Jump to content
E.L King

How to build a strong Iraq

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

- first and foremost, ending sectarianism and ethnic nationalism in the parliament and the federal government, by getting rid of laws which obligate an "x" amount of MPs from a certain sect or a certain ethnic group, or that they get governmental positions like laws which states the PM is Shi'i, the Speaker of Parliament is Sunni, and the President is Kurdish. 

- Give powers to the Presidency like Turkey have done recently, and he should appoint who the PM is and he picks the ministers of his choosing regardless of sect or party. And the speaker of the Parliament should be affiliated to the party/coalition with the most amount of seats.

- End sectarian slogans and language among the armed forces and on the public sphere, only patriotic and common Islamic slogans should be waved/shouted.

- The PMU as the law states, should have no political influence. The PMU should become a national guard force, with no sectarian affiliations and all the groups in the PMU have to unite into one force, which as I said, should be a national guard force

What do you guys think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salaam if Iraq want to be a strong then it should follow footstep of Iran and should have Wilayate Faqih System in Iraq InshAllah it will get more strong if they do like that otherwise america will always interfere in their matters and dont let them have their own system 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not Iraqi, but from my point of view the only way is to divide it which is already happening. there is no way to make kurds ditch their dream of independence neither for shia-sunni unity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, E.L King said:

- first and foremost, ending sectarianism and ethnic nationalism in the parliament and the federal government, by getting rid of laws which obligate an "x" amount of MPs from a certain sect or a certain ethnic group, or that they get governmental positions like laws which states the PM is Shi'i, the Speaker of Parliament is Sunni, and the President is Kurdish. 

- Give powers to the Presidency like Turkey have done recently, and he should appoint who the PM is and he picks the ministers of his choosing regardless of sect or party. And the speaker of the Parliament should be affiliated to the party/coalition with the most amount of seats.

- End sectarian slogans and language among the armed forces and on the public sphere, only patriotic and common Islamic slogans should be waved/shouted.

- The PMU as the law states, should have no political influence. The PMU should become a national guard force, with no sectarian affiliations and all the groups in the PMU have to unite into one force, which as I said, should be a national guard force

What do you guys think?

Not possible:-

Every group would want it's representatives in the government. For this purpose, they should follow Lebanese Constitution that distributes powers among different group such as may be shia is president, sunni is primeminister and christian is speaker. 

Secondly, there should be army presence at critical locations such as on boarders adjoining Kurdish and other volatile areas on the borders and within the Country at key locations. 

Thirdly, a joint council should be formed constituting Sunni-Shia and other stake holders and they should work through media for containing gaps within Muslim community and other non-Muslims.

An strong Police force be built with their control in the hands of Federal government and also an internal and external agency to inform them about internal and external affairs.

Educational infrastructure should be introduced with such syllabus that may eliminate terrorism and bring harmony and also enable the nation to acquire jobs in government and private institutions. 

And many other things can be suggested by analyzing the problems of Iraq.....these are main outlines according to me.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sindbad05 we have the same system in Iraq already, which is Shi'i PM, Sunni speaker and Kurdish President. It has proven to be a fail. To build a strong Iraq one must overlook their sectarian affiliations and ethnicity, where we don't say "that guy is Shi'i", "that politician is Sunni", just "he is Iraqi citzen". 

We need system like the US which does not give seats to people in congress based on their religion or ethnicity.

And in Lebanon they are even trying to change this rule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Najamsethi484 said:

Salaam if Iraq want to be a strong then it should follow footstep of Iran and should have Wilayate Faqih System in Iraq InshAllah it will get more strong if they do like that otherwise america will always interfere in their matters and dont let them have their own system 

Iraq is not a heavily Shi'i country like Iran, Iraq is 55-60% Shi'a, if we want to implement WF in Iraq, we will get a civil war.

Second of all Iran backs a soveriegn Iraq, Sayyed Khamenei recently said Iraq can become a player in the region on its own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Najamsethi484 said:

Salaam if Iraq want to be a strong then it should follow footstep of Iran and should have Wilayate Faqih System in Iraq InshAllah it will get more strong if they do like that otherwise america will always interfere in their matters and dont let them have their own system 

Personnaly i would be in favor to establish this system in Iraq but i am not sure that most of shia iraqis with this system and secondly there are maybe too much non shias living in iraq.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, E.L King said:

Iraq is not a heavily Shi'i country like Iran, Iraq is 55-60% Shi'a, if we want to implement WF in Iraq, we will get a civil war.

