alidu78

Could all humans descend from prophet Adam as ?

Rate this topic

Salam aleykoum, 

A sheykh explained to me that according to Islamic tradition prophet Adam (as) appeared 7000 years ago approximately. He also said that it is true that there were humans before Adam (as) so it is normal than we found older human traces on earth than 7000 years. 

After I asked him "so not actual humans living now are forcely descendants of Adam (as)"? 

He answered me this "yeah it is possible". 

I was very surprised by this answer because I always thought that according to Islam we had all Adam k(as) as ancestor. 

What do you think about that brothers and sisters? 

46 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

I was very surprised by this answer because I always thought that according to Islam we had all Adam k(as) as ancestor. 

Adam is our ancestor since the pre-Adamites got wiped out/extinct probably?

Genetically, it's been shown that we all are descended from one female ancestor, referred to as "mitochondrial Eve". It wouldn't be much of a stretch to assume we are also all descended from one male ancestor, though as far as I know it hasn't been proven scientifically. 

20 minutes ago, notme said:

Genetically, it's been shown that we all are descended from one female ancestor, referred to as "mitochondrial Eve". It wouldn't be much of a stretch to assume we are also all descended from one male ancestor, though as far as I know it hasn't been proven scientifically. 

Do you have a reliable source about that? 

28 minutes ago, notme said:

As well as https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-chromosomal_Adam

2 hours ago, alidu78 said:

Salam aleykoum, 

A sheykh explained to me that according to Islamic tradition prophet Adam (as) appeared 7000 years ago approximately. He also said that it is true that there were humans before Adam (as) so it is normal than we found older human traces on earth than 7000 years. 

After I asked him "so not actual humans living now are forcely descendants of Adam (as)"? 

He answered me this "yeah it is possible". 

We are referred in Quran as "Children of Adam". And Adam according to some other hadith is 20,000 years old and there are still other hadith having other time. So, no one is certain when did Adam descend?

10 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

Do you have a reliable source about that? 

No, I don't remember where I first read about it, but it's easy to find general information on Wikipedia. 

2 hours ago, Sindbad05 said:

We are referred in Quran as "Children of Adam". And Adam according to some other hadith is 20,000 years old and there are still other hadith having other time. So, no one is certain when did Adam descend?

It looks to be that there are not real consensus about when prophet Adam (as) came to earth. Do you have narrations talking about the fact Adam is 20 000 years old approximately  ? 

11 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

It looks to be that there are not real consensus about when prophet Adam (as) came to earth. Do you have narrations talking about the fact Adam is 20 000 years old approximately  ? 

I read it. Do you want it?

How long is the time of Adam's creation?
question
How long is the time of Adam's creation?
Concise answer
In the Holy Quran, there is no explicit reference to this. But historical sources state that the creation of Adam was about six to seven thousand years ago, but this is not in contradiction with the beliefs of scientists that human life has more than millions of years, that is, it may be before the generation of Adam Thousands of generations of humans extinct and extinct. This is a point that is compatible with the holy Quran and narratives.
Detailed Answer
There is no explicit mention in the Qur'an that the life of mankind has been in existence since the day it was created in the earth so far.
Allamah Tabatabai in the commentary of Al-Mizan says:
It has been reported in the history of the Jews that the life of humanity since the day it was created in the earth so far is not more than about seven thousand years, which rational credibility is also a beneficial contribution to this history.
Because the genital agent produces two thousand people in one hundred years, and then ..., then this calculation is exponentially extended for seven thousand years, that is, for seventy centuries, we will see that the human number is two billion and a half This number is the same as the number of modern human populations that international statisticians have provided.
Therefore, rational validity also says that history has said, but the scholars of the classes of the earth and the so-called "geology" believe that the life of the human species is more than millions of years old, and, on this account, is a proof of the fossils that work They are the human beings in them, as well as the proofs of their skeletal skeletons of ancient humans, whose life each of them, as estimated on their scientific criteria, is more than 500 thousand years.
This is their belief, but the arguments that they have brought are not convincing, which can prove that these fossils, the rocked bodies of the ancestors of these same people today, and there is no reason to deny the possibility that this skeleton The stone is related to one of the periods in which human beings lived on earth, as it may have been, and our period of human beings is not related to the period of the mentioned fossils, but to humans before the creation of Adam Abu al-Bashar lived in the land and then became extinct, and also the emergence of human beings and their extinction has been repeated until several generations have passed. [1] And then it reinforces the view that Adam's time of creation is related to the emergence of the new generation of mankind, and maybe before Adam and his current generation, other people and other worlds and generations Other human beings have lived on the planet and have been extinct, and the findings of archaeologists and the discovery of fossils related to humans belonging to millions of years ago and with a life of fifteen thousand years, are related to generations before the last generation. And, of course, this justification is consistent with the Holy Qur'an and the traditions [3] .

