Hussaini624

An Evil Person Comes to You With News, Verify it

Rate this topic

Salam Alaikum,

As Quran chapter 49 verse 6 says, [49:6] - O you who have believed, if there comes to you a disobedient one with information, investigate [verify it], lest you harm a people out of ignorance and become, over what you have done, regretful.

Does this also apply to people in general? Like if a well respected person came to you with news, do you still need to verify it? How about an average person?

Wassalam

1 minute ago, Hussaini624 said:

Salam Alaikum,

As Quran chapter 49 verse 6 says, [49:6] - O you who have believed, if there comes to you a disobedient one with information, investigate [verify it], lest you harm a people out of ignorance and become, over what you have done, regretful.

Does this also apply to people in general? Like if a well respected person came to you with news, do you still need to verify it? How about an average person?

Wassalam

Always verify brother.

14 hours ago, Hussaini624 said:

Salam Alaikum,

Wassalam

The verse is quite self explanatory, if a person that you know is deviant or untrustworthy then verification is essential, you don't want to be mislead do you. 

Respected people are not habitual.

On 10/27/2017 at 6:51 PM, Hussaini624 said:

Salam Alaikum,

Wassalam

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

This verse Sub7an'Allah relevant and applicable to the end of times.

Social media and texting apps are notorious in sending false information.

Brother Hussain you've joined sc around last year, what can you tell us about yourself?  How do you like sc so far?  What topics do you enjoy the most?

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

3 hours ago, Laayla said:

Brother Hussain you've joined sc around last year, what can you tell us about yourself?  How do you like sc so far?  What topics do you enjoy the most?

Wa Al'aikum Asalam

The past months I've been on SC have been exquisite, peaceful, and inspiring months. Whenever I inquire or would like to view another opinion on a topic, SC never fails to amuse me. The community is generally peaceful, about every inquirer obtains the answer they sought from the community, and I as well have been given answers to my questions. The chat is also very interesting, as you can have conversations with wonderful people, receive advice, and get to know each other.

All in all I have been happy during my stay at SC, and inshallah will stay in the community as long as I can.

Salam

Just now, Islandsandmirrors said:

Who is considered “an evil one” in islam? Someone practicing, but with bad akhlaq? Someone not practicing at all?

Someone who goes against Allah willfully.

A muslim may err, might be ignorant of better way to solve problems (bad akhlaq) , might be raised in society that makes them do things certain ways, might be born poor and forced to go to haram ways. Might be ignorant of the laws and obligatory practices of islam. might be raised in non practicing environment but they know and acknowldge (inwardly or outwardly) that they are wrong doers < this confession between them and Allah is enough to be forgiven if they are sincere and sought self improvement.

Take the case of the mages who battled prophet Musa. They were pagans and lived all their lives tricking people and making tem worship other than Allah but when they acknlowdged that the miracles of Musa were not magic but true. They were forgiven though they were killed right after that battle.

Take the cae of Yazid bin Hurr Al-Ryahi. He was in the army of Yazid. He lead Imam Hussain to Karbala and helped in forming siege on imam and his family for days. But on the day of battle, he switched sides and he became martyr. He is not known to be a shia man before the battle and no one knows of how practicing he was.

Take the case of Iblis. He served Allah and worshipped him for 70,000 years until he was counted with angels although he was not an angel himself. But when Adam came, he willfully refused to obey to commands of Allah and was damned.

Practice works when the beliefs are correct, the better your practices, the better believer you are. So practices are like competition between believers. At least in the last day since in Dunyia we cannot judge others insides and intentions so we dont know if we are better believers based on the outwardly practices only.

Also practices reinforce and stregthen the beliefs. Most famously is the Salat which in Quran said to protect the person from doing sins. So once you have proper belief, you enter positive reward cycle more practices> better belief> more practices> better belief.

Threre are things that brea up this cycle: hypocracy and self admiration.

Hypocracy or ryia is to do practices wanting to draw attention to your religiousness. Self admiration is to look at others and say : im certainly better than them, i pray and fast (nawafils) but look at them.