Rate this topic

Salam,

Almost 6 months since I joined Shiachat and it has helped me a lot, looking back now. I randomly came across this site out of nowhere when I was researching about Shia faith, and after some time I decided to join the forum. I joined the forum in order to be connected to the Shia community and learn more about our sect. I also wanted to stay away from sins and thought this site would help. I actually have more non-muslim friends, so it is very refreshing and nice to connect with like-minded Shias around the world who have similar life goals through this website. Before joining Shiachat I wouldn't really have that urge to develop my iman due to the environment I was in.

Since then I have had an urge to learn more about Islam and it has really helped me to stay away from sins. The thought of sinning doesn't come now compared to before because, I don't want to be giving people advice and on the other hand be sinning. Shiachat is a community and what I got out of it is just amazing.

So yeah, I would like to formally thank all the Administrators here and also the users who are making this experience. You all are part of this great cause and don't underestimate how many people's life it can change. 

:)

How has Shiachat helped you?

6 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Salam,

Salam Ali-fatheroforphans,

Shiachat helps me learn more about Shia Islam, as well as learn why some people think differently:

1.) from people of my belief (Christianity)

2.) and/or from my culture (American)

3.) and/or from me.

Peace and God bless you

6 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Salamu Alaikum @ali_fatheroforphans.

Shiachat helped me in many ways, learning information, chatting with others about related issues, etc.

The main two things that I think stuck out the most from my 2 months here, are helping people who were oppressed or are having problems, and clearing debates with my friends and family ( getting answers from knowledgeable brothers and sisters from shiachat ).

:)

Many years ago when I joined, I was very opinionated but did not realize it. Over time, I understood that other people have a different opinion on some issues, and I began to try to see things from their point of view. This is how ShiaChat helped me.

On 4/18/2017 at 11:36 AM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

So yeah, I would like to formally thank all the Administrators here and also the users who are making this experience. You all are part of this great cause and don't underestimate how many people's life it can change. 

@Ali @Abbas. @repenter @Qa'im 

@Ya Aba 3abdillah @hameedeh @magma

On 4/20/2017 at 3:23 PM, Hameedeh said:

Many years ago when I joined, I was very opinionated but did not realize it. Over time, I understood that other people have a different opinion on some issues, and I began to try to see things from their point of view. This is how ShiaChat helped me.

Back in 2009 I was stubborn. Now I am willing to listen to everyone and respect their views. :D 

1)Learning about Islam more and strengthening my faith! 

2)A place where I can ask anything I am confused about.

3)Fun/Hospitable people.

4)A place to see more Shias in the world, I needed that, everyone was just like "Shias are going to disappear soon" lol.

5)Whenever I am Sad/Depressed/Angry I would come here just to chat.

6)I started learning how to speak/contact/connect with people more wisely and I also learned Philosophy and Sciences here, the place urged me to do so, now I am science/philosophy fanatic/enthusiast. 

:cuddle:  :grin:   :clap:   :einstein:

This is the feedback forum, so I thought I would post here. 

As a visitor here, I’m impressed with the topics and posts, and the knowledge of the members. The color theme and home page is beautiful. Good job to the web developers. 

Im learning a lot and hope to keep contributing. Anyone have advice on the best part of the site to participate in?

1 hour ago, Brother Hassan said:

Anyone have advice on the best part of the site to participate in?

Salam. Just participate in the forums where you want. I usually check the Guest Lounge because I know there are a lot of questions waiting to be answered. Also the Jurisprudence and Islamic Law always needs help to answer questions. 

12 hours ago, Brother Hassan said:

This is the feedback forum, so I thought I would post here. 

As a visitor here, I’m impressed with the topics and posts, and the knowledge of the members. The color theme and home page is beautiful. Good job to the web developers. 

Im learning a lot and hope to keep contributing. Anyone have advice on the best part of the site to participate in?

Salaam brother and welcome to SC,

I would recommend avoiding me at all times. I am rude, obnoxious, sarcastic and short-tempered. Other than that, I am a great guy. I am just kidding...hehehe

SC made me realize that as shias we have a lot of similar opinions but also differing opinions. I learned the hard way but treat people with the respect ShiaChat deserves, regardless of whether the person deserves or not.

Looking forward to learning from you.