Hameedeh

Saudi Arabia Arrests 11 Princes

Rate this topic

Saudi Arabia Arrests 11 Princes, Including Billionaire Alwaleed bin Talal

LONDON — Saudi Arabia announced the arrest on Saturday night of the prominent billionaire investor Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, plus at least 10 other princes, four ministers and tens of former ministers.

The announcement of the arrests was made over Al Arabiya, the Saudi-owned satellite network whose broadcasts are officially approved.

The reports in Al Arabiya and from other sources that Prince Alwaleed was among those arrested were sure to send shock waves both through the Kingdom and the world’s major financial centers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/04/world/middleeast/saudi-arabia-waleed-bin-talal.html

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia — Saudi Arabia’s King Salman on Saturday removed a prominent prince who headed the National Guard, replaced the economy minister and announced the creation of a new anti-corruption committee.

The Saudi-owned Al-Arabiya news channel also reported late Saturday that 11 princes and dozens of former ministers were detained in a new anti-corruption probe headed by the kingdom’s powerful Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, who was also named to oversee the new committee.

washingtonpost.com/business/senior-saudi-royal-ousted-princes-reportedly-arrested/2017/11/04/

Don't be fooled, Salman ain't no saviour, he's Donald trumps ultimate arab stooge, had to explain this to some sunni girl in my class that just because Saudi Arabia legalised women driving (about time!) under salman doesn't mean it's heaven on earth lol 

57 minutes ago, rinneganMahdi said:

Don't be fooled, Salman ain't no saviour, he's Donald trumps ultimate arab stooge, had to explain this to some sunni girl in my class that just because Saudi Arabia legalised women driving (about time!) under salman doesn't mean it's heaven on earth lol 

Yup, I’ll even take it one farther and say this is Prince Sally eliminating any of his opponents within the Royal ranks.

Dont think this is anything more than a Coup d’etat. Salman is a dictator and he is taking out any and all threats to his authority.

The only corrupt Prince in this mess is Salman.

It's an attempted coup they are dealing with. The MSM won't say it, but I found the following reader comment in the Financial Times most illuminating:

https://www.ft.com/content/2d461e2a-c1b2-11e7-a1d2-6786f39ef675

Subscription likely needed, so I'll give you the gist. The anti-corruption commission gets established on Saturday, with MBS at its head and by midday the 11 princes are arrested.

Elsewhere I read that:

Jared Kushner was there last week. And later Trump tweets that he wants Aramco to list in NY.

Seems as if Trump tipped off MBS and now wants payback. Pure speculation of course.

Edited by Haji 2003
clarification of info and sources

i think this is a reaction to Iran Goverment that has many problems with corruption in every aspects of government and yet couldn't do anything about that shows prince Salman as a reformist & hero to other muslim countries to absorb them to  wahabists Regime of House of Saud. 

1 hour ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salman as a reformist & hero to other muslim countries

All that most of them have seen so far is their relatives in Saudi not getting paid and getting beaten up when they protest.

I know & agree with you  that there is many problems in Iran but in my opinion that mr Salman acts looks like a  big show off not real acts .

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

HONG KONG — With the arrest of Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, the prominent billionaire investor, Saudi Arabia has touched one of the richest and most influential investors in the world.

Among Prince Alwaleed’s crown jewels: sizable stakes in Twitter, Lyft, Citigroup and 21st Century Fox. He has gone into business with some of the corporate world’s biggest titans, from Bill Gates to Rupert Murdoch and Michael Bloomberg.

His investments span the globe, including the historic George V hotel in Paris, the Savoy in London and the Plaza in New York. He has also invested in the AccorHotels chain and Canary Wharf, the London business development.

