Rate this question

Question

I do not believe in this at all but I am very slightly unsure. Is it true that after karbala  the army took Imam Hussain's (AS) shirt or all his clothes off. I do not mean any disrespect nor do I seem to believe this but some other people said so, God knows which school of thought they are from.They were like that is why we cry he was without a kafan but I thought because he was in the heat of the desert and also his body was in pieces so it didn't seem right. I did ask but then others where just like that even the Prophet(SAWW) laboured without his shirt at times. I think I've heard this before however it isn't quite similar to this situation. Can someone guide me please 

2 answers to this question

51 minutes ago, Mohsin Bokhari said:

I do not believe in this at all but I am very slightly unsure. Is it true that after karbala  the army took Imam Hussain's (AS) shirt or all his clothes off. 

Salam. The evilness of some people is beyond the imagination. Yes, some people stole the ring, clothing, and other items belonging to Imam Hussein AS after his martyrdom. There was a report that someone wanted to steal his underwear and the ground shook as if an earthquake occurred and prevented the heinous crime.

https://www.al-islam.org/maqtal-al-husayn-abd-al-razzaq-al-muqarram/master-martyrs-battle-field#al-husayn-‘-murdered

According to Bukhari this is the disrespect Ibn Ziyad (la) showed to Imam Husayn (as).

https://sunnah.com/bukhari/62/95

(22) Chapter: The merits of Al-Hasan and Al-Husain رضي الله عنهما

Narrated Muhammad:
Anas bin Malik said, "The head of Al-Husain was brought to 'Ubaidullah bin Ziyad and was put in a tray, and then Ibn Ziyad started playing with a stick at the nose and mouth of Al-Husain's head and saying something about his handsome features." Anas then said (to him), "Al-Husain resembled the Prophet more than the others did." Anas added, "His (i.e. Al-Husain's) hair was dyed with Wasma (i.e. a kind of plant used as a dye).

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

• سبحان الله Salam Alaikum, oh brothers and sisters around the globe! Jazak Allah Khair! POEM: When a Believer was made visible to them, And he tells to those who may be guided about the true Submission, By the Lord of the Seven Heavens, Those are who reject the true Submission, Those to who the Heavens are shown, And they shall say: These are clouds on top of the other! Indeed, They shall not but make themselves useful, This is a reminder for those who may be guided.
    • I just want to recite few verses of Chapter 47 of Qur'an e Majeed: Surah Muhammad, Verse 25:
      إِنَّ الَّذِينَ ارْتَدُّوا عَلَىٰ أَدْبَارِهِم مِّن بَعْدِ مَا تَبَيَّنَ لَهُمُ الْهُدَى الشَّيْطَانُ سَوَّلَ لَهُمْ وَأَمْلَىٰ لَهُمْ Surely (as for) those who return on their backs after that guidance has become manifest to them, the Shaitan has made it a light matter to them; and He gives them respite.
      (English - Shakir) Surah Muhammad, Verse 26:
      ذَٰلِكَ بِأَنَّهُمْ قَالُوا لِلَّذِينَ كَرِهُوا مَا نَزَّلَ اللَّهُ سَنُطِيعُكُمْ فِي بَعْضِ الْأَمْرِ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ إِسْرَارَهُمْ That is because they say to those who hate what Allah has revealed: We will obey you in some of the affairs; and Allah knows their secrets.
      (English - Shakir) Surah Muhammad, Verse 27:
      فَكَيْفَ إِذَا تَوَفَّتْهُمُ الْمَلَائِكَةُ يَضْرِبُونَ وُجُوهَهُمْ وَأَدْبَارَهُمْ But how will it be when the angels cause them to die smiting their backs.
      (English - Shakir) Surah Muhammad, Verse 28:
      ذَٰلِكَ بِأَنَّهُمُ اتَّبَعُوا مَا أَسْخَطَ اللَّهَ وَكَرِهُوا رِضْوَانَهُ فَأَحْبَطَ أَعْمَالَهُمْ That is because they follow what is displeasing to Allah and are averse to His pleasure, therefore He has made null their deeds.
      (English - Shakir)
    • He just wants to have a physical relationship with you. Is he your fiance? or are you planing to marry him?
    • Entire azadari is not an obligatory act of worship. Meaning there is nothing wajib in it.  Do whatever you can and do it with sincerity - that's all brother.