Second of all Iran backs a soveriegn Iraq, Sayyed Khamenei recently said Iraq can become a player in the region on its own.

I think a system exactly like iran is not applicable for the moment in iraq , maybe we must have a wilaya faqi system in shia régions and an autonomy for sunni régions but also based on islamic laws.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, E.L King said:

@Sindbad05 we have the same system in Iraq already, which is Shi'i PM, Sunni speaker and Kurdish President. It has proven to be a fail. To build a strong Iraq one must overlook their sectarian affiliations and ethnicity, where we don't say "that guy is Shi'i", "that politician is Sunni", just "he is Iraqi citzen". 

We need system like the US which does not give seats to people in congress based on their religion or ethnicity.

And in Lebanon they are even trying to change this rule.

Bro, every country has it's own peculiarity and this has been ingrained in Iraq and Lebanon. There cannot be end to such policies unless there be a joint Shia-Sunni political party. If the political parties in Iraq give a joint platform to all minorities such as there be a party that constitutes of Sunnis, Shias ans minorities only then in such a party a candidate could come on important position regardless of the religious background because it would be acceptable to all voters of that party and that person can be relieved if he do something wrong. However, I think that even that person's performance should be checked and he should not be granted all powers like Saddam Hussain to ruin other minorities. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

Bro, every country has it's own peculiarity and this has been ingrained in Iraq and Lebanon. There cannot be end to such policies unless there be a joint Shia-Sunni political party. If the political parties in Iraq give a joint platform to all minorities such as there be a party that constitutes of Sunnis, Shias ans minorities only then in such a party a candidate could come on important position regardless of the religious background because it would be acceptable to all voters of that party and that person can be relieved if he do something wrong. However, I think that even that person's performance should be checked and he should not be granted all powers like Saddam Hussain to ruin other minorities. 

I agree, we should see more parties in Iraq that have Shi'as, Sunnis, Kurds etc.. together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SalmanK said:

I am not Iraqi, but from my point of view the only way is to divide it which is already happening. there is no way to make kurds ditch their dream of independence neither for shia-sunni unity.

If you haven't noticed, the Kurdish referendum has failed and Iraq has taken back nearly all disputed areas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, E.L King said:

If you haven't noticed, the Kurdish referendum has failed

With more than 90% voting for independence? No I haven't.

4 minutes ago, E.L King said:

Iraq has taken back nearly all disputed areas. 

Which shows only that currently Iraqi army with their allies is more capable than Peshmerga.

The reality is that during last 50 years Kurds in Iraq were slaughtered by arabs (Saddam, ISIS and now the government) so I cannot think of a single reason why would they want to stay under their rule.

Same goes for Sunni and Shia, they won't stand each other since everyone has a family member or close friend who was killed either by Saddam or during ISIS war which is not even over

 

2 hours ago, Najamsethi484 said:

Salaam if Iraq want to be a strong then it should follow footstep of Iran and should have Wilayate Faqih System in Iraq InshAllah it will get more strong if they do like that otherwise america will always interfere in their matters and dont let them have their own system 

Yea that's a great idea but what to due with all those sunnis (like 35% of the population).

1 hour ago, E.L King said:

Iran backs a soveriegn Iraq, Sayyed Khamenei recently said Iraq can become a player in the region on its own.

Of course Iran is vouching for united Iraq since we've already seen what its Sunni part will become after the split (e.g. ISIS).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, SalmanK said:

With more than 90% voting for independence? No I haven't.

Which shows only that currently Iraqi army with their allies is more capable than Peshmerga.

The reality is that during last 50 years Kurds in Iraq were slaughtered by arabs (Saddam, ISIS and now the government) so I cannot think of a single reason why would they want to stay under their rule.

Same goes for Sunni and Shia, they won't stand each other since everyone has a family member or close friend who was killed either by Saddam or during ISIS war which is not even over

 

Yea that's a great idea but what to due with all those sunnis (like 35% of the population).

