islam25

why do Infallible imams Repent.?

Rate this topic

6 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

I am sorry but Imam didn't repent on that instance and instead moved away so that from Umro ibn Abduwad so that personal anger may not affect ibadah. Jihad was Ibadah for Ali a.s, he didn't fight for his personal gains but for Allah.

That is. Ok. But it was only for that fraction of movement that spitting made him anger. So imam didn't want that anger should be involved killing in umroo. 

Again I have seen it in movie on Imam Ali as that he repent at this movement and then killed umroo. 

49 minutes ago, islam25 said:

That is. Ok. But it was only for that fraction of movement that spitting made him anger. So imam didn't want that anger should be involved killing in umroo. 

Again I have seen it in movie on Imam Ali as that he repent at this movement and then killed umroo. 

Repent for what ? Was not Umro's act unjustified that resulted in the anger of Imam Ali a.s ? So, anger was justified too but Imam Ali a.s did not want to kill him for his own reasons and that is why he stood up...

8 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

Repent for what ? Was not Umro's act unjustified that resulted in the anger of Imam Ali a.s ? So, anger was justified too but Imam Ali a.s did not want to kill him for his own reasons and that is why he stood up...

But Imam clearly mentioned i do not want  my anger should involve in your killing. Rather it should be only for Allah. 

Now how does this anger makes ones actions impure definitely imam Ali as might be knowing best. At our levels it is ok for us and we can't comprehend it. 

But awlias have different standards .

There is principle amongst people of Gnosis that  as long as a person loves himself he won't attain the proximity of Allah. 

2 hours ago, Sindbad05 said:

I am sorry but Imam didn't repent on that instance and instead moved away so that from Umro ibn Abduwad so that personal anger may not affect ibadah. Jihad was Ibadah for Ali a.s, he didn't fight for his personal gains but for Allah.

Exactly. Anger within a man for a good reason shows his Ghaiyrat is still alive. But that anger should only be for the sake of Allah.

And whose Anger was better towards the oppressors than those 14 Arks of Salvation..

48 minutes ago, islam25 said:

But Imam clearly mentioned i do not want  my anger should involve in your killing. Rather it should be only for Allah. 

Now how does this anger makes ones actions impure definitely imam Ali as might be knowing best. At our levels it is ok for us and we can't comprehend it. 

But awlias have different standards .

There is principle amongst people of Gnosis that  as long as a person loves himself he won't attain the proximity of Allah. 

So, mentioning that was also teaching us that personal emotions affects judgement that is what we learn in politics and other issues....Imam Ali a.s did not want anger to motivate him to kill but reason that he is a bad guy who does not deserve to live long. Secondly, in his such act was another motive that was that Imam Ali a.s kill him instantly and do not let him feel the pain which he led his horse to endure when he cut his horse' four legs in front of Imam Ali a.s to show his strength. 

21 minutes ago, Waseem162 said:

Exactly. Anger within a man for a good reason shows his Ghaiyrat is still alive. But that anger should only be for the sake of Allah.

And whose Anger was better towards the oppressors than those 14 Arks of Salvation..

Agree brother, Insha-Allah, looking to improve myself in this regard as well.

24 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

So, mentioning that was also teaching us that personal emotions affects judgement that is what we learn in politics and other issues....Imam Ali a.s did not want anger to motivate him to kill but reason that he is a bad guy who does not deserve to live long. Secondly, in his such act was another motive that was that Imam Ali a.s kill him instantly and do not let him feel the pain which he led his horse to endure when he cut his horse' four legs in front of Imam Ali a.s to show his strength. 

Yes that is what Imam Ali said . He clearly said my anger shouldn't get added  in killing Umroo  but only and pure intention of pleasure of Allah shoud be motive .

1 minute ago, islam25 said:

Yes that is what Imam Ali said . He clearly said my anger shouldn't get added  in killing Umroo  but only and pure intention of pleasure of Allah shoud be motive .

Yes, he said that so what was wrong in the anger ? You have no evidence for questioning the anger of Imam Ali a.s.

11 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

Yes, he said that so what was wrong in the anger ? You have no evidence for questioning the anger of Imam Ali a.s.

For us there is nothing wrong. But for imam Ali as it matters, He  didn't want any thing other than  pleasure of Allah should   be in motive of action. 

Edited by islam25

6 hours ago, islam25 said:

For us there is nothing wrong. But for imam Ali as it matters, He  didn't want any thing other than  pleasure of Allah should   be in motive of action. 

Even if it matters to Imam Ali a.s, he never used it for his advantage and still there is nothing which may be counted in any stage of spiritual domain as something wrong in it. Imam Ali a.s was angered but also understood motive behind it and repelled it with reason and through it, Allah AWJ showed us how can we deal with such situations.