Jump to content
  • 0
Guest Female

Make up

Rate this question

Question

Guest Female

According to imam syed ali khamenei which one is permissible and which ine not : (a).kajal ( b.)eyeliner (c)light lipstick (d)foundation ( e)face tone( f)lip gloss (g)watch ( h)rings and bangles ..Above all no one wants to leave house without looking good.what if i am average looking and not fair so i need to apply fair n lovely what is the harm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
18 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

This is all fine, what matters is the

1. Intention

2. How obvious or not (bright and bold colors.)

You need to be careful  when it comes to Islamic Law. Where is your proof that the above is correct? 

53 minutes ago, Guest Female said:

According to imam syed ali khamenei which one is permissible and which ine not : (a).kajal ( b.)eyeliner (c)light lipstick (d)foundation ( e)face tone( f)lip gloss (g)watch ( h)rings and bangles ..Above all no one wants to leave house without looking good.what if i am average looking and not fair so i need to apply fair n lovely what is the harm?

Sayyed Al-Khamenei rules that a woman is not allowed to show zeenah in front of the non-mahram at all.

http://www.almaaref.org/maarefdetails.php?id=11093&subcatid=1510&cid=493&supcat=45

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, E.L King said:

You need to be careful  when it comes to Islamic Law. Where is your proof that the above is correct? 

Sayyed Al-Khamenei rules that a woman is not allowed to show zeenah in front of the non-mahram at all.

http://www.almaaref.org/maarefdetails.php?id=11093&subcatid=1510&cid=493&supcat=45

Because when woman talk about foundation—she means to cover up unevenness and dark circles and blemishes — all of this is fine with Sistanti.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
21 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

Because when woman talk about foundation—she means to cover up unevenness and dark circles and blemishes — all of this is fine with Sistanti.

The OP clearly said “lip gloss, lip stick, Kajal, eye liner” and these have nothing to do with covering up unevenness and dark circles, but more to do with beautification.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
9 hours ago, Guest Female said:

According to imam syed ali khamenei which one is permissible and which ine not : (a).kajal ( b.)eyeliner (c)light lipstick (d)foundation ( e)face tone( f)lip gloss (g)watch ( h)rings and bangles ..Above all no one wants to leave house without looking good.what if i am average looking and not fair so i need to apply fair n lovely what is the harm?

Salaam,

If you just want foundation, then I suppose it is fine. However, understand that it must be applied to such an extent that if someone casually glanced at you they would not be able to see any real difference between you without foundation on vs foundation on. Also if you want to beautify yourself to the extent beyond just putting on foundation then that is haram in PUBLIC. In private you can go all out for your family or hubby. Besides, you don't need strangers to validate your beauty, you need people close to you (either your hubby or family) to validate you in that sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Hassan- said:

The OP clearly said “lip gloss, lip stick, Kajal, eye liner” and these have nothing to do with covering up unevenness and dark circles, but more to do with beautification.

There are many shades of lipgloss and lipstick that is not for beatification and are natural shades (and not noticeable.) But you don’t know that because you’re a man. 

Edited by Islandsandmirrors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

Because when woman talk about foundation—she means to cover up unevenness and dark circles and blemishes — all of this is fine with Sistanti.

No it is not fine with Sistani. All make up and zeenah is not allowed with Sistani with the exception of mascara. Even if the make up is a small amount.

Question: It is normal these days for a woman to put on mascara and make-up, wear rings, necklaces and bracelets for beauty and then go out in front of people in the markets and streets.

Answer: This is not permissible for her except for mascara and rings provided that she is safe from falling into forbidden activities and does not intend by it to excite non-mahram men.
 
Edited by E.L King

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
57 minutes ago, E.L King said:

No it is not fine with Sistani. All make up and zeenah is not allowed with Sistani with the exception of mascara. Even if the make up is a small amount.

Question: It is normal these days for a woman to put on mascara and make-up, wear rings, necklaces and bracelets for beauty and then go out in front of people in the markets and streets.

Answer: This is not permissible for her except for mascara and rings provided that she is safe from falling into forbidden activities and does not intend by it to excite non-mahram men.
 

Dude, I read somewhere from a marja that to use makeup to cover up uneven skin tone and blemishes are fine.

what is not fine is unnatural makeup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

Dude, I read somewhere from a marja that to use makeup to cover up uneven skin tone and blemishes are fine.

what is not fine is unnatural makeup. 

You need to provide references. I am telling you what Sayyed Al-Sistani says, not what another marja says.

This is another fatwa:

: هل وضع المكياج حرام اذا كان بشكل غير ملفت للنظر ؟

الجواب: يحرم الظهور به امام الاجنبي

Translation:

Question: Is applying make up haram if it is [done/applied] in a way which does not attract attention?

Answer: it is haram to appear in it in front of the stranger [male].

https://www.sistani.org/arabic/qa/0504/

Edited by E.L King

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

    • I wonder if it is enough for a person to believe in Islam until they die to be eternally in heaven eventually? I mean maybe a person would not believe if they were subject to torture but if they are not subject to torture they would believe. Must a Muslim believe no matter what or can they just rely on that if they believed in this life then they will someday enter heaven?
    • Guest Boy
      I m 28yrs old .I started praying since last year. I was not knowing the importance of praying.My parents never told me to pray .They were only after my studies.I was busy in my life not knowing the real purpose if life  . I new nothing about what are the duties of muslim. Then Allah guided me at the age of 27 and i started going to masjid . Now i regret why was i so far away from my deen for so many years.Some questions kill me everyday ..Why didnt allahs guidance came early .? .I have to make up for so many prayers.i have asked Allah for forgiveness .Why i hav to still make up?. Is it too late age to get guided ?  Like i have done nothing no namaz no roza ..when my parents never told me about deen how am i responsible ? Now i ask Allah for forgiveness why i still have to make up for qada ?? If i make niyat of making qada after some years is it ok  or i hav to start praying qada ??When were u ppl guided to do these things ? I am feeling very bad..Whatever we learn from childhood imprints in heart ..i have learnt nothing..share ur views please
    • This is not possible because this is a breach of the basis of unity. When its decided that we are not going to discuss about our beliefs. Scholars can sit together and discuss all this but this can't be done in a public scenario.
    • Quran has not talked about the punishment of Apostaty in this world. But we have Sahih hadeeths from Imams. Quran doesn't tell everything explicitly.  When Imam Ali said that "all secrets and knowledge is condensed in Quran" then it means we can't access it but they can. So its better to be satisfied with the hadeetha and Marajes have done a lot of study to accept these hadeeth and Law. And you're not being killed for your belief but your action. Flee to any other Non Muslim country and you're free but if you harm Muslim society by your Apostasy then you are ought to be killed as you are a corrupter.
×