humanbeing101

When speaking about a dead person?

Rate this topic

16 minutes ago, Ībn Mūneer Āl-Feylī said:

When speaking about a dead person? In terms of what to say islamically referring to a dead person?

Salam. If someone has passed away, and I mention their name, I always say Rahmat Allah. When I write their name I will use RA which means Rahmat Allah. (Just for the record, I never use the word RadhiAllahu'anhu so when I write RA I don't mean RadhiAllahu'anhu.)

2 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

Salam. If someone has passed away, and I mention their name, I always say Rahmat Allah. When I write their name I will use RA which means Rahmat Allah. (Just for the record, I never use the word RadhiAllahu'anhu so when I write RA I don't mean RadhiAllahu'anhu.)

Thank you, I was thinking that. Isn't Radhi-allahu'anhu for sahaba only?

2 hours ago, Ībn Mūneer Āl-Feylī said:

Isn't Radhi-allahu'anhu for sahaba only?

Radhi-allahu'anhu can be used for companions of the Holy Prophet SA or companions of the Imams AS.

Radi Allahu anhu - May Allah be pleased with him

(used after referring to a respected companion of the Prophet or the Imams)

https://www.al-islam.org/fr/node/44038

6 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Salam sister, just a friendly tip, when you add the word Raheem (merciful) with the name Allah, it pronounces as Raheema Hullah (May Allah have mercy), not Rahmat Allah. To say it to a male, you must say Raheema Hullah 'ale (May Allah have mercy on him). To say it to a female, it's Raheema Hullah 'alayha (May Allah have mercy on her). :) 

13 minutes ago, Hassan- said:

Salam sister, just a friendly tip, when you add the word Raheem (merciful) with the name Allah, it pronounces as Raheema Hullah (May Allah have mercy), not Rahmat Allah. To say it to a male, you must say Raheema Hullah 'ale (May Allah have mercy on him). To say it to a female, it's Raheema Hullah 'alayha (May Allah have mercy on her). :) 

The same way that some people say salah and some people say salat, I used the word Rahmat when probably Rahmah is more familiar to you. I'm sure that my relatives never say Raheema Hullah. They say may Allah give him Rahmah or Rahmah Hullah. :) 

59 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

The same way that some people say salah and some people say salat, I used the word Rahmat when probably Rahmah is more familiar to you. I'm sure that my relatives never say Raheema Hullah. They say may Allah give him Rahmah or Rahmah Hullah. :) 

The reason people mix up salat and salah is they are unfamiliar with Arabic, and the same thing here. 

8 hours ago, Ībn Mūneer Āl-Feylī said:

Thank you, I was thinking that. Isn't Radhi-allahu'anhu for sahaba only?

There is no haram in using it for anyone - it is just a Du'a.

1 minute ago, Ībn Mūneer Āl-Feylī said:

How comes I don't see it being used by muslims regularly? 

It has been customarily used only on special people. Even saying alayhi al salam does not have to be on an infallible, but it would be weird to say it on am average guy.