Rate this topic

I believe in The Rapture.  God will come for his people.  And I'm not just referring to Christians.  When I talk about Rapture, I'm speaking about a dimensional shift where all of God's people will suddenly vanish from the Earth and be in Heaven.  It's a beautiful moment for God's people because those who are alive at the time of Rapture, don't die at all.  We are raptured.  I'm wondering if Muslims believe in a Rapture.  I put Muslim on my profile.  I was born Jewish and although I'm not a Christian, I do believe Jesus is God and the Messiah.  I have a Quaran and study it from time to time.  And I do believe we're living in The Final Days here on Earth.  I want to know what Muslims believe about The Final Days.

Hi Kara, welcome to the forum.

I have a feeling most of them are like myself, which means they've studied it until they are relatively confused.

Rapture is actually nowhere to be found in the Bible, thus "The Rapture" is a chain of events, that of which nobody is completely sure. Mainstream teaches the idea that the coming of Jesus will take place in two separate stages. The first will be a secret rapture—or carrying away of the saved to heaven—at the beginning of a seven-year period of tribulation, then Jesus comes back again, takes what is His, leaves the rest.

The source for the belief of the initial, "secret" rapture can be found in John 14, a continuance of 13, where Jesus says; 

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Trouble is, everybody wants it to mean every believer from that day on, but actually Jesus was specifically speaking to His disciples. Then again none of them disappeared, they all died. 

The idea that we will be caught up as Jesus was at His ascension is also problematic if you recall He was already in a heavenly body. Jesus also said we will be given a new body and a new name, which means our earthly bodies are worthless in heaven.

This creates a different scene than the glorious, disappearing from earth and enjoying a skyward float idea. Even if a human body could defy gravity, it cannot possibly leave earth and make it to heaven without dying on the way, only the spirit which came from God, which carries the soul, can return unscathed. If Jesus were to call all souls at once there would be dead bodies all over the planet and nobody would know why. 

The second phase sounds more like the judgement day that Muslims understand. As with Christianity, stories vary on how that plays out.

11 hours ago, Kara Kohan said:

I believe in The Rapture.  God will come for his people.  And I'm not just referring to Christians.  When I talk about Rapture, I'm speaking about a dimensional shift where all of God's people will suddenly vanish from the Earth and be in Heaven.  It's a beautiful moment for God's people because those who are alive at the time of Rapture, don't die at all.  We are raptured.  I'm wondering if Muslims believe in a Rapture.  I put Muslim on my profile.  I was born Jewish and although I'm not a Christian, I do believe Jesus is God and the Messiah.  I have a Quaran and study it from time to time.  And I do believe we're living in The Final Days here on Earth.  I want to know what Muslims believe about The Final Days.

There is a similar situation in Islamic teachings but with a difference. It is narrated that before Judgement day, there will be a huge smoke all around the world. For the good doer, it will either be like fragrance or will hurt him slightly like routine flu that is caused by change of climate and will cause their immediate death without pain. But for sinners, it will be unbearable and they won't die and suffer severely. 

17 hours ago, Sindbad05 said:

There is a similar situation in Islamic teachings but with a difference. It is narrated that before Judgement day, there will be a huge smoke all around the world. For the good doer, it will either be like fragrance or will hurt him slightly like routine flu that is caused by change of climate and will cause their immediate death without pain. But for sinners, it will be unbearable and they won't die and suffer severely. 

If only we could unravel the mystery of timing. There is a time mentioned in the Revelation that says; Men shall seek death and shall not find it. 

8 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

If only we could unravel the mystery of timing. There is a time mentioned in the Revelation that says; Men shall seek death and shall not find it. 

In Islam, there is no prescribed time, it is said that Judgement day will happen suddenly while people be engaged in their routine work, may be they will take all signs to be just as environmental pollution or by coincidence. And, it will fall upon them in no time.