Sign in to follow this  
Sisterfatima1

Judgment for non hijab wearing sisters

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Sisterfatima1 said:

Salam 

i have seen a lot of people judging Muslim women who don’t wear hijab 

I feel this is a unfair judgement as I have seen some sisters in hijab doing worse then sisters not in hijab 

shouldn’t religion be based on what’s in the heart not about what we are wearing 

Religion is not based on what people think, one should not be bother what people judge about him/her rather his/her focus should be attaining nearness to Allah. There should not be any compromise on things which are obligatory, and a person who can't even fulfill his/her obligatory duty given by Allah then how can he/she be pure in intentions of loving Allah or how can his heart be fully submitted to Allah when he/she can't fulfill his/her obligatory duties. 

3 hours ago, Sisterfatima1 said:

Salam 

I feel this is a unfair judgement as I have seen some sisters in hijab doing worse then sisters not in hijab 

shouldn’t religion be based on what’s in the heart not about what we are wearing 

Good point but it is also unfair that what Islam taught us and which we could follow for there isn't restriction on that and still we neglect it. So, is it judging or is it reality that they do not value Islam above their wishes ?

2 hours ago, Sisterfatima1 said:

In my opinion the two are not separated.

Even in the modern world a man would normally dislike his woman/daughter wearing revealing clothes. May be she does want to wear such dresses but out of respect of her father/husband or even boyfriend she does not. 
So why it is so hard that we claim to love Allah & Islam but still we continue to do things that are clearly forbidden. 
General instructions includes clothes should not be tight, revealing or parts of body can be easily differentiated. And these instructions apply to both men and women.

As for this i believe that judging anyone is not up to me or anybody.Only God has  the right to do so.

YA QAEM A.S ALAJAL

Salam 

Thank you.

What most people don’t realize is that everyone is struggling with something. If a woman doesn’t wear hijab, it means she is struggling with it. Instead of showing judgement, people must be empathetic.

and I agree. Many hijabis I have met have terrible akhlaq and treat others poorly. 

:salam: 

Hijab is complex. It's not just a cloth you wear, it's far more than that. It's an identity and responsibility. In some places, it makes you vulnerable and in others, it helps you stand out. 

I agree with your thoughts. I have met non-hijabi sisters who pray and fast, who adhere to every islamic law, except the hijab. I also met hijabi women who do not pray, have boyfriends and have long lost their virginity. Hijab is not a measure of your nearness to God. Everyone has their reasons. Integration, comfort, mental health, safety, or perhaps they're simply not convinced. Everyone has reasons. If someone identifies as muslim, we have already established their love and devotion to God. To question it simply because a single law is not followed, is silly. We all sin. Some sins are hidden while others aren't.

Of course it's better to wear the hijab, but remember, you too have things you can do to become a better muslim. We're all at different stages in our worship. Every non-hijabi sister knows what she's doing.