Rate this topic

Just now, skyweb1987 said:

Then Dua cannot be made for all only applicable to companions in the light of quran else is innovation unless some one denies that these verses addresses other than companions

1. the quran mentions RA as a STATEMENT.

2. the quran even mentioned RA as a statement for NON-companions. general believers. 

3. study the quran brother. please dont try to pick something out which isnt there.

6 hours ago, just a muslim said:

1. the quran mentions RA as a STATEMENT.

2. the quran even mentioned RA as a statement for NON-companions. general believers. 

3. study the quran brother. please dont try to pick something out which isnt there.

وَالسَّابِقُونَ الْأَوَّلُونَ مِنَ الْمُهَاجِرِينَ وَالْأَنْصَارِ وَالَّذِينَ اتَّبَعُوهُمْ بِإِحْسَانٍ رَضِيَ اللَّـهُ عَنْهُمْ وَرَضُوا عَنْهُ وَأَعَدَّ لَهُمْ جَنَّاتٍ تَجْرِي تَحْتَهَا الْأَنْهَارُ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا أَبَدًا ۚ ذَٰلِكَ الْفَوْزُ الْعَظِيمُ ﴿١٠٠﴾

And (as for) the foremost, the first of the Muhajirs and the Ansars, and those who followed them in goodness, Allah is well pleased with them and they are well pleased with Him, and He has prepared for them gardens beneath which rivers flow, to abide in them for ever; that is the mighty achievement.99:100(

لَقَدْ رَضِيَ اللَّـهُ عَنِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ إِذْ يُبَايِعُونَكَ تَحْتَ الشَّجَرَةِ فَعَلِمَ مَا فِي قُلُوبِهِمْ فَأَنْزَلَ السَّكِينَةَ عَلَيْهِمْ وَأَثَابَهُمْ فَتْحًا قَرِيبًا ﴿١٨﴾

Certainly Allah was well pleased with the believers when they swore allegiance to you under the tree, and He knew what was in their hearts, so He sent down tranquillity on them and rewarded them with a near victory,)48:18(

Who are addressed in the above verses?

7 hours ago, skyweb1987 said:

وَالسَّابِقُونَ الْأَوَّلُونَ مِنَ الْمُهَاجِرِينَ وَالْأَنْصَارِ وَالَّذِينَ اتَّبَعُوهُمْ بِإِحْسَانٍ رَضِيَ اللَّـهُ عَنْهُمْ وَرَضُوا عَنْهُ وَأَعَدَّ لَهُمْ جَنَّاتٍ تَجْرِي تَحْتَهَا الْأَنْهَارُ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا أَبَدًا ۚ ذَٰلِكَ الْفَوْزُ الْعَظِيمُ ﴿١٠٠﴾

And (as for) the foremost, the first of the Muhajirs and the Ansars, and those who followed them in goodness, Allah is well pleased with them and they are well pleased with Him, and He has prepared for them gardens beneath which rivers flow, to abide in them for ever; that is the mighty achievement.99:100(

لَقَدْ رَضِيَ اللَّـهُ عَنِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ إِذْ يُبَايِعُونَكَ تَحْتَ الشَّجَرَةِ فَعَلِمَ مَا فِي قُلُوبِهِمْ فَأَنْزَلَ السَّكِينَةَ عَلَيْهِمْ وَأَثَابَهُمْ فَتْحًا قَرِيبًا ﴿١٨﴾

Certainly Allah was well pleased with the believers when they swore allegiance to you under the tree, and He knew what was in their hearts, so He sent down tranquillity on them and rewarded them with a near victory,)48:18(

Who are addressed in the above verses?

the muhajireen, ansar, those who follow them in goodness and those present at bayt e ridwan.

the quran says RA as a fact for the people mentioned above.

12 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

Salaam,

Can someone please let me know when the tradition (dare I say bidah) of adding RadhiAllahu'anhu (RA) started? Why did it start?

Is this bidah (innovation)?

How it is biddah. No it is not biddah 

10 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

@wmehar2 What do you think of this thread?

I'm not sure :/

رضي الله عنه. 

means "May Allah be pleased with him?"

Yet it just sounds like " Allah is pleased with him/them"

Not quite a statement by itself, I suppose it depends on your intention.

Sounds like a mini-dua.  In my mind how can it ever be haram or bid ah?  What person knowingly would say this to an individual they know (know, not assume, but know) God is not pleased with? How do we know?

58:22

You will not find a people who believe in Allah and the Last Day having affection for those who oppose Allah and His Messenger, even if they were their fathers or their sons or their brothers or their kindred. Those - He has decreed within their hearts faith and supported them with spirit from Him. And We will admit them to gardens beneath which rivers flow, wherein they abide eternally. Allah is pleased with them (رضي الله عنهم), and they are pleased with Him - those are the party of Allah . Unquestionably, the party of Allah - they are the successful.

