sefket83

Can a former false messenger be forgiven?

Rate this topic

I know a man that used to write things on the internet and said it was God who told him these things. Can God forgive such a person if they want to become a Muslim? I told him that maybe God can not but since I do not know so much on this subject I ask you here. He says he was probably aware that he might be punished for it eternally because he at that time taught that maybe Islam was true but was a disbeliever. I tell him ofcourse to be a Christian because atleast he did not sin against my God so it will be forgiven.

Tnx!

Masalam

If he was a non-Muslim, and he converts to Islam, and sincerely practices the religion, then God will forgive all of his past sins inshaAllah.

If he was a Muslim false-messenger/false-prophet/innovator, then God will only forgive him if he guides everyone that he tricked.

57 minutes ago, Qa'im said:

everyone that he tricked.

@sefket83 was he a popular guy on the internet, with lots of followers? If he was, maybe he could do some kind of statement on his website or on youtube disowning all his past statements and embracing Islam. Because that takes a lot of guts, and for sure Allah would accept his sincerity that way Inshallah.

11 hours ago, Qa'im said:

If he was a non-Muslim, and he converts to Islam, and sincerely practices the religion, then God will forgive all of his past sins inshaAllah.

If he was a Muslim false-messenger/false-prophet/innovator, then God will only forgive him if he guides everyone that he tricked.

He was not Muslim but he was aware that maybe Islam is true but for some reason he was not a believer. He said that he himself did not want to do these things but that some evil forced him but ofcourse he is also resonsible. 

10 hours ago, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

@sefket83 was he a popular guy on the internet, with lots of followers? If he was, maybe he could do some kind of statement on his website or on youtube disowning all his past statements and embracing Islam. Because that takes a lot of guts, and for sure Allah would accept his sincerity that way Inshallah.

He had no followers and most people just taught he was deluded or sick but maybe someone believed him.

On 11/8/2017 at 1:56 PM, sefket83 said:

I know a man that used to write things on the internet and said it was God who told him these things. Can God forgive such a person if they want to become a Muslim? I told him that maybe God can not but since I do not know so much on this subject I ask you here. He says he was probably aware that he might be punished for it eternally because he at that time taught that maybe Islam was true but was a disbeliever. I tell him ofcourse to be a Christian because atleast he did not sin against my God so it will be forgiven.

Tnx!

Masalam

Sounds like a disorder of a sort. He may need psychological evaluation.