Farwa Jawad

Syed but not shia

Rate this question

Question

Salam,

One of my friends is syed. She told that she is from Imam Hussain(Zaidi). But she is not shia. Can it really happen?. She also said that she oes to majlis but does not do matham. She even claims that her parents especially her father had dreams in which they have met with Imam Hussain,Imam Ali . Iam really curious that why are they not shia and do not do matham even they are from Imam Hussain!!???Can any one tell me??

12 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, Farwa Jawad said:

Salam,

One of my friends is syed. She told that she is from Imam Hussain(Zaidi). But she is not shia. Can it really happen?. She also said that she oes to majlis but does not do matham. She even claims that her parents especially her father had dreams in which they have met with Imam Hussain,Imam Ali . Iam really curious that why are they not shia and do not do matham even they are from Imam Hussain!!???Can any one tell me??

Sister, there is no such strange thing in it. Its a matter of personal choice. 

There were many Syeds Shia who remained in the taqqaya and their succeeding generations converted from their shia belief. to others. 

We have seen many families in which the spouse is of opposite sect. 

Wasalam

12 minutes ago, Farwa Jawad said:

Salam,

Sister, it is one's own personal choice. 

Just now, skyweb1987 said:

Sister, there is no such strange thing in it. Its a matter of personal choice. 

There were many Syeds Shia who remained in the taqqaya and their succeeding generations converted from their shia belief. to others. 

We have seen many families in which the spouse is of opposite sect. 

Wasalam

Oh I  see... Thank you

Wa alaikum as-salam

13 minutes ago, Farwa Jawad said:

One of my friends is syed. She told that she is from Imam Hussain(Zaidi). But she is not shia. Can it really happen?

Why not? I am sure there are descendants of Imam Hussain (as) who are not even Muslims and don't know about it.

15 minutes ago, Farwa Jawad said:

She even claims that her parents especially her father had dreams in which they have met with Imam Hussain,Imam Ali

Allah knows best, but most of the time such claims are pure speculations. And one can see Imam Ali (as) in their dream because they just thought about him so it is not necessary caused by a divine Intervention

18 minutes ago, Farwa Jawad said:

why are they not shia and do not do matham even they are from Imam Hussain!!???Can any one tell me??

Just for the same reasons anyone else is not Shia.

6 hours ago, Farwa Jawad said:

Salam,

Over the course of time many Shia through Taqiya due to oppression slowly migrated over to Sunni. Her family is probably in that situation.

There are a fair amount of Syeds that are in that category. 

Sunni might attend Majlis but they'll never do Matam. I've seen Sunni at Majalis but they will always just stand there with their hand on their chest only.

5 hours ago, Akbar673 said:

Over the course of time many Shia through Taqiya due to oppression slowly migrated over to Sunni. Her family is probably in that situation.

There are a fair amount of Syeds that are in that category. 

Sunni might attend Majlis but they'll never do Matam. I've seen Sunni at Majalis but they will always just stand there with their hand on their chest only.

Yeah there are some of Sunni like that .

43 minutes ago, Farwa Jawad said:

And is it ok if your parents are not shia you can be a shia??

There is no strange thing again, It is matter of level of guidance permitted by Allah swt to one person.

If the parents are not open minded or fair in dealing then this Shia son or daughter may face social problems.

Edited by skyweb1987

1 hour ago, Farwa Jawad said:

And is it ok if your parents are not shia you can be a shia??

Ofcourse! It depends upon ones beliefs. One should read all school of thoughts to see which is Perfect and on Right Path.. Imam Ali (a.s) said - Learn your Religion and don't inherit it. It applies on everyone whether born Shia or any Religion. Because once you learn your Religion your Imaan is strengthened and you can guide others too on the same path.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.