Ali al-Dheeb

Times of Nawafil Prayers: Zuhr & Asr

Rate this topic

As-salamu 3alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

On Al-Sistani's (ha) website, it says:

776. The Zuhr Nafilah is offered before Zuhr prayers. Its time is fromthe commencement of the time of Zuhr, up to the time when the shadow of indicator equals 2/7th of its length. For example, if an indicator is 7 yards long, andthe shadow appearing after Zuhr reaches 2 yards, the Nafilah time would end.He should now offer Zuhr prayers.

777. The Asr Nafilah are offered before Asr prayers, and its time istill the moment when the shadow of an indicator appearing after Zuhr, reaches of 4/7th of its length. In case a person wishes to offer Zuhr and Asr Nafilah after their recommendedtime, he can offer the Zuhr Nafilah after Zuhr prayers, and the Asr Nafilahafter Asr prayers, but as a precaution, he will not make niyyat of Ada or Qadha.

Can anyone tell me what is this "shadow indicator 2/7th" thing? I have no idea of what this means. Jazakallah.

19 minutes ago, Ali al-Dheeb said:

As-salamu 3alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

On Al-Sistani's (ha) website, it says:

Can anyone tell me what is this "shadow indicator 2/7th" thing? I have no idea of what this means. Jazakallah.

this explanation is there in the next lines you have mentioned:

For example, if an indicator is 7 yards long, andthe shadow appearing after Zuhr reaches 2 yards, the Nafilah time would end.He should now offer Zuhr prayers.

This is length reduction factor of shadow it means if length of rod is 1 m and its shadow reaches to 2/7 m .

Edited by skyweb1987

1 hour ago, Ali al-Dheeb said:

I really don't understand, sorry. How can do this from my room?

Thats another question. I can say that if you have balcony or window in your room a rod of length like 1 m can be placed in the direction of light of sun. and when the shadow is equal to 2/7 (0.2857 ie 28.6 cm approx.) on the floor this  condition is fulfilled. 

however you should try to get the timings of prayers from your nearest Islamic center or mosque.  This will help you to say your prayers with the accurate timings.

wasalam

Edited by skyweb1987

11 minutes ago, skyweb1987 said:

Thats another question. I can say that if you have balcony or window in your room a rod of length like 1 m can be placed in the direction of light of sun. and when the shadow is equal to 2/7 (0.2857 ie 28.6 cm approx.) on the floor this  condition is fulfilled. 

however you should try to get the timings of prayers from your nearest Islamic center or mosque.  This will help you to say your prayers with the accurate timings.

wasalam

Yes I have the timings of prayers, but not for the nafilah. And yeah this shadow thing doesn't work here