Rate this question

Question

10 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Nobody knows except Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى

This answer lead to thinking that only Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى understand al-qur'an and/or al-qur'an is intended only for Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى not human.

2 minutes ago, myouvial said:

This answer lead to thinking that only Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى understand al-qur'an and/or al-qur'an is intended only for Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى not human.

Right, I see what is wrong with the answer but that is what I read about the meaning of alif lam meem and alif laam raa.

Guest User name
1 hour ago, father said:

what alif laam meem and alif laam raa means in quran?

See the lecture of syed ammar nakshawani "the unconnected words" on youtube .you will get it

6 hours ago, myouvial said:

Every one among Muslims know for sure that Quran is both explicit as well as implicit. Many of it's secrets are not revealed yet such as how many were Ashab-e-Kahaf and what these words stands for. However, Quran has also huge general information for all Muslims to understand it but information like previous ones are for particular people such as Ahlebait a.s and Prophet PBUHHP. 

11 hours ago, Sindbad05 said:

Every one among Muslims know for sure that Quran is both explicit as well as implicit. Many of it's secrets are not revealed yet such as how many were Ashab-e-Kahaf and what these words stands for. However, Quran has also huge general information for all Muslims to understand it but information like previous ones are for particular people such as Ahlebait a.s and Prophet PBUHHP. 

What information ? The meaning of alif laam mim or ali lam raa only for Ahlul Bayt a.s. and Prophet SAW ?

Ibn Abbas (r) supported the view that it stands for Allah and His attributes. I personally like this one:

It has been discovered that by removing the duplicate letters (leaving only one of each of the 14 initials) and rearranging them, one can create the following sentence:

"نص حكيم قاطع له سر " which could translate to: "a wise and sharp text that has a secret".

Guest anahowa

Quran [3:7]"... But as for those in whose hearts there is perversity, they follow the part of it which is allegorical, seeking (to cause) dissension by seeking it (their own) interpretation, while none knows its (hidden) interpretation except Allah and those firmly rooted in knowledge..."

https://www.al-islam.org/enlightening-commentary-light-holy-quran-vol-3/surah-ali-imran-chapter-3#decisive-allegorical-verses-quran

On 10/31/2017 at 2:25 PM, father said:

what alif laam meem and alif laam raa means in quran?

from https://www.hubeali.com/tafseer/

[2:1] alif laam meem - I am Allah, the King

[15:1] alif laam raa -  I am Allah, the Ever-Compassionate

personally, it's soooo logical to me, "those deeply rooted in knowledge" know its' takwil (with Allah's permission ) as per verse Quran [3:7]. in fact, tafsir ibn kathir recorded while commenting on this verse, ibn abbas said he's one of those deeply rooted in knowledge. so basically, this belief is acceptable within islam.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

• It is the best option. Even if it means having one less sin under your name, that means something in Islam. @notme they are much better for boys. Trust me I know from personal experience. If you were to be present in some of the conversations that boys have in the playground about girls you might faint lol
    • Bloomberg and aljazeera.com both reported 12 days ago that the Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority sent a list with hundreds of names to lenders, telling them to freeze any accounts linked to them. Today (November 20, 2017) Reuters is reporting that over 2,000 bank accounts have been frozen. 
    • Of course the story of Adam and Eve was much better suited for them. The Bible and the Quran are far from the only old cultures telling similar stories. 
    • I don't think there's anything wrong with that at all. If she didn't want to marry him for whatever reason then that's her right. Now, if that reason was that he wasn't from the US then so be it. Her life, her choice. 
    • The wall of kindness is a charity work phenomenon and a kind of welfare, usually done by attaching cloth hangers from outside of houses; those encourage people to donate miscellaneous useful things such as winter clothing.   the act serves a purpose to support the people in need. In response to social media, large numbers of people are taking part as a campaign and it has helped many homeless or otherwise destitute people during the cold winter weather. There are also "fridge of kindness" (for donating foods), "bookshelves" (for donating books), .... You see; you dont need to have money for taking part in such charity acts.