Alice

Should a girl can shaved her hair

Rate this question

Question

Salamunalaikum , 

In islam is it allowed for a girl that  she can shaved her hair for some genuine reason (cause as per my knowledge it is haram but without any reason but if there's a reason behind it so they can or cannot please confirm) 

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Alice said:

Salamunalaikum , 

In islam is it allowed for a girl that  she can shaved her hair for some genuine reason (cause as per my knowledge it is haram but without any reason but if there's a reason behind it so they can or cannot please confirm) 

True, if you have genuine reason you could shave. 

3 hours ago, Alice said:

Salam. If a female has a medical reason and her doctor wants to shave her head, then Islam is not against that. However, even for something like surgery the hospital would only shave the part of the head where the operation would be done. 

If a girl wants to shave her whole head without a medical reason, she should think more carefully about this, especially if she is married. Taking such a drastic action without consulting her husband could hurt his sensibilities. If other people chide him that his wife is out of control or if they laugh and tease him about her shaving her head, this could cause him a lot of humiliation. 

If she just wants to shave her head because she is having excited thoughts about it, she could go to a woman who cuts hair and ask for a "pixie haircut" which is very short but not shaved. Maybe having her hair cut short would sublimate her desire for shaving her head. If she is married, I hope she remembers to tell her husband that she always wanted to have short hair but not to worry, inShaAllah it will grow back.

On 30/10/2017 at 8:24 AM, Hameedeh said:

Salam. If a female has a medical reason and her doctor wants to shave her head, then Islam is not against that. However, even for something like surgery the hospital would only shave the part of the head where the operation would be done. 

If a girl wants to shave her whole head without a medical reason, she should think more carefully about this, especially if she is married. Taking such a drastic action without consulting her husband could hurt his sensibilities. If other people chide him that his wife is out of control or if they laugh and tease him about her shaving her head, this could cause him a lot of humiliation. 

If she just wants to shave her head because she is having excited thoughts about it, she could go to a woman who cuts hair and ask for a "pixie haircut" which is very short but not shaved. Maybe having her hair cut short would sublimate her desire for shaving her head. If she is married, I hope she remembers to tell her husband that she always wanted to have short hair but not to worry, inShaAllah it will grow back.

Many thanks 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

• Salaaam Alaykum,    So I have a SoundCloud for my fav latmiyah for Farsi, Arabic and Urdu. InshaAllah i might even go for a premium account in the future and let me know how they are For Arabic and Farsi -  click below   For Urdu - click below   THANK YOU AND TAKE CARE YA'LL 
    • Salam. Umn al-Baneen AS is well known for her love and loyalty toward the Holy Prophet SA, Fatima Zahra AS, Imam Ali AS, Imam Hassan AS, and Imam Hussein AS. No doubt that Imam Ali AS loved her because she loved Ahlul Bayt AS.  http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/37432-umm-al-baneen-sa/
    • Members are unaware of many inappropriate posts that banned members made in the past, because Moderators removed those posts from the forums. 
    • Guest Zahra
      Salam! Did Imam Ali (as) love Um al baneen like he loved Fatima al zahra? Or did he marry her just so that she could take care of Imam Hussein and imam Hassan? 
    • Hi Mosa, Thanks for your reply! Sorry to say we have not received your email, might be due to a maintenance that our SMTP server was running. Please Contact me on my temporary email for any urgent issues : techie.world99@gmail.com Thanks