Rate this topic

In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent and the Most Merciful of all those who are Merciful.

Salamun Alaykum.

How many years it will take for a person if he wishes to read all hadeeth books present in the Shia School of thought?? 

You can answer it by taking your own reference for his speed of reading.

38 minutes ago, Waseem162 said:

In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent and the Most Merciful of all those who are Merciful.

Salamun Alaykum.

How many years it will take for a person if he wishes to read all hadeeth books present in the Shia School of thought?? 

Salaam Alaykum Brother

It is NOT needed. Instead, it is HIGHLY recommended to find an Akhlaq master for yourself. He trains you and teaches you. Ayatollah Ghazy, master of Ayatollah Bahjat and Allameh Tababayi, said: " If a person spends 50 years of his life to find a perfect Akhlaq master, he accomplished his purpose of life".

jpg_22.jpg.6fbcbe8fc6aa907dd6f7d08aa7274fc5.jpg

43 minutes ago, Waseem162 said:

Salamun Alaykum.

I do not know the time needed to read all hadith books but i can mention the shia hadith books  in following list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Shia_books#Hadith_collections

Kamil al Ziarat[1] by ibn al Qummi (collection of hadiths and ziarats regarding the visitation of the Imams (as) and Karbala)
Nahj al-Balagha- Collected sermons of Imam 'Ali ibn Abi Talib by Sayyad Razi.
Noori kalam by Allama Muhammad sadiq haideri
Kitab al-Kafi of Kulayni (divided into Usul al-Kafi, Furu al-Kafi and Rawdat al-Kafi)
Man la Yahdhuruhu'l Faqih of Shaikh Saduq
Tahdhib al-Ahkam by Abu Ja'far al-Tusi
Al-Istibsar by Abu Ja'far al-Tusi
The Book of Sulaym ibn Qays —by Sulaym ibn Qays
Wasael ush-Shia — 1600s by Shaikh al-Hur al-Aamili. A 20 volume collection, meant to include all 'authentic' Hadith from the available Shia hadith books, checking their authenticity on the strict principles of Ilm-ur-Rajjal.
Mustadrak al-Wasael by Mirza Hussayn Nuri
Bihar al-Anwar — 1600s by Allama Majlesi. An encyclopedic, 100 volume collection, meant to include all Hadith current at the time of compilation as well as his opinions regarding their authenticity
Haqqul Yaqeen by Allama Majlisi
Mir'at-ul-Uqool fi Akhbar aal al-Rasul (Shahr Usul al-Kafi) — by Allama Majlesi
Ilal-Alshraiy — Shaikh Saduq
Hulyatul Mutaqeen — Allama Majlesi
Maeny Alakhbar — by Shaikh Saduq
Aamali — by Shaikh Saduq
Aamali — by Sheikh al-Mufid
Al-Khisal - by Shaikh Saduq
Uyun al Akhbar ar Reda - by Shaikh Saduq
Daim al-Islam - by Al-Qadi al-Nu'man
Ghurar al-Hikam wa Durar al-Kalim

It may be logical if you  cover to read Nehjul balagha,  Al kafi, and other books by Sheikh Saduq to get better knowledge of hadith initially.

Wasalam

39 minutes ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

Salaam Alaykum Brother

It is NOT needed. Instead, it is HIGHLY recommended to find an Akhlaq master for yourself. He trains you and teaches you. Ayatollah Ghazy, master of Ayatollah Bahjat and Allameh Tababayi, said: " If a person spends 50 years of his life to find a perfect Akhlaq master, he accomplished his purpose of life".

jpg_22.jpg.6fbcbe8fc6aa907dd6f7d08aa7274fc5.jpg

How to find an Akhlaque Master if you don't study in an Islamic Seminary??

1 hour ago, Waseem162 said:

How to find an Akhlaque Master if you don't study in an Islamic Seminary??

Not all Akhlaq masters are in Islamic seminaries. If you go to mosques, to Akhlaq majalis, you'll find them. I remember when I was in Iran, I could find them.

The key thing is that whether you WANT it or not. Definitely Allah put you in his way IF you WANT it.

35 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

@skyweb1987 You have listed all books to say that this life is too short to read all Hadith ? I agree bro, I agree :worried:

I have mentioned the logic by which at least an appreciable amount of know;edge of hadith can be obtained.

