Rate this topic

We know that there is a disease amongst the Muslim community wherein one will believe without any questioning the words of a guy who happens to be a Shaykh.

But what I am finding, especially when I read social media, watch local Arab TV, and even on this forum, is there is some sort of reactionary trend towards this disease. And this trend would be the trend of just pure hate for "those guys with the turbans". In the case of Iraq, for example, many people think that it is the religious leaders who have destroyed the country, for example. But on this forum, and social media, in my opinion, this trend happens to be in the form of trying to expose the Shaykh's inner private flaws, or sometimes slander the Shaykh. Almost reminds me of how some Westerners talk about the "mullahs" when referring to religious leaders in Iran.

Has anyone noticed this too? Do you agree or disagree?

Edited by E.L King

32 minutes ago, E.L King said:

We know that there is a disease amongst the Muslim community wherein one will believe without any questioning the words of a guy who happens to be a Shaykh.

But what I am finding, especially when I read social media, watch local Arab TV, and even on this forum, is there is some sort of reactionary trend towards this disease. And this trend would be the trend of just pure hate for "those guys with the turbans". In the case of Iraq, for example, many people think that it is the religious leaders who have destroyed the country, for example. But on this forum, and social media, in my opinion, this trend happens to be in the form of trying to expose the Shaykh's inner private flaws, or sometimes slander the Shaykh. Almost reminds me of how some Westerners talk about the "mullahs" when referring to religious leaders in Iran.

i have not noticed this, in fact i used to think and i guess i still do that no one questions the sheykh,and they just admire him, especially shia sheikhs, i dont see anyone insulting them>>

55 minutes ago, E.L King said:

Yes, I have noticed that and even in movies such as in Xander Cage movie, the person in the initial dialogues talked about Ayotullah's in a negative way and creating wrong perception about Marajas. However, there is also great mistake of some so-called scholars who have been harming the image of real Scholars such as Ayotullah Mujtaba Shirazi who slandered about Ayotullah Bahjat and even went on calling him Mulhid without any reference while Ayotullah Bahjat (may Allah shower blessings upon him) never uttered a single word about people of other faith in negative way let alone Scholars. I am amazed as to why people like Ammar Nakhswani are secretly working on the agenda of Shirazi group and after gaining reputation for Majalis are using Majalis for negative way telling people that Wilayatul Faqih isn't important while they themselves go to doctor who is their Wali in medical field. Amazed!!!!!!

I partially agree. When discussing/debating with a Muslim that has done no research at all, and you ask them how they know this information, the only response is "the sheikh told me this", or "I asked the sheikh about this".

why do you worships the words of Shakes like it is holy?. The fallacy in your statement is no different that those who accuse the shakes. Everyone has something to gain from supporting either side. If one accuses X, then it be come from a negative experience, if one praises them, it stems from a positive.

It isn't a disease, it is an opinion. Unless the opinion is to make them lose authority then, we need to find out the motives of those who imply such opinions to the wider circle.

I actually haven't noticed, but I'll watch for it now. 

I guess there is a balance between acknowledging a person as a fallible human and respecting the knowledge from years of study. Some people aren't any good at balance; they know only extremes.

The Shaykhs or Islamic scholars of Ahlulbait (ams) have studied religion for very long and have spent their lives preaching Islam. They are very respectable people near Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى and we held them very high. However, they are fallible humans like us. They make mistakes and can get deviated.

These days we have extremes. There are people who go on insulting almost every ulama and then there are people who literally believes certain maraja to be ma'sum. 

10 hours ago, E.L King said:

Lol its funny how the minds of these people work. Whenever a sheikh says something opposite to your thoughts, you automatically assume the worst. He's probably in his Miami Beach mansion bathing in Khums money innit? It makes you want to smash your head into a wall.

9 hours ago, sidnaq said:

in fact i wanted to ask, has anyone ever criticized an iranian scholar?? 

There are lots of differences between our scholars, so they obviously criticize each other.

24 minutes ago, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

Lol its funny how the minds of these people work. Whenever a sheikh says something opposite to your thoughts, you automatically assume the worst. He's probably in his Miami Beach mansion bathing in Khums money innit? It makes you want to smash your head into a wall.

There are lots of differences between our scholars, so they obviously criticize each other.

i dont mean, scholars criticizing each other, i mean lay people criticizing scholar and not cuz the follow diff maraja, but a scholar theyy do follow...

On Saturday, October 28, 2017 at 6:31 PM, E.L King said:

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

The chocolate speaker is shady and I can't trust a word he says.

He makes thousands upon thousands of dollars for reciting majalis and takes advantage of the power of the podium for his agenda.  He has been in public for decades, and I wonder what did the public benefit from him except bringing in crowds.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah