Rate this topic

1 hour ago, sefket83 said:

God is not omnipotent. That is the solution. The creation in total is more good then evil.

Or the evil is not from God, it is something else, Evil comes from something limited, deficient and fallible. A non-omnipotent source.

Generally, it is agreed upon by Judaism, Christianity and Islam that He tests us with hardships so we may turn to Him (Note the may, it is a choice), but not everyone does.

However, as an example: Natural disasters aren't in themselves good or bad, it is only deemed good or bad when it affects us because of the choices we make during the disasters. Evil or the absence of what is good, wholesome and logical comes from us, it becomes more than a little absurd to blame God for our personal shortcomings and choices we made during the event.

5 hours ago, Quisant said:

I find this line of reasoning somewhat feeble:

That evil is the absence of good is nothing more than a play on words wrapped in an appealing analogy. The principal error is that defining cold as an absence of heat only means that cold does not exist as a physical quantity - the sensation of cold as perceived by humans clearly does exist. Similarly, it is irrelevant whether evil exists as a positive or only as a lack of good — the perception of evil does exist.
If someone murders a man's wife, you would tell him that his wife did not experience evil, she just experienced a temporary lack of God while the killer was stabbing her with a knife. However, the man still experiences suffering and his wife is dead, regardless of how you  describe this event. 

If Person A, murders Person B.

Where did evil come from?

If Person A is a Robot. He/she can’t Kill. No Evil

If Person A has free will- and is guided not to Kill. But exercise his/her free will to make the wrong/condemned choice. Its evil.

What is the real issue here, Evil or free will ?

2 hours ago, S.M.H.A. said:

Where did evil come from?

"Nothing shall ever happen to us except what God has ordained for us." (Qu'ran 9:51)

Not a leaf falls but that He knows it. And no grain is there within the darkness of the earth and no moist or dry [thing] but that is [written] in a clear record.” (Quran 6:59)

2 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Or the evil is not from God, it is something else, Evil comes from something limited, deficient and fallible. A non-omnipotent source.

Generally, it is agreed upon by Judaism, Christianity and Islam that He tests us with hardships so we may turn to Him (Note the may, it is a choice), but not everyone does.

However, as an example: Natural disasters aren't in themselves good or bad, it is only deemed good or bad when it affects us because of the choices we make during the disasters. Evil or the absence of what is good, wholesome and logical comes from us, it becomes more than a little absurd to blame God for our personal shortcomings and choices we made during the event.

It is an good act to hinder someone to hurt themselfs. God being good then wants to hinder destructive behaviour.

Edited by sefket83

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎07 at 10:34 PM, sefket83 said:

God is most high and everything he does (including his creation) are most high. Not everything that exists is caused by God since it is not most high.

Do Muslims believe that all is caused by God? How do you explain then that something perfect causes something imperfect?

I do not agree anymore with this statement. God can be perfect and still create something less then perfect.

On 2017-11-07 at 10:34 PM, sefket83 said:

God is most high and everything he does (including his creation) are most high. Not everything that exists is caused by God since it is not most high.

Do Muslims believe that all is caused by God? How do you explain then that something perfect causes something imperfect?

Did God expect that his creation would not be all perfect? I guess so. But did God on purpose create humans that he knew would be tortured eternally in Hell? Or has God given us all a free will to choose to do good or bad? If so, God does not yet know our personal destinies. An old philosophical problem. Personally I do not like the idea that we all participate in a predestined play. I prefer a God that has given us all a fair chanse.

As I understand it, Jesus was once called "Good Master". His response was, why do you call me good? Only God is good.

Kinda means we use the word a little too often. Mainstream teaches evil is the absence of God.

Evil is also spiritual, alive and well and living on planet earth. Satan and all followers were cast to the earth, and they are obviously here and turning people away from God in organized fashions. There is a noticeable persecution of religions that is changing laws to allow everything, and stifle any signs of God.

A couple who "do not support" homosexuality because of their religion have been refused adoption of a child. The comments that followed the news was condemnation for the couple because they would obviously teach the child...I forgot the word they used.

Rule of thumb...All children are to be taught that sexuality is a choice. Canadian Passports now have the option of "other" when it comes to gender. New parents are no longer stating gender on birth certificates. 

8 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

A couple who "do not support" homosexuality because of their religion have been refused adoption of a child. The comments that followed the news was condemnation for the couple because they would obviously teach the child...I forgot the word they used.

Rule of thumb...All children are to be taught that sexuality is a choice. Canadian Passports now have the option of "other" when it comes to gender. New parents are no longer stating gender on birth certificates. 

Sexuality is not a choise. We are born male or female. Over here fanatics have a mission for new rules so that boys also can have girls names and viceversa. They are very few, and can be overlooked. But of course, it does happen that nature produces humans that are not one of our two genders. "Other" seems like a practical definition. No problem. 

Unless there are strong reasons to suspect the parents will not accept if their adopted child would turn out to be a homosexual, refusing a couple to adopt is pure discrimination. Normal parents will treat their children with love no matter their sexuality. The parents being against gay marriage, is not a reason to refuse adoption. Grown up children are not obliged to obey their parents

On 11/8/2017 at 11:48 AM, Quisant said:

"Nothing shall ever happen to us except what God has ordained for us." (Qu'ran 9:51)

Not a leaf falls but that He knows it. And no grain is there within the darkness of the earth and no moist or dry [thing] but that is [written] in a clear record.” (Quran 6:59)

بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ {1}

[Pickthal 1:1] In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ {2}

[Pickthal 1:2] Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds,

الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ {3}

[Pickthal 1:3] The Beneficent, the Merciful.

مَالِكِ يَوْمِ الدِّينِ {4}

[Pickthal 1:4] Master of the Day of Judgment,

إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وَإِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِينُ {5}

[Pickthal 1:5] Thee (alone) we worship; Thee (alone) we ask for help.

اهْدِنَا الصِّرَاطَ الْمُسْتَقِيمَ {6}

[Pickthal 1:6] Show us the straight path,

صِرَاطَ الَّذِينَ أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيْهِمْ غَيْرِ الْمَغْضُوبِ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَا الضَّالِّينَ {7}

[Pickthal 1:7] The path of those whom Thou hast favoured; Not the (path) of those who earn Thine anger nor of those who go astray.

Qur'an 3:7.