Note: This is a secular question, not a religious one per se.

Doing some reading on recent science sites' postings poses a question:

What lF Adam and his spouse were Neanderthals ?

39 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

I don't like to get into what if's but Neanderthals are considered a different species of humans and there are hadiths that talk about multiple "Adams".

Edited by starlight

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

God has said in Quran that He AWJ turned a group of Jews into disgraceful apes, So, @shadow_of_light has valid question. What if those were turned into such from humans ? 

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

I am openly against such speculative theories, however, we can suppose for a time to prove it does not affect religion and position of God. Like we do in Mathematics to prove that an equation is incorrect.

suppose, one say that it happened, how would it be dangerous to religion ? The transformation of some Neanderthals into humans itself shows that there is someone who has transformed those Neanderthals into humans and neither the Neanderthals nor the humans have power to reverse or halt the process ? So, it seems that whoever is doing it, He is powerful beyond their imagination. 

57 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

I am openly against such speculative theories, however, we can suppose for a time to prove it does not affect religion and position of God. Like we do in Mathematics to prove that an equation is incorrect.

suppose, one say that it happened, how would it be dangerous to religion ? The transformation of some Neanderthals into humans itself shows that there is someone who has transformed those Neanderthals into humans and neither the Neanderthals nor the humans have power to reverse or halt the process ? So, it seems that whoever is doing it, He is powerful beyond their imagination. 

Neanderthals had tools and used shelters.

Could they be another "race"?  Afterall, some of their genes survive in the World --excluding central and southern Africa.

26 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Neanderthals had tools and used shelters.

Could they be another "race"?  Afterall, some of their genes survive in the World --excluding central and southern Africa.

I do not have belief in what Western scientists say about evolutionary theories. The reason of this is that most of them have animosity towards religion and have been engaged in theories which have no basis such as Static theory of universe, steady state theory of universe and evolutionary theory provided by Darwin. Though they themselves accept that the work of Darwin lacks considerable evidence which lead it to remain as theory and not a law such as Newtonian theories became law later on. Finding tools near Neanderthals in the caves could be of humans and it may be that those Neanderthals were species that became rare such as many species on this world have been extinct. So, I think these theories as mere assumptions and lack certainty.  

If two different kinds of creatures (in this case Neanderthals and modern humans) are able to produce viable offspring, are they even separate species? If a horse and donkey produce an offspring, it is sterile, the genes aren't passed down. Same with lion and tiger. Dog and wolf, however, produce a viable offspring capable of producing descendants. Are a dog and a wolf separate species? It seems rather arbitrary: there's more in common between a Siberian husky and a wolf than there is between a husky and a Chihuahua. 

It seems to me that speciation is imprecise and it's perfectly possible that Neanderthals were human, they just looked a little different. 

10 minutes ago, notme said:

If two different kinds of creatures (in this case Neanderthals and modern humans) are able to produce viable offspring, are they even separate species? If a horse and donkey produce an offspring, it is sterile, the genes aren't passed down. Same with lion and tiger. Dog and wolf, however, produce a viable offspring capable of producing descendants. Are a dog and a wolf separate species? It seems rather arbitrary: there's more in common between a Siberian husky and a wolf than there is between a husky and a Chihuahua. 

It seems to me that speciation is imprecise and it's perfectly possible that Neanderthals were human, they just looked a little different. 

They both are homo. Homo Sapiens and Homo neanderthalensis

21 minutes ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

They both are homo. Homo Sapiens and Homo neanderthalensis

Lion and tiger are both panthera yet do not produce viable offspring. Donkey and horse are both equus. I'm not a evolutionary biologist or geneticist, but I'm not convinced Neanderthal is a separate species from Sapien, if it's true that modern people have Neanderthal DNA. 

On 11/2/2017 at 4:08 AM, hasanhh said:

What IF they were Cro-magnons?

To be honest I follow an Islamic Allameh who is very good, and he says that the story of Adam and Eve is a symbolic story about humans, not an actual one..

1 hour ago, notme said:

Which languages did Neanderthal speak? Here is what science says:

"The fossilized remains of Homo habilus, Homo erectus, Homo heidelbergensis, and others, exhibit a throat structure closer to other apes than to humans.

It is unlikely that they could speak as we do. What about Neanderthals? Neanderthals are our closest cousins, separated by 500,000-700,000 years of separate evolution (with some interbreeding, especially toward the end of Neanderthals around 50,000 years ago). If any non-human species could speak, Neanderthals would be the most likely candidates."

https://www.google.com.pk/amp/s/thehumanevolutionblog.com/2015/02/09/did-neanderthals-speak/amp/

You can see science is not sure about whether neanderthals speak or not like modern humans. So this gives the answer to your question in "No".

What do you know about Adam? He knew speaking or not?

On 11/2/2017 at 9:20 AM, M.IB said:

To be honest I follow an Islamic Allameh who is very good, and he says that the story of Adam and Eve is a symbolic story about humans, not an actual one..

Saying that it's symbolic is also a personal analogy and not a certain truth so not credible answer.

On 11/2/2017 at 9:20 AM, M.IB said:

Well, somebody is not "very good" because there is no 'Eve' in Quran.

1 hour ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Hawa = Eve, what do you mean by there being no Eve in the Quran?

Easy, @ 2:35 and 7:19  the word is zawjuka = spouse.

Adam's spouse is nowhere else mentioned, is she?

16 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Easy, @ 2:35 and 7:19  the word is zawjuka = spouse.

Adam's spouse is nowhere else mentioned, is she?

Don't our traditions say her name was Eve?