Waseem162

Islam and Delicious food

Rate this topic

Salamun Alaykum. 

What does Islam says on feeding people with delicious food? I mean if some Muslim is owning a restaurant and using the money he is earning for very good purposes then in that case he is obviously doing a good job.

But when it comes to restaurant, As I know from the lives of Aimma (a.s), they used to eat very less and very very simple. We all know Imam Ali(a.s) used to eat dried bread. And this was a message to us too to refrain from delicious food as all Muttaqqi usually do.. Its a way to reach God .

But for a restaurant owner is he falling into a sin by making others eat delicious? Because eating delicious isn't good for our souls..

24 minutes ago, Waseem162 said:

Salamun Alaykum. 

What does Islam says on feeding people with delicious food? I mean if some Muslim is owning a restaurant and using the money he is earning for very good purposes then in that case he is obviously doing a good job.

But when it comes to restaurant, As I know from the lives of Aimma (a.s), they used to eat very less and very very simple. We all know Imam Ali(a.s) used to eat dried bread. And this was a message to us too to refrain from delicious food as all Muttaqqi usually do.. Its a way to reach God .

But for a restaurant owner is he falling into a sin by making others eat delicious? Because eating delicious isn't good for our souls..

Salaam Alaykum Sister

Eating delicious food and feeding it to others is NOT Haram. I personally prefer to have delicious food everyday, but refrain myself from all sins. This is what my religion asked me for.

But, your suggestion is true, and I personally don't eat delicious food. Sometimes just milk.

relax, getting into irrelevant places. The main thing is the food did not come from.oppressed animals or humans cultivating it and it Is healthy. Generally our food is always compromised. I doubt they had Curry?, methai? Chicken korma? In the desert at the time.

let us write a list of food they had at that time the accessibility of it.

25 minutes ago, Waseem162 said:

But for a restaurant owner is he falling into a sin by making others eat delicious?

He isn't. I have a PC and I can listen to majalis as well as listen songs and do forbidden things. The manufacturer or my ISP is in no way sinning by providing me with products and services.

If you're opening a restaurant by any chance do call me for a delicious free meal. :eat:

12 minutes ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

Salaam Alaykum Sister

Eating delicious food and feeding it to others is NOT Haram. I personally prefer to have delicious food everyday, but refrain myself from all sins. This is what my religion asked me for.

But, your suggestion is true, and I personally don't eat delicious food. Sometimes just milk.

Am a Brother, for God's sake! :hahaha:

Nobody by far provided me with a satisfying answer. I asked whether it'll be good for a person to start a restaurant and make Allah happy by using the money earned for good purposes??

(Restaurant - Serves delicious food - Imam Ali has strict hadees on avoiding delicious food - So won't Allah be upset if I feed his servants with delicious food ? - So I started Restaurant to make Allah happy, but Am I making him upset too??)

From Tibb an-Nabi:

وقال صلى الله عليه وآله : المؤمن يأكل بشهوة اهله ، والمنافق يأكل اهله بشهوته .

The believer eats according to the desire of his family, and the hypocrite (is the one whose) family eats according to his desire.

7 minutes ago, Qa'im said:

From Tibb an-Nabi:

وقال صلى الله عليه وآله : المؤمن يأكل بشهوة اهله ، والمنافق يأكل اهله بشهوته .

The believer eats according to the desire of his family, and the hypocrite (is the one whose) family eats according to his desire.

Could you clarify what the hadith means? I am a little confused.

Imam used to eat dry bread because he had responsibility and he was a masoom. I remember reading that imam said I live like this because nobody on day of judgement could held me responsible that he was our caliph and he used to live like king while we didn’t even have enough food. 

Once, after a day's hard work, Imam Ali ibn Abu Talib (as) was sitting under a tree and eating his barley bread and salt. A passing beggar asked him for food. Imam Ali ibn Abu Talib (as) readily offered to share what he was eating and gave the beggar a piece of bread. The old beggar found it difficult to chew and complained that the bread was too hard. Imam Ali ibn Abu Talib (as) informed the beggar that he would get good hot food if he cared to go to Imam Hasan's house.

When the beggar arrived at the given address, he found that a banquet was spread out and people were eating. Imam Hasan (as) invited the beggar to join them. He started eating and after a while he would eat one mouthful and put one mouthful in his bowl. Seeing this, Imam Hasan (as) said, "Why are you putting food in your bowl? Have your fill and then you can take some more with you."

The beggar replied, "I am collecting some good food for a man, who is eating dry barley bread and salt." Imam Hasan (as) smiled and said, "That man is Imam Ali ibn Abu Talib (as) and this house is his house."

Owning a restaurant is a way to earn good money. Because most people want to satisfy there stomach or there carnal desires. There is no ahadith which says eating delicious food is haraam,  yes you can avoid when you have reached that station of proximity and piety. Think about it you earn good money and then you spend it for the zaereen doing arbaeen walk,  how good that will be?  

10 hours ago, Waseem162 said:

Salamun Alaykum. 

You could eat simple food yourself while feeding others with delicious food. You can refrain from delicious food but you can't force others to do so. I don't see how could you make profit from owning a restaurant and serving only bread with vinegar. Just don't sell anything haram, like haram meat or alcohol, and don't play haram music.

And delicious food make people happy. Making people happy it's not a sin, it's Mustahab :)

Just my opinion.

Edited by ss99