[1]   Taba Taba'i, Mohammad Hussein, Al-Mizan (translated), p. 4, p. 222.
[2]   . He says: The Holy Qur'an has not explicitly criticized the quality of human appearance in the earth, whether the appearance of this kind of being (human) on earth is unique in the current period we are in, or have had many periods. , And our period is the current people of the last era? Although it may have been sniffed by some of the Qur'anic verses of the Qur'an before the creation of Adam Abu al-Bashir (as) and his generation, other human beings lived on earth, like the verse of Sharifa: "و إذ قال ربک للملائكة إني The verse of the Faithful of the Caliphate of Galilee is a sign of the Fifa and the Fifa and the Isfak al-Duma, "which comes from the beginning of mankind before the creation of Adam. Yes, in some traditions from the Ahlul Bayt (as), there is a statement that proves the history of many humanity before the present period. Al-Mizan (translated), p. 4, p. 223.
. [3]   Imam Sadiq (as) has said: you suppose that Allah and Allah created no other human, no, not so, but created thousands of Adam who you are from the last generation of those people (monotheist, P. 277, p. 272); Ibn Mitham has also narrated a hadith in the narrative of Nahj al-Balaghah of the Imam al-Baqir (ibn Maitham, Nahj al-Balaghah, p. 1, p. 173); al-Sadu also read the same in the book He brought his own personality (cf. 2 p. 652, p. 54). And in particular, he introduced the Imam Sadiq as saying: "Allah and Ezra have created twelve thousand worlds, each of which is larger than seven heavens and seven earths, and none One of the people of a world does not mind it The dam that the god of his non-universal excellence has created is another world. (Qala 2, p. 639, p. 14). And in the same book, Imam al-Baqir said: "The Almighty God in this earth created the seven universes from the day it created it (and then arranged it) And none of these realms was from the generation of Adam, and the Almighty God created all of them from the earth's crust and created a generation after another, and created for each other an universe after the other, until the end of Adam Abu He created the al-Bashr and made his offspring separated from him ... (Jalal, 2, p. 358, p. 45).

http://www.islamquest.net/fa/archive/question/fa701

3 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

he introduced the Imam Sadiq as saying: "Allah and Ezra have created twelve thousand worlds, each of which is larger than seven heavens and seven earths, and none One of the people of a world does not mind it The dam that the god of his non-universal excellence has created is another world. (Qala 2, p. 639, p. 14)

Who is Ezra ? 

3 hours ago, alidu78 said:

That would be nice yes if could give it to me :)

I apologize bro, I think, I have confused a tradition in which Prophet PBUHHP said: "The noor of Ali and mine were created 20,000 years before Adam a.s"....

It is also a fact that Imam Muhammad al Baqir a.s said that there were many Adams created before our Adam a.s and It is also narrated that Hazrat Moses a.s asked Allah AWJ about the age of this universe or the world. Allah AWJ asked him to go to a particular well and ask that question. Moses a.s went there and asked the question. The voice from well came that drop a pebble and then ask a question. Hazrat Moses a.s dropped the pebble and repeated the question. The well answered that every 70, 000 years  (I do not remember the time period exactly could be more or less), a Moses came and drop the pebble and While that Hazrat Moses a.s saw there were heap of pebbles inside the well.

Also, Imam Muhammad al Baqir a.s said that the promise of heaven and hell was made to our ancestor Adam and therefore we are fortunate to have this opportunity to be resurrected and other Adams before our father were not promised that.

On 04/11/2017 at 10:58 AM, Sindbad05 said:

I apologize bro, I think, I have confused a tradition in which Prophet PBUHHP said: "The noor of Ali and mine were created 20,000 years before Adam a.s"....

It is also a fact that Imam Muhammad al Baqir a.s said that there were many Adams created before our Adam a.s and It is also narrated that Hazrat Moses a.s asked Allah AWJ about the age of this universe or the world. Allah AWJ asked him to go to a particular well and ask that question. Moses a.s went there and asked the question. The voice from well came that drop a pebble and then ask a question. Hazrat Moses a.s dropped the pebble and repeated the question. The well answered that every 70, 000 years  (I do not remember the time period exactly could be more or less), a Moses came and drop the pebble and While that Hazrat Moses a.s saw there were heap of pebbles inside the well.

Also, Imam Muhammad al Baqir a.s said that the promise of heaven and hell was made to our ancestor Adam and therefore we are fortunate to have this opportunity to be resurrected and other Adams before our father were not promised that.

How explained that we found fossiles of humans older than 7000 years old brother ? 

A teacher told me that Adams' (a) children could have married with remaining (now) extinct Neanderthals/Homo-sapiens. 

Edited by M.IB

2 hours ago, M.IB said:

A teacher told me that Adams' (a) children could have married with remaining (now) extinct Neanderthals/Homo-sapiens. 

yeah but do that answer the problematic about older humans than 7000 years old brother ?

21 hours ago, alidu78 said:

yeah but do that answer the problematic about older humans than 7000 years old brother ?

Plenty of hadiths mention the pre-Adamites.