Of course Iran is vouching for united Iraq since we've already seen what its Sunni part will become after the split (e.g. ISIS).

I don't know what you're trying to point out, Baghdad is not trying to swallow Kurdistan. Baghdad wants Kurdish forces to be removed from the disputed areas only, not that they want to go back to Saddam's days. There will be no wars in Iraq again, all signs point to that. The Kurdish leadership has already submitted to this reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/11/2017 at 3:10 AM, Dhulfikar said:

Every political party should not base on their religion sect or ethnicity, which means that all the political parties should include whoever follow its values even if he/she is Christian, or jew or Muslim or Kurdi.

Isn’t this what the typical voter does in Lebanon? Their assembly of representatives are filled with parties based on shi’a, Sunni and Christian interest groups. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Wholehearted Shi'a said:

Isn’t this what the typical voter does in Lebanon? Their assembly of representatives are filled with parties based on shi’a, Sunni and Christian interest groups. 

I don't know about Lebanese Government. After checking a bit about it, why it is based on different religion groups? Why cant they make an party with ideology that all different religion sects joins them, there would be fewer parties and lesser conflicts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/10/2017 at 11:48 AM, Najamsethi484 said:

Salaam if Iraq want to be a strong then it should follow footstep of Iran and should have Wilayate Faqih System in Iraq InshAllah it will get more strong if they do like that otherwise america will always interfere in their matters and dont let them have their own system 

I find your post incoherent. The US will interfere even more if Iraq dared to follow the footstep of Iran. They don't want another Khomeini, and will do whatever it needs to be done to avoid that.

Iraq can't stand more wars and ideological clashes. I am with King here, end sectarism, let the goal be making money and avoid political crisis (international and national ones). International crisis can be avoided by not going against US policies (selling oil in Russian markets, money outside of US banks, publicly going against Israel, etc.). National ones should be solved through dialogue (a guaranteed legal referendum for the Kurdistan region - without Kirkuk - could be a good start).

Iraq needs economical prosperity, not ideological standpoints. That is not going to happen by opposing the US.

 

Finally, as a side note, do NOT give power to any idiot who was shot or jailed by Saddam.

Edited by Bakir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dhulfikar said:

I don't know about Lebanese Government. After checking a bit about it, why it is based on different religion groups? Why cant they make an party with ideology that all different religion sects joins them, there would be fewer parties and lesser conflicts. 

It is disappointing. I wish the Arab world could put aside these differences and be stronger. I believe there are forces in the world that don't want this to happen and manipulate the fear of Christian, Sunni and Shi'a to turn on one another. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bakir said:

I find your post incoherent. The US will interfere even more if Iraq dared to follow the footstep of Iran. They don't want another Khomeini, and will do whatever it needs to be done to avoid that.

Iraq can't stand more wars and ideological clashes. I am with King here, end sectarism, let the goal be making money and avoid political crisis (international and national ones). International crisis can be avoided by not going against US policies (selling oil in Russian markets, money outside of US banks, publicly going against Israel, etc.). National ones should be solved through dialogue (a guaranteed legal referendum for the Kurdistan region - without Kirkuk - could be a good start).

Iraq needs economical prosperity, not ideological standpoints. That is not going to happen by opposing the US.

 

Finally, as a side note, do NOT give power to any idiot who was shot or jailed by Saddam.

brother the whole world needs a another Imam Khomeini Ra not only Iraq

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this is what Turkey got in the referendum. Why not have the same for Iraq?

  • The role of prime minister will be scrapped. The new post of vice president, possibly two or three, will be created.
  • The president becomes the head of the executive, as well as the head of state, and retains ties to a political party.
  • He or she will be given sweeping new powers to appoint ministers, prepare the budget, choose the majority of senior judges and enact certain laws by decree.
  • The president alone will be able to announce a state of emergency and dismiss parliament.
  • Parliament will lose its right to scrutinise ministers or propose an enquiry. However, it will be able to begin impeachment proceedings or investigate the president with a majority vote by MPs. Putting the president on trial would require a two-thirds majority.
  • The number of MPs will increase from 550 to 600.
  • Presidential and parliamentary elections will be held on the same day every five years. The president will be limited to two terms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×