feminine women and can be attracted to more physically imposing larger (and with out being pejorative) more masculine women and vice versa for the females.

The choice to give in to Haraam temptations is being encouraged by Ziomedia and their influences. 

I leave you with quote from Chuck D., 
"Brothers and Sisters. ......DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE"

4 hours ago, Hasani Samnani said:

So to those people that feel they are Gay or Lesbian or if you have loved ones that are gay, I would say this is a learned behaviour and can be unlearned or modified.

I agree to this to a great extent when it comes to identity. One thing I find specially hard when fighting your own homosexuality is precisely getting free of the acquired identity (which is something relatively new in society). Controlling sexual desires is nothing compared to fighting your self identity as a homosexual. It starts with doubts and confusion, but when you reach a point where you come out to your family (as it is the case of OP's brother), you have already developed that identity. You are admitting, accepting and expecting a lot of elements in your life that have little to do with the original situation: sexual/romantic attraction towards the same sex. This attraction by itself is potencial, not actual. By acknowledging this fact, you realize that the gay identity is something you have consciously accepted as a gay person and imposed to yourself. It is this identity which supposes a problem within one's religion, as far as I have been able to appreciate. It is living by this identity which leaves the door open to haram and really brings nothing good to you. The "gay" word is valuable for most people experiencing SSA, but that's merely because it brings relief and a sense of belonging to a group, after feeling different from the rest of males for quite some years. It is hard to get rid of a self image you have lived with for years, but reasonable introspection and love for Allah, Islam, Ahlul Bayt, and the family who educated you should pave the ground to develop the courage and determination required in this path. And one must remember no one is alone in the path of Islam, we all have our differences and problems. And may Allah help us all in our respective hardships in life.

Edited by Bakir

@Ron_Burgundy I consider those people who are walking like girls or those girls who appear as boys to be the reason of their parents negligence and effect of surroundings. In an Islamic society, this is a crime to change the nature of things which are already normal. This is work of Satan which is mentioned in Quran that he said to Allah AWJ: "I would make people slit the ears of animals". I feel sympathy for those people who behave like it but I do not confirm it as normal or bearable in a society. 

There is nothing reasonable in your statements. 

2 hours ago, Sindbad05 said:

I consider those people who are walking like girls or those girls who appear as boys to be the reason of their parents negligence and effect of surroundings. In an Islamic society, this is a crime to change the nature of things which are already normal.

The more time you dedicate to study and appreciate nature, the more complex you will realize it is.

Gender dysphoria, hormonal balance, genetic abnormalities, family circumstances, education and personality are just a few possible reasons for masculinity or effeminacy in women and men, respectively. I try to think of these particular reasons before believing it's a matter of parent's negligence.

15 hours ago, Sindbad05 said:

I did not say to stone a person who acts like girls to death. but I say you to tell him, he is not doing right. and it is not ok,. 

Well done brother, and that is nahi an al munkar. A wajib so often neglected.

10 hours ago, Bakir said:

I agree to this to a great extent when it comes to identity. One thing I find specially hard when fighting your own homosexuality is precisely getting free of the acquired identity (which is something relatively new in society). Controlling sexual desires is nothing compared to fighting your self identity as a homosexual. It starts with doubts and confusion, but when you reach a point where you come out to your family (as it is the case of OP's brother), you have already developed that identity. You are admitting, accepting and expecting a lot of elements in your life that have little to do with the original situation: sexual/romantic attraction towards the same sex. This attraction by itself is potencial, not actual. By acknowledging this fact, you realize that the gay identity is something you have consciously accepted as a gay person and imposed to yourself. It is this identity which supposes a problem within one's religion, as far as I have been able to appreciate. It is living by this identity which leaves the door open to haram and really brings nothing good to you. The "gay" word is valuable for most people experiencing SSA, but that's merely because it brings relief and a sense of belonging to a group, after feeling different from the rest of males for quite some years. It is hard to get rid of a self image you have lived with for years, but reasonable introspection and love for Allah, Islam, Ahlul Bayt, and the family who educated you should pave the ground to develop the courage and determination required in this path. And one must remember no one is alone in the path of Islam, we all have our differences and problems. And may Allah help us all in our respective hardships in life.

I think Bakir has made some excellent points very eloquently. 

He ends with the Amazing conclusion , me paraphrasing here, that if we take one step towards Allah, he will take 10 steps to us and if we walk towards him he will run to us( hadees ay QUDSI).

I also encourage our brothers and sisters to not express hate and disdain for those struggling with Same sex attraction, don't use pejorative words but follow the teaching, hate the sin but love the dinner.

We should always show love and kindness to those struggling with anything but remember identity issues among the most psychologically difficult to deal with.

On 11/11/2017 at 12:44 AM, Sindbad05 said:

@Ron_Burgundy I consider those people who are walking like girls or those girls who appear as boys to be the reason of their parents negligence and effect of surroundings. In an Islamic society, this is a crime to change the nature of things which are already normal. This is work of Satan which is mentioned in Quran that he said to Allah AWJ: "I would make people slit the ears of animals". I feel sympathy for those people who behave like it but I do not confirm it as normal or bearable in a society. 

There is nothing reasonable in your statements. 

first of all i am not talking about who fault is it or who is responsible for it.. All i am saying islam doesn't allow you to kill them or stone to death or give them any sentence for the things they have never done.