2 hours ago, starlight said:

What's an Akhlaq master?

Developing Islamic Akhlaq.

If you go to Akhlaq majalis they tell you to lower your gaze, don't be conceited, obey your parents, defend your rights respectfully. For example, Seyed Hashem Haddad which was one of the greatest Islamic pictures, had a personal problem in his life. His wife's mother was ALWAYS cursing him in front of his wife. He never took revenge. It's really hard. He never disrespected his wife or his wife's mother. He asked Ayatollah Ghazy for help about this matter. He said I want to divorce my wife because his mother always cursing me without any reason. Ayatollah Ghazy said:" Do you love your wife?" He said yeah. Ghazy asked:" does she love you?" He said yeah. Ghazy then said:" You are not allowed to do divorce". Hashem Haddad said:" One time I was going back home from work. As soon as her mother realized it's me coming home, she started cursing me loudly. I went to roof, but she realized that and she made her voice louder so that I can hear. I was exhausted from work, then this happened. I left home. I went out of the town. At this moment, I realized that my soul is apart from my body. I was two persons. He came back and appreciated his wife's mother."

For a second look at his Akhlaq and teachings of Ayatollah Ghazy and look at our life. There are a lot of people here who didn't kiss their parents hands even one time. If somebody disrespected us, we remove him/her from our life completely, but Hashem Haddad kisses hands. That is the Akhlagh. Most people when their mother talks with them bad, they refuse to look at their mother face for some time. Is this Islamic Akhlaq? I know some people whom their mother died over ten years and they don't spend ten minutes in 24 hours to recite a Fatihah for them. This is NOT Akhlaq. Some women force their husband to buy something which is against Akhlaq. Some men do something similar. That is the reason I say it's better to find Akhlaq master. 

Instead of doing Tavaf around ourselves and our desires, we should do Tavaf around Allah.

Edited by AmirAlmuminin Lover

1 hour ago, Sindbad05 said:

@skyweb1987 You have listed all books to say that this life is too short to read all Hadith ? I agree bro, I agree :worried:

@Sindbad05 Bro atleast we can read all the Sahih Hadeeths :) Isn't this the reason why we are born in the Prophet's (saws) Ummah??

This lecture says that Sheikh Abbas al-Qummi (ra) spent 35 YEARS of his life compiling two volumes of his book Safinatul Bihar. He read and thoroughly examined all 110 volumes of al-Bihar..... twice. So you can't have all the knowledge in the world in this short life, but you should try to learn what you can :grin:.

9 - الحسين بن محمد، عن أحمد بن إسحاق، عن سعدان بن مسلم، عن معاوية ابن عمار قال: قلت لأبي عبد الله عليه السلام: رجل راوية لحديثكم يبث ذلك في الناس ويشدده في قلوبهم وقلوب شيعتكم ولعل عابدا من شيعتكم ليست له هذه الرواية أيهما أفضل؟ قال: الرواية لحديثنا يشد به قلوب شيعتنا أفضل من ألف عابد.

Sheikh al-Kuleyni (rah) narrate in his Holy al-Kafi from Mu'awiyah Ibn 'Ammar who said: I said to Abu Abdallah (as) "There is a man who narrate your Hadith and spreads them among people and ties them to their hearts and the hearts of your followers. Also there is a worshipper among your followers who does not narrate your Hadith. Which of these two people is better?" He said:"The one who narrates our Hadith and ties them up to the hearts of our followers is better than a thousand of worshippers."
- Usul al-Kafi of Sheikh al-Kuleyni, Vol.1, Page 33

instead of the usual fashionable stories, how about a rational one.

The number of books = X

Time = T

If WE had the books, then WE decide the Time to read it all. The only difference would be, how many times one would have to re-read them to understand them. WE ALL have potential, don't let anyone tell you, that you need a teacher. All men of genius never had one. Yes, a good mentor will half that time, but it all depends on the intelligence one is training.

if I recall, Ibn Sina read Aristotles Metaphysics 40times until he understood it.

Edited by monad

سبحان الله

May the mercy of Allah be bestowed upon those,

Who spend their time reading and studying,

For a Divine message has been bestowed upon the highest Messenger;

اقرأ,

Iqra.

@Sindbad05

Edited by Kazemi