Rate this topic

World Adoption Day is a day to celebrate family.   World Adoption Day is a day to raise awareness for adoption.   World Adoption Day is a day to raise funds to support families in their adoption.   Ambassadors from all over the world are organizing events and parties, bringing together people from all walks of life to celebrate World Adoption Day.

momkojaei.jpg

14 minutes ago, Langar said:

Adoption needs to be encouraged more in Muslim communities because so many cultures still frown upon it, it's ridiculous.

I know i think every couple should adopt one kid. 

26 minutes ago, Langar said:

Adoption needs to be encouraged more in Muslim communities because so many cultures still frown upon it, it's ridiculous.

Some of them are those who dont believe that children dont have any share in their genetical parents's sins.

6 minutes ago, Langar said:

Discriminatory.

its natural. both parents are better than one. And statistically speaking kids of single parents are more likely to become a single parent. 

36 minutes ago, kirtc said:

adoption is haram... 

you may takful an orphan but you cant adopt him/her

Haram? Are you sure about that?

3 hours ago, kirtc said:

@kirtc brother! Islam already has enough enemies who try to portray it negatively, please make complete comments to avoid misunderstanding. 

Also, saying this is haram this is halal is no joke. Many may have a wrong first impression with long lasting effects. 

There's a misunderstanding about iddi'a al nasab (lineage claiming) and takafful (adoption), claiming to be a real parent (biological parent) of a child, by any man out of the family the child was born to, is Haram

(This was a practice in jahiliyya,  where x would come and say 'I slept with y's wife on such date and the child is mine,' or there were prostitutes who had children with unknown fathers, later mr. x would claim parenthood of the child, and similar filthy stuff)

but supporting an orphan financially, socially, emotionally, giving him/her shelter, love etc. like a parent, (what is understood of adoption today and have been practiced by the prophet (s) and our Imams), is highly encouraged in Islam.

There are entire chapters in our Hadith books on this. One famous hadith is this:

The Prophet (s) said: "I and the adopter of an orphan are like these two in paradise." and he showed his index and middle fingers together.

انا و کافل الیتیم فی الجنة كهاتين و اشار باصبعيه السبابةو الوسطي 

There are different projects (which have been relatively very successful) for adoption of orphans in the charity organization of Imam Khomeini:

http://www.emdad.ir/ekram/#

“When an orphan cries the Heaven shudders, then Almighty Allah says, ‘O Angels, Is this the same orphan whose father has been buried in the earth?’ The Angels reply, ‘(O Allah) you are the all-knowing.’

Then Allah would say, ‘O My Angel be a witness. Whoever consoles this orphan and makes him happy, I will make him happy on the day of QiyÄma.’”

9 hours ago, mesbah said:

There's a misunderstanding about iddi'a al nasab (lineage claiming) and takafful (adoption), claiming to be a real parent (biological parent) of a child, by any man out of the family the child was born to, is Haram

So if I adopt a kid and on some of the papers where it will say fathers name I would have to write my name. So is that haram? even tho a kid will know that i am not his biological parent.

3 hours ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

So if I adopt a kid and on some of the papers where it will say fathers name I would have to write my name. So is that haram? even tho a kid will know that i am not his biological parent.

I think it's problematic, unless by "father's name" You meant "guardian's name."

But you can give him/her your family name without any problem.