Jump to content
  • 0
Guest Keen Learner

Taqleed

Rate this question

Question

Guest Keen Learner

Why is there a difference of opinion among the Grand Ayatollahs? How am i supposed to decide who to follow? And if it all depends upon who clicks me or whose teachings are in sync with my own then what's the point of Taqleed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

It isn't based on personal preference. You should follow the rulings of the scholar who you believe to be most knowledgeable. You can also base your choice on accessibility in your language. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Guest Anonymous

Assalamu alaikum

What if a marja' deems something as halal but in reality it was haram? who shall hold responsibility on the Day Of Judgment?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 hours ago, Guest Anonymous said:

Assalamu alaikum

What if a marja' deems something as halal but in reality it was haram? who shall hold responsibility on the Day Of Judgment?

Thanks.

A leader is responsible for his/her leadership. A follower is only responsible for what he/she knows. 

In other words, if the followers know it is wrong and do it anyway, they are responsible. If they believe the error of the scholar is correct, the scholar is responsible for the error of the followers. That's why marjas are so careful. It's a big responsibility. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Guest Anonymous
7 minutes ago, notme said:

In other words, if the followers know it is wrong and do it anyway, they are responsible. If they believe the error of the scholar is correct, the scholar is responsible for the error of the followers.

I am sorry but I couldn't completely see this concept.

I thought you follow a marja` because you think he is more knowledgeable than you are. If it was the opposite you'd "follow" yourself (e.g. do your own ijtihad) so how could you tell if marja` is mistaken when he obviously knows more than you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 hours ago, Guest Anonymous said:

I am sorry but I couldn't completely see this concept.

I thought you follow a marja` because you think he is more knowledgeable than you are. If it was the opposite you'd "follow" yourself (e.g. do your own ijtihad) so how could you tell if marja` is mistaken when he obviously knows more than you?

I'm only talking about a hypothetical situation. Hypothetically, if the follower knows the right action, he should do what is right even if his marja says differently. I've never actually heard of this happening. People go their own way out of arrogance, laziness, or other worldly reasons, but I've never yet heard of a person going against a scholar's ruling because they knew it to be incorrect. 

Hypothetically, anyone can be mistaken. Our scholars are very careful in their research and jurisprudence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×