9:100

And the first forerunners [in the faith] among the Muhajireen and the Ansar and those who followed them with good conduct - Allah is pleased with them and they are pleased with Him, and He has prepared for them gardens beneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide forever. That is the great attainment.

98:8

Their reward with Allah will be gardens of perpetual residence beneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide forever, Allah being pleased with them and they with Him. That is for whoever has feared his Lord.

5:119, 

48:18

Certainly was Allah pleased with the believers when they pledged allegiance to you, [O Muhammad], under the tree, and He knew what was in their hearts, so He sent down tranquillity upon them and rewarded them with an imminent conquest

(it won't let me reduce font size :/)

I uh... It seems Allah is pleased with those who do right.

I used to say رضى الله عنه  not knowing what it meant, I don't seem to use it as much now.  It seems people use it from a cultural aspect and just learned it growing up in the madhab they were in.

Either way, I don't think this is too big/serious of a topic  to get in the weeds about/heated.

Two people may disagree with who should رضى الله عنه  be applied, I would think Allah would on the final day sort it out, if it was even meaningful. 

12 hours ago, just a muslim said:

the muhajireen, ansar, those who follow them in goodness and those present at bayt e ridwan.

the quran says RA as a fact for the people mentioned above.

Thus it means that the companions are a addressed in these verses with the mentioned words "Razi Allah Anhu," It does not mean that Allah swt is pleased with them presently even though these words were used for the companions as mentioned. The following verse also provides sufficient evidence of it:

"O you who believe! whoever from among you turns back from his religion, then Allah will bring a people, He shall love them and they shall love Him, lowly before the believers, mighty against the unbelievers, they shall strive hard in Allah's way and shall not fear the censure of any censurer; this is Allah's Face, He gives it to whom He pleases, and Allah is Ample-giving, Knowing. (5:54)

Thus providing the clear potential of some companions coming back to their religion out of fold of Islam. then it does not seem right to use such words like "Razi Allah Anhu" for all of the companions exception may be there.

Edited by skyweb1987

20 minutes ago, skyweb1987 said:

Thus it means that the companions are a addressed in these verses with the mentioned words "Razi Allah Anhu," It does not mean that Allah swt is pleased with them presently even though these words were used for the companions as mentioned. The following verse also provides sufficient evidence of it:

"O you who believe! whoever from among you turns back from his religion, then Allah will bring a people, He shall love them and they shall love Him, lowly before the believers, mighty against the unbelievers, they shall strive hard in Allah's way and shall not fear the censure of any censurer; this is Allah's Face, He gives it to whom He pleases, and Allah is Ample-giving, Knowing. (5:54)

Thus providing the clear potential of some companions coming back to their religion out of fold of Islam. then it does not seem right to use such words like "Razi Allah Anhu" for all of the companions exception may be there.

i am fascinated by the way you post comments here, despite your lack of knowledge. 

i am not going to respond to your comment, for it is simply incorrect and full of false assumptions. 

peace.

44 minutes ago, wmehar2 said:

Sounds like a mini-dua.  In my mind how can it ever be haram or bid ah?  What person knowingly would say this to an individual they know (know, not assume, but know) God is not pleased with? How do we know?

hello there. i keep asking you deep questions but fail to respond to your answers. i apologize. its just too time consuming. 

but i have the following questions for you. where did you get the term "bidah"? what do you mean by it? how do you know what we mean by it? hope you can be a sport and answer them concisely and briefly.

2 minutes ago, just a muslim said:

i am fascinated by the way you post comments here, despite your lack of knowledge. 

i am not going to respond to your comment, for it is simply incorrect and full of false assumptions. 

peace.

Do you consider the verses of Quran are full of assumptions?

Very strange for me.

Edited by skyweb1987

Do you consider the verses of Quran are full of assumptions?

Very strange for me.

please dont try to put words into my mouth/comment.

besides, why do you have to turn everything into a sunni/shia dispute and derail the thread brother? the OP asked about RA being a bidah. i explained that it wasnt a bidah as it didnt satisfy the definition of bidah. if you think it does satisfy the definition of bidah, please explain how. otherwise, peace.

17 minutes ago, just a muslim said:

please dont try to put words into my mouth/comment.

besides, why do you have to turn everything into a sunni/shia dispute and derail the thread brother? the OP asked about RA being a bidah. i explained that it wasnt a bidah as it didnt satisfy the definition of bidah. if you think it does satisfy the definition of bidah, please explain how. otherwise, peace.

I have quoted just one verse to mention my view that the statement should not  be used for all of the companions  as there are many verses indicating the potential of some companions going out of fold of the religion.

Do you consider that the companions include  hypocrites? yes or no?

Edited by skyweb1987

I have quoted just one verse to mention my view that the statement should not  be used for all of the companions  as there are many verses indicating the potential of some companions going out of fold of the religion.

yes. i do. but i never said RA should be used as a statement of fact for ALL companions. i said it can be used as a dua for ALL companions apart from those whom we know were hypocrites, like abdullah ibn ubay ibn salul.

