Rate this topic

Salam All,

I would like to share my story about my brother who recently announce that he is Gay. Is there any chance for my teenager brother to leave homosexual attribute. what am I required to do?

Appreciate your comments.

Ya Ali

2 hours ago, memo110 said:

Salam All,

I would like to share my story about my brother who recently announce that he is Gay. Is there any chance for my teenager brother to leave homosexual attribute. what am I required to do?

Ya Ali

Make dua.

Get him to doctors. psychiatrists, psychologists, and any other type which will help.

Keep him close, don't make him feel like he doesn't belong. 

As long as he doesn't act upon his desires he hasn't committed any sins. Being gay isn't haram, fornication is. 

Support him, this is a struggle, help him understand that. 

Edited by Langar

38 minutes ago, Langar said:

As long as he doesn't act upon his desires he hasn't committed any sins. Being gay isn't haram, fornication is. 

What is it like being gay and acting gay ? Having wrong thoughts like a gay is not haram :confused:

I think wrong thoughts are also sin that is why we have prayers like Surah Nas and Surah Falaq. 

12 hours ago, memo110 said:

Salam All,

Ya Ali

I would advice you to ask him what are the reasons that he thinks that being gay is ok ?

Tell him that being gay is not ok and is an spiritual pollution and like Global Warming is a great harm for the extinction of humanity so is being gay and beign Lesbian. Tell him that it's a sin against nature so do not follow it, otherwise, you are a criminal as well. 

42 minutes ago, Langar said:

Langar you just evaporated your impression which I formed for you yesterday, Lolz, I thought you are against Crime but look at this how come you ask someone that it is Ok to think how to kill lolz, he is killing his spirit and you are saying it's ok. Seems like saying a person, it is not crime to think how to kill your child, but killing is a crime lolz....:hahaha:

Coming out to family is brave, actually. Means he trust you enough to share something as personal as his orientation.

Now, a second phase starts, where words shall be carefully chosen to avoid loss of trust. What can family do? Start by listening to him, because being gay and muslim is hard to reconcile. Look at it as if you had two limbs that are fighting each other. You can't cut one limb to solve the problem, because that's not a solution. However, by creating a tolerant and supportive environment, you are giving your brother time and calmness, which are necessary to think and carefully consider the impacts of acting against his religion.

Personally, I don't think you can lose that homosexual attribute you mention. But again, for me that is just an inner orientation that doesn't have to translate into effeminacy, sexual addiction, nor any type of fetish or deviance as clichés tend to show. He can live a happy life and eventually marry. But it is him who has to choose to live by Islamic principles and face a life of chastity and/or lack of sexual pleasure. That won't do well through imposing it on him. Doctors, psychiatrists, forced marriages... These are all ways to avoid looking at the real issue, out of fear or ignorance.

Edited by Bakir

45 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

I think wrong thoughts are also sin that is why we have prayers like Surah Nas and Surah Falaq.

Allah doesn't count wrong thinking. You won't get punished for thinking bad. There is no sin recorded for having a bad thought. 

37 minutes ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

Allah doesn't count wrong thinking. You won't get punished for thinking bad. There is no sin recorded for having a bad thought. 

Prophet PBUHHP said that near the time of Imam e Zamana a.s the blow of words will be more severe than Sword and words and kill many people than a sword so beware of that. @Langar saying that being gay is ok is blow to the souls to many and is helping cause of evil. I do not think that it is ok. 

Edited by Sindbad05

2 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

Prophet PBUHHP said that near the time of Imam e Zamana a.s the blow of words will be more severe than words and kill many people than a sword so beware of that. @Langar saying that being gay is ok is blow to the souls to many and is helping cause of evil. I do not think that it is ok. 

so what do you think how would you treat a gay person? God forbid, what if your brother comes to you and says that he is gay what would you do?

1 minute ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

so what do you think how would you treat a gay person? God forbid, what if your brother comes to you and says that he is gay what would you do?

