E.L King

Sufism, poetry and fisq/kufr

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

I am not surprised with your rudeness or snark. I tried to help you understand but realize that is it a waste of my time. Don't attempt to criticize what you can't or refuse to understand. Those poems are beyond your comprehension.

Good. Since you think this is a waste of time, you can stop replying back. Agree? 

For those who can read Arabic, this is a fatwa of Sayyed Al-Sistani regarding ghazzal poetry wherein a poet describes the body parts of women such as lips and hair.

٣السؤال: هل شعر الغزل الذي فيه اوصاف النساء مثل: الشعر و الشفتين و غيره من الاوصاف هل هو جائز؟

الجواب: ينبغي الاحتياط بتركه هذا مع الامن من انتهاءه الي ارتكاب المحرم و الا فلابد من الاجتناب.

5 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

Everyone has his or her way of expression who are we to judge bro. Intoxication means being surrounded by happiness of Allah's Zikr and Allah's remembrance is taken as wine. Are you going to intercede for Ayotullah Tabataba'i? 

Don't bother, he is just going to be rude and disagree with you.

13 minutes ago, E.L King said:

For those who can read Arabic, this is a fatwa of Sayyed Al-Sistani regarding ghazzal poetry wherein a poet describes the body parts of women such as lips and hair.

What does it say in English? Does it say you should not read ghazzal poetry? 

10 minutes ago, E.L King said:

٣السؤال: هل شعر الغزل الذي فيه اوصاف النساء مثل: الشعر و الشفتين و غيره من الاوصاف هل هو جائز؟

الجواب: ينبغي الاحتياط بتركه هذا مع الامن من انتهاءه الي ارتكاب المحرم و الا فلابد من الاجتناب.

Bro, Ghazal is another thing and has nothing to do with mystical poetry.

Just now, Hameedeh said:

How are they different? 

In Ghazal, the subject is women and her love and beauty therefore it becomes awkward and indecent mostly and lowers dignity of women.

In mystical poetry, the subject is God, this world and Akhirat and use illustrations that's why it's called mystical. There can be illustration of romantic tales but those are indirectly designed to tell meaning of life and destiny of humans in this world and hereafter. Also, they display human behavior and conditions at various stages that describes human transformation into robust creation.

11 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

Bro, Ghazal is another thing and has nothing to do with mystical poetry.

Hafez wrote Ghazzal poetry.

12 minutes ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

What does it say in English? Does it say you should not read ghazzal poetry? 

It says one must take precaution even if there is no chance of falling into haram, and if there is a chance it is completely impermissible.

Just now, E.L King said:

Hafez wrote Ghazzal poetry.

It says one must take precaution even if there is no chance of falling into haram, and if there is a chance it is completely impermissible.

Precautions for those who are immature because they take literal meanings of mystical poetry. 

7 minutes ago, E.L King said:

Reading what others wrote or writing it yourself? 

Al-Majlisi (rah) attacked Jalal Al-Deen Al-Rumi in "Ayn Al-Hayyat" regarding his book Mathnawi - or Masnavi - due to it containing deviant beliefs - according to him.

Sadly, it seems, Al-Majlisi (rah) also could not understand the beauty of mystic poetry. :(

1 minute ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

Reading what others wrote or writing it yourself? 

Not clear from the fatwa.

3 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

Precautions for those who are immature because they take literal meanings of mystical poetry. 

The fatwa did not state that at all. All it said was precaution, nothing about immature understanding or literal meanings.

1 minute ago, E.L King said:

Al-Majlisi (rah) attacked Jalal Al-Deen Al-Rumi in "Ayn Al-Hayyat" regarding his book Mathnawi - or Masnavi - due to it containing deviant beliefs - according to him.

Sadly, it seems, Al-Majlisi (rah) also could not understand the beauty of mystic poetry. :(

Every one has his own opinion regarding beliefs. If Allama Majlisi didn't then many other's did read Mathnavi Rum.  It's matter of personal preference that some like mystical coding and some like clear words. 

2 minutes ago, E.L King said:

Not clear from the fatwa.

The fatwa did not state that at all. All it said was precaution, nothing about immature understanding or literal meanings.

Precaution is advised when there is threat but if there isn't threat there is no precaution. If you are afraid to fall in sin than precaution is for you but not for me as I have complete belief in the teachings of Ahlebait a.s and trust in ulemas or mystic poets that they didn't mean harm. The only reason they used romantic tales was because at that time people considered religion to be hard and therefore mystic poets indirectly introduced them to Islam. That's Taqqayah 

Just now, Sindbad05 said:

Precaution is advised when there is threat but if there isn't threat there is no precaution. If you are afraid to fall in sin than precaution is for you but not for me as I have complete belief in the teachings of Ahlebait a.s and trust in ulemas or mystic poets that they didn't mean harm. The only reason they used romantic tales was because at that time people considered religion to be hard and therefore mystic poets indirectly introduced them to Islam. That's Taqqayah 

Actually the fatwa states clearly there is precaution if there is precaution even if there no threat from haram, and not permissible at all if there is a threat.

At the end of the day you are free to your interpretation, but I will stick to these words.

1 minute ago, shadow_of_light said:

Hafiz also mentions some ahadith in his poems. He has poems about Imam Hussain(a) and Imam Mahdi(a).

And let's excuse his flaws because of that?