Farwa Jawad

Is Hazrat Isa son of Hazrat Ibrahim

Rate this topic

Salam,

A schoalr in a majlis gave a refrence of quran which said that Hazrat Isa are the son of Hazrat Ibarahim.I forgot the refrence. Does any body knows here? Please send me the ayat in which it is told Hazrat Isa are son of Hazrat Ibarahim.Thank you

19 minutes ago, Farwa Jawad said:

Salam,

A schoalr in a majlis gave a refrence of quran which said that Hazrat Isa are the son of Hazrat Ibarahim.I forgot the refrence. Does any body knows here? Please send me the ayat in which it is told Hazrat Isa are son of Hazrat Ibarahim.Thank you

i am pretty sure that hazrat isa was born a miracle birth, without any involvement of a father figure, according to the quranic narrative, as well as the christian belief. i dont know what you mean by son. if it implies a son later down the generations, then that is true, as every prophet after ibrahim a.s. is from his progeny. but isa a.s. had no biological father.

Edited by just a muslim

24 minutes ago, Farwa Jawad said:

Salam,

Isa (as) had no father, since he was born of a miracle.

Furthermore, hundreds if not thousands of years seperate him and Ibrahim (as).

However, if what was meant that Isa (as) is of his progeny, then that is probably true.

Edited by E.L King

37 minutes ago, just a muslim said:

i am pretty sure that hazrat isa was born a miracle birth, without any involvement of a father figure, according to the quranic narrative, as well as the christian belief. i dont know what you mean by son. if it implies a son later down the generations, then that is true, as every prophet after ibrahim a.s. is from his progeny. but isa a.s. had no biological father.

31 minutes ago, E.L King said:

Isa (as) had no father, since he was born of a miracle.

Furthermore, hundreds if not thousands of years seperate him and Ibrahim (as).

However, if what was meant that Isa (as) is of his progeny, then that is probably true.

You can see that both of you agree that Hazrat Isa continue the progeny of Hazrat Ibrahim even though Hazrat Isa do not have a father. So we can also say that Hazrat Imam Hassan and Imam Hussain are also then can called Holy Prophet sons through Hazrat Fatima(not prophet). So this is a refrence we can use or tell those who say that Hazrat Imam Hassan and Hussain are not Hazrat Muhammad's progeny..what do you say??

4 minutes ago, Farwa Jawad said:

You can see that both of you agree that Hazrat Isa continue the progeny of Hazrat Ibrahim even though Hazrat Isa do not have a father. So we can also say that Hazrat Imam Hassan and Imam Hussain are also then can called Holy Prophet sons through Hazrat Fatima(not prophet). So this is a refrence we can use or tell those who say that Hazrat Imam Hassan and Hussain are not Hazrat Muhammad's progeny..what do you say??

anyone who says that hassan and husain a.s. are not the progeny of the prophet pbuh is not right in their head. 

20 minutes ago, Farwa Jawad said:

Sister, the following verses provide such evidence:

Shakir:  And this was Our argument which we gave to Ibrahim against his people; We exalt in dignity whom We please; surely your Lord is Wise, Knowing. And We gave to him Ishaq and Yaqoub; each did We guide, and Nuh did We guide before, and of his descendants, Dawood and Sulaiman and Ayub and Yusuf and Haroun; and thus do We reward those who do good (to others).  And Zakariya and Yahya and Isa and Ilyas; every one was of the good;(6:83-85)

The verse of Mubahila also provides the clear evidence  of it. too. 

But whoever disputes with you in this matter after what has come to you of knowledge, then say: Come let us call our sons and your sons and our women and your women and our near people and your near people, then let us be earnest in prayer, and pray for the curse of Allah on the liars. (3:61)

As per hadith the, our sons refers to  Imam Hassan and Husain AS, our women refers to Fatima SA and  our near people (anfusna) refers to Imam Ali AS.

wasalam

Just now, skyweb1987 said:

Shakir:  And this was Our argument which we gave to Ibrahim against his people; We exalt in dignity whom We please; surely your Lord is Wise, Knowing. And We gave to him Ishaq and Yaqoub; each did We guide, and Nuh did We guide before, and of his descendants, Dawood and Sulaiman and Ayub and Yusuf and Haroun; and thus do We reward those who do good (to others).  And Zakariya and Yahya and Isa and Ilyas; every one was of the good;(6:83-85)

But whoever disputes with you in this matter after what has come to you of knowledge, then say: Come let us call our sons and your sons and our women and your women and our near people and your near people, then let us be earnest in prayer, and pray for the curse of Allah on the liars. (3:61)

As per hadith the, our sons refers to  Imam Hassan and Husain AS, our women refers to Fatima SA and  our near people (anfusna) refers to Imam Ali AS.

wasalam

Thank you so much. That is what I wanted. Thanks alot may God bless you

36 minutes ago, skyweb1987 said:

wasalam

Near people or Souls???????!!

1 hour ago, Farwa Jawad said:

It is correct

17 minutes ago, Waseem162 said:

Near people or Souls???????!!

I have taken the translation made by "Shakir" just to make the point clear as mentioned in OP.

Yes "Anfusna" is taken as "Our Souls" too. I agree to it.

Edited by skyweb1987

2 minutes ago, skyweb1987 said:

I have taken the translation made by "Shakir" just to make the point clear as mentioned in OP.

Yes "Anfusna" is taken as "Soul" too. i accept it.

Shakir but Shatir(Clever).

6 hours ago, Farwa Jawad said:

Salam,

May be he was trying to say that he was his maternal grand grand grand..... father. 

7 hours ago, Farwa Jawad said:

Salam,

Yes, from Hazrat Ishaq a.s and Prophet PBUHHP from Hazrat Ismael a.s.

7 hours ago, just a muslim said:

Prophet PBUHHP generation was extended through his daughter and Bibi Maryam a.s was from Hazrat Ishaq a.s and thus, Hazrat Ibrahim a.s is from Hazrat Ishaq a.s.