So vast are his investments that he has been referred to as the Warren Buffett of the Middle East.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/05/business/saudi-prince-alwaleed-investor.html

in my opinion according to the article of nytimes  this act leads to cheap oil price for USA  and more wealth for mr Trump it looks like the Syriana movie with dirction of mr Trump!!!:liar:

https://acmcu.georgetown.edu/risks-of-a-conflict-with-iran

RISKS OF A CONFLICT WITH IRAN

Shireen Hunter OUTSIDE VIEW: U.S. SHOULD TALK TO IRAN

https://acmcu.georgetown.edu/

Shireen Hunter is a Visiting Professor at the Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2017/10/23/prince-alwaleed-bin-talal-iran-playing-nasty-role-in-our-region.html

http://www.arabnews.com/economy/news/860711

BUSINESS & ECONOMY

Prince Alwaleed cancels plan to invest in Iran

http://www.reuters.com/article/uk-saudi-iran-kingdom-holding/saudi-prince-alwaleed-cancels-plans-to-consider-investments-in-iran-twitter-idUKKBN0UJ1T720160105

Saudi Prince Alwaleed cancels plans to consider investments in Iran - twitter

Reuters Staff

Edited by Hameedeh
[Mod Note: Excessively large fonts (size 16-72) or extremely small fonts (size 8-10) may be reduced or increased to a standard size (12-14) by a Moderator.]

1 hour ago, Hameedeh said:

HONG KONG — With the arrest of Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, the prominent billionaire investor, Saudi Arabia has touched one of the richest and most influential investors in the world.

In today's world, you never know whether the recent strength in the oil price was due to all the reasons we've been given so far or whether it was some people knowing this was about to happen.

Talal is not small fry. This is serious.

Well my mothers happy that they arrested it corrupt princes I will never accept this country I know their true nature they care like chameleons they changed their colors now as soon as you no it they will changed back again and snatch you up like how a chameleon snatches a fly. I was happy that Iran and houthis are taking action against this dictatorship which has caused me and my family much suffering.

he also made Saad hariri resign as prime minister of lebanon the same day and some say saad is a prisoner in the kingdom.. this comes a day after saad met with iranian officials.. but my theory is that israel is planning a peace deal with saudi arabia and these are all pre requisites.

In the past, one prince here or there was demoted and someone took his place. This arrest of 11 princes, 4 ministers and tens of former ministers shows the power struggle is real. No doubt these men who were arrested are the ones who were naysayers to the plots that the higher ups will carry out.

Anyone monitoring al-Jazeera? That should be fun.

Also, someone has noted in the FT that Prince Miteb was well liked by the National Guard, so his removal may not endear the Crown Prince amongst people with guns.

Saudi prince Mansour bin Mukrin son of Mukrin bin Abdulaziz (SA's crown prince from Jan-Apr 2015) has been killed in a helicopter crash along with several officials near the Yemen border.

https://www.rt.com/news/408859-saudi-prince-helicopter-crash/

Coincidence?

Any chance all of this (the resignation of Lebanon's prime minister, the missile attack, and the "Night of the Long Knives" sacking and arrests of Saudi ministers) is all connected, and might mean open conflict between Iran and Saudi Arabia might be imminent? 

3 minutes ago, Silas said:

Any chance all of this (the resignation of Lebanon's prime minister, the missile attack, and the "Night of the Long Knives" sacking and arrests of Saudi ministers) is all connected, and might mean open conflict between Iran and Saudi Arabia might be imminent? 

Let's hope not. I think Saudia Arabia is purging corrupt politicians. Draining their swamp. :rolleyes:

41 minutes ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

Saudi prince Mansour bin Mukrin son of Mukrin bin Abdulaziz (SA's crown prince from Jan-Apr 2015) has been killed in a helicopter crash along with several officials near the Yemen border.

https://www.rt.com/news/408859-saudi-prince-helicopter-crash/

Coincidence?

Who knows? It's possible that the crash was deliberate to get rid of that prince. :shock:

There is so much more than meets on the eye and what is publicly eclaimed. 

I was working in Saudi when a junior prince was executed for assasination atempt on Mb Salman in Jeddah.

The houthis have now successfully hit two airports with missiles .

I have whatspp video sent to me by airport worker but I think since I am not advance membe can't show you guys.

BIT huge fires and destruction.

Also better link for what happened most recently is Zero hedge article 

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-04/shocking-purge-saudi-king-arrests-billionaire-prince-bin-talal-others-anti-money-lau#comment-10592186

The comments afterwards are even funnier and some are very analytically astute.