alidu78

Drawings and statues in islam

Rate this topic

Salam aleykoum,

I saw on the website of Sayed Sistani that for him drawings is considered as permitted but it is forbidden or very makrouh to do statues. Do you know what are the positions of other marjas about that ?

5 minutes ago, E.L King said:

Shaykh Wahid Al-Khorasani says drawing dhawat al-arwaah (humans or animals) is not permissible based on obligatory precaution.

The fact that we find many drawings of our imams (as) among shia communities is it because many marjas allow this or it is because some shia are less conservative than sunni about these issue ?

Just now, alidu78 said:

The fact that we find many drawings of our imams (as) among shia communities is it because many marjas allow this or it is because some shia are less conservative than sunni about these issue ?

I'd say probably a bit of both.

1 hour ago, alidu78 said:

Salam aleykoum,

I saw on the website of Sayed Sistani that for him drawings is considered as permitted but it is forbidden or very makrouh to do statues. Do you know what are the positions of other marjas about that ?

Ayotullah Makarem Shirazi says it is ok to make toys from clay for kids for playing purposes and other than this not permissible. 

Edited by Sindbad05

28 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

Ayotullah Makarem Shirazi says it is ok to make toys from clay for kids for playing purposes and other than this not permissible. 

What did he say about drawings exactly ?

Just now, Sindbad05 said:

There is a whatsapp number through which you can ask enquiries if you want to, you can get it from their website. Ayotullah Makarem Shirazi ok. 

I could be interrested if you could give me.