I will say to him that it is a mental disease and there is no truth in that. And will talk to him daily and encourage him to treat rather than saying it is ok to be a gay. Tell him that there are people who are playing with minds that it is ok but nature does not confirms that sin and it is as harmful as an act of terrorism. 

21 hours ago, Najamsethi484 said:

i want to lash gays with stones

[EDIT]

21 hours ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

What are you ISIS?

He is not ISIS, Even if he would have tested me with such comment, I would agree to that because it is like drugs and many countries has punishment of death on drugs and no one complains about it and if there be a crime which becomes a cancer, that cancer has to be cut from the body and burnt. Gays and Lesbians and adultery are such crimes that are to be controlled. 

Edited by Hameedeh
Inappropriate language removed.

1 minute ago, Sindbad05 said:

I will say to him that it is a mental disease and there is no truth in that. And will talk to him daily and encourage him to treat rather than saying it is ok to be a gay. Tell him that there are people who are playing with minds that it is ok but nature does not confirms that sin and it is as harmful as an act of terrorism. 

First of all we all know being gay is not a sin. Second think stop comparing this to terrorism, its like comparing apples with oranges. And everyone is saying to OP that talk to him and keep him close, and don't distant. I say talk to him about this and show him the the other options. But in these end there is not a lot you could do to help him. I would say put him in manly sports and be there for him.

21 hours ago, Sindbad05 said:

[EDIT]

He is not ISIS, Even if he would have tested me with such comment, I would agree to that because it is like drugs and many countries has punishment of death and if there be a crime which becomes a cancer, that cancer has to be cut from the body and burnt. 

You need to stop like wahabies Islam doesn't say go and kill gays. 

Edited by Hameedeh
Inappropriate language removed from the quote.

Just now, Ron_Burgundy said:

You need to stop like wahabies Islam doesn't say go and kill gays. 

I say for those who are proud of being gays and do not consider it a sin because they are reason for harming children and no any sane person could allow to foul his or her society with drugs and such nonsense. 

Am I acting like Wahabbi or you are saying that no it's ok to be a gay ? Why is it ok to be a gay...It is a disease and it is not Ok to be a gay. 

Your such saying is like saying that it is ok to be member of ISIS but do not be in battle fields. Wrong is wrong bro. 

Can you prove that being gay is a sin? If a person was born like that its not a sin. As long as he doesn't commit sodomy its not a sin. 

Quran (7:80-84) - "...For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds.... And we rained down on them a shower (of brimstone)" - An account that is borrowed from the Biblical story of Sodom. Muslim scholars through the centuries have interpreted the "rain of stones" on the town as meaning that homosexuals should be stoned, since no other reason is given for the people's destruction. (Inexplicably, the story is also repeated in three other suras: 15:74, 27:58 and 29:40).

I say for those who are proud of being gays and do not consider it a sin because they are reason for harming children and no any sane person could allow to foul his or her society with drugs and such nonsense. 

Am I acting like Wahabbi or you are saying that no it's ok to be a gay ? Why is it ok to be a gay...It is a disease and it is not Ok to be a gay. 

read my comment above. I said as long as you dont act on it you are fine. You know how hard it would be for him to fight with his nafs? He might be a better person than you and I. 

Just now, Ron_Burgundy said:

Can you prove that being gay is a sin? If a person was born like that its not a sin. As long as he doesn't commit sodomy its not a sin. 

Born like what as a transgender being a female and male at the same time ? Even though it is not his or her fault, but it is abnormality. And it is responsibility of an state to offer him or her a treatment. 

2 minutes ago, Najamsethi484 said:

Quran (7:80-84) - "...For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds.... And we rained down on them a shower (of brimstone)" - An account that is borrowed from the Biblical story of Sodom. Muslim scholars through the centuries have interpreted the "rain of stones" on the town as meaning that homosexuals should be stoned, since no other reason is given for the people's destruction. (Inexplicably, the story is also repeated in three other suras: 15:74, 27:58 and 29:40).

its about sodomy. What if a person is gay but have never acted upon it?