3 minutes ago, just a muslim said:

yes. i do. but i never said RA should be used as a statement of fact for ALL companions. i said it can be used as a dua for ALL companions apart from those whom we know were hypocrites, like abdullah ibn ubay ibn salul.

If yes, then I disagree i do not intend to make even such words for the hypocrites even in the form of dua. yes exceptions are there.

wsalam

Edited by skyweb1987

10 minutes ago, just a muslim said:

where did i say i pray for the hypocrites? 

19 minutes ago, skyweb1987 said:

17 minutes ago, just a muslim said:

14 minutes ago, skyweb1987 said:

If yes, then I disagree i do not intend to make even such words for the hypocrites even in the form of dua. yes exceptions are there.

What is the criteria given by the prophet to identify such hypocrites?

Edited by skyweb1987

"i said it can be used as a dua for ALL companions apart from those whom we know were hypocrites, like abdullah ibn ubay ibn salul."

2 minutes ago, skyweb1987 said:

How do you know about the hypocrites with the `criteria mentioned by the prophet saww?

what criteria?

Edited by just a muslim

12 minutes ago, just a muslim said:

"i said it can be used as a dua for ALL companions apart from those whom we know were hypocrites, like abdullah ibn ubay ibn salul."

what criteria?

How do you know that abdullah ibn ubay ibn salul was the alone hypocrite?

If you don't know the criteria i think it is not possible to distinguish the hypocrites from the other companions , is;nt it? Criteria means at least any hadith or saying of the prophet saww.

Then making dua for the hypocrites possibly comes true, is;nt it?

Edited by skyweb1987

41 minutes ago, just a muslim said:

hello there. i keep asking you deep questions but fail to respond to your answers. i apologize. its just too time consuming. 

but i have the following questions for you. where did you get the term "bidah"? what do you mean by it? how do you know what we mean by it? hope you can be a sport and answer them concisely and briefly.

Its ok, no worries.

Bid'ah as I understand from Hadith and how it was taught to me growing up in Sunni madhab.  So im reapplying my understanding from those experiences here.

innovations in religion has been purported as disgraceful and reprehensible in Hadith. They could further be categorized into types such are ok and others as evil.

An example of a religious bidah could be,  we must now pray towards the eiffel tower or we must (<- obligation clause note, )  use Qtips on our right ears before prayer;   thinking that you must do something for religion or not do something which my have in fact no religious basis. (my interpretation)

I hope that was concise/brief.

Edited by wmehar2

23 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

Salaam,

Can someone please let me know when the tradition (dare I say bidah) of adding RadhiAllahu'anhu (RA) started? Why did it start?

Is this bidah (innovation)?

@wmehar2    @skyweb1987     @just a muslim     @islam25     @Gaius I. Caesar     @E.L King     @Sirius_Bright     @Waseem162

salaam,

I think everyone is in agreement that saying "RA" is not bidah. Glad we got that resolved.

My reason for asking if it is bidah or not is because we often hear that anything related to religion that the Prophet (saw) did not do is bidah and since I could not find a single reference from the Prophet (saw), the sahaba or even tabae'en using this term, asking this question was warranted. 

The second and more important part of my topic is who coined this term and started using it? When? Why?

23 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

@wmehar2    @skyweb1987     @just a muslim     @islam25     @Gaius I. Caesar     @E.L King     @Sirius_Bright     @Waseem162

salaam,

I think everyone is in agreement that saying "RA" is not bidah. Glad we got that resolved.

My reason for asking if it is bidah or not is because we often hear that anything related to religion that the Prophet (saw) did not do is bidah and since I could not find a single reference from the Prophet (saw), the sahaba or even tabae'en using this term, asking this question was warranted. 

The second and more important part of my topic is who coined this term and started using it? When? Why?

Better if you question a Scholar regarding this. Its obviously not a biddah because every Scholar uses this whenever he remember a revered personality. Better you ask the 2nd question from him.

1 hour ago, shiaman14 said:

salaam,

imam muslim uses the term RA for non companions in sahih muslim. hadith books in general use RA for sahaba. i am pretty sure you will find earlier books from tabi'een who use RA. i can look it up or ask around if you want and try to provide references.

i hope this part of the question is unrelated to RA being a bidah, as you said that it is rightly concluded it isnt.

1 hour ago, wmehar2 said:

Its ok, no worries.

Bid'ah as I understand from Hadith and how it was taught to me growing up in Sunni madhab.  So im reapplying my understanding from those experiences here.

innovations in religion has been purported as disgraceful and reprehensible in Hadith. They could further be categorized into types such are ok and others as evil.

An example of a religious bidah could be,  we must now pray towards the eiffel tower or we must (<- obligation clause note, )  use Qtips on our right ears before prayer;   thinking that you must do something for religion or not do something which my have in fact no religious basis. (my interpretation)

I hope that was concise/brief.

but the quran doesnt use this word. so how would you know it since hadith doesnt yeild certainty and hence cant be used for knowledge? or were you simply responding from the sunni/shia point of view?