sidnaq

Why do todays car concepts suck so much???

7 hours ago, sidnaq said:

the are ugly, the design is ugly, the material is ugly....

l will say the designs are mundane. Changed without reason. "re-invented' every year which adds to costs. Except for a radio and engine gauges, what is with this other junk?  lf we would want it we can buy it at auto-stores.

Think how HAZARDOUS cars are becoming.  lt is illegal to have a TV screen in the front of a car because it distracts drivers and causes accidents and it has been this way fro decades.  But now computer screens for a variety of purposes are built into the dash boards. What is happening to the dictum:  Eyes On the ROAD .

Or something really crazy, automatic braking.  lmagine this: you driving down the street and a street gang with metal trashcan lids step in front of you, your car automatically stops, and now the gang has you helpless.

Between the above and all the "what is this for electronics" l AM afraid of these newer cars.

i think cars is not good for nature and has destroyed it and should not be car in world i think so before it nature was so much better then now its all materialistic things Imam AS likes humble and down to earth humans

13 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Or something really crazy, automatic braking.  lmagine this: you driving down the street and a street gang with metal trashcan lids step in front of you, your car automatically stops, and now the gang has you helpless.

Never thought about that one before lol. 

28 minutes ago, ireallywannaknow said:

Never thought about that one before lol. 

Crazy Automatic Braking is something l do not think is laughable. From what l wrote above will you want your mother or sister stopped like this?

The "re-inventing" has been a criticism of the auto industry since the 1960s. Only the VW "Bug" was the exception (excluding Warsaw Pact countries' "Trabee"). Think how long the Model T and Model A ran off the lines.

Maybe  @notme will chime in?

Edited by hasanhh

7 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Maybe  @notme will chime in?

What? Who, me? 

Sorry, not that kind of engineer. I can design really nice parking lots for your ugly poorly designed cars though. 

It's all about money and fashion. It's perfectly ok to ignore it. I drive an ancient luxury suv, but I hate it and miss my peppy little manual transmission sedan. Unfortunately, you can't get peppy, fuel efficient, safe, standard transmission, and enough seats for my whole family so I dislike the entire auto industry. (Except maybe Tesla - they're reported to be fun to drive, definitely fuel efficient, but nowhere near meeting the rest of my criteria, so :( .)

On 10/27/2017 at 3:41 AM, sidnaq said:

the are ugly, the design is ugly, the material is ugly....

Well i think  beauty is a relative thing. For me just the sound of a 1000hp engine roaring is enough. 
I get your point though but what maximum can be done ? Issue is same with modern touch screen mobiles what maximum variation can be done ? Not much ! 
May be we can start manufacturing cars with 5 tires :grin:

13 hours ago, Messam RAza said:

Well i think  beauty is a relative thing. For me just the sound of a 1000hp engine roaring is enough. 
I get your point though but what maximum can be done ? Issue is same with modern touch screen mobiles what maximum variation can be done ? Not much ! 
May be we can start manufacturing cars with 5 tires :grin:  Ditto

...1000hp engine roaring...

Gawd, you do not need that much in a semi to haul tanks on a low boy.

Now here is a beautiful sound: 

Twin 4-barrels, dual-point ig (dual plugs wb better), belt drive water; 425hp, 490ftlbsT,

Requires higher octane because of the hemispheric heads.

ln the video, nothing is said about balancing the engine.

Edited by hasanhh

16 hours ago, Najamsethi484 said:

Salaam everyone its matrelistic life cars big houses and etc etc we should live a humble and down to earth life :)

OK. l will humble-down to a 440cc  Magnum pack in my '68 Charger.

Bill Hickman driving.

That little pony chasing him is a 1,000 lbs lighter.