Rate this topic

Salam alikum 

I have had marriage problems since got married now 12 years later 3 children things has worsen.

to cut the story short me and him are completely different people , I didn't make the choice in marrying his, he's a saiyid but doesn't practice , doesn't even blv in many essentials of the religion.

The final 4 years had been hell, last year went to solicitor and applied for divorce he pushed me as he didn't want it to work out. Once papers came through he went mental.

tries to work it out and give another chance at it but it's been  months he's refusing to speak we are sleeping at separate rooms.

i am really unhappy don't know what to do.

main problems 

he gambles 

addicted to chest 

hates me 

doesn't practice 

doesnt spend time with kids 

not willinh to work on this marriage 

I want to know should I keep patient and continue for the sake of kids even though I am broken 

or divorce and which means he won't want to see the kids ever as he made it clear.

when Allah says he makes mercy and love between couples why isn't mine like that is it coz I am a bad person and I am being punished?

2 hours ago, TheslaveofAllah said:

Salam alikum 

I have had marriage problems since got married now 12 years later 3 children things has worsen.

to cut the story short me and him are completely different people , I didn't make the choice in marrying his, he's a saiyid but doesn't practice , doesn't even blv in many essentials of the religion.

The final 4 years had been hell, last year went to solicitor and applied for divorce he pushed me as he didn't want it to work out. Once papers came through he went mental.

tries to work it out and give another chance at it but it's been  months he's refusing to speak we are sleeping at separate rooms.

i am really unhappy don't know what to do.

main problems 

he gambles 

addicted to chest 

hates me 

doesn't practice 

doesnt spend time with kids 

not willinh to work on this marriage 

I want to know should I keep patient and continue for the sake of kids even though I am broken 

or divorce and which means he won't want to see the kids ever as he made it clear.

when Allah says he makes mercy and love between couples why isn't mine like that is it coz I am a bad person and I am being punished?

Salaam, 

Not to detract away from your marital issues, but what does " he is addicted to chest" mean? 

Also, firstly you need to go seek counseling or therapy with your husband. Try private messaging a sister on this website and give her your location details and she should be able to find a good Muslim psychologist, therapist, counselor, etc who has a good track record of helping people (Shia or Sunni makes no difference) (preferably female but male is fine).  In fact from what I can tell Islamic psychology (a new strain of psychology that uses Islamic ideals to solve issues like marriage, etc) is highly dominated by Muslim women, so you should  have plenty of  female therapist's etc to choose from. 

Heck if he (your husband) is unwilling to go to counseling or therapy then at least go on your own and be as honest as possible in discussing the details of your marital issues ( if going alone then there is a strong preference for a female Muslim psychologist, therapist, or counsellor). Understand that not all therapist's, etc are created equal. So shop around until you find one (again preferably female) that chimes well with you and your marital issues. 

Sure, we here can give you advice. But your marriage has a lot of nuances that you cannot tell us and it would not be possible for us to help your marriage in the same capacity as a Muslim marriage therapist. So again, seek out the help of a professional Muslim therapist who you feel comfortable with in terms of alleviating your marital difficulties 

Sister,if you can then leave him.  I am not an advocate of divorce but for me personally, a husband  who persistently indulging in any haram act (gambling,in your case) would be a deal breaker. I wouldn't want to raise my kids in the vicinity of a man who trivialises haram acts.

First, think over as to what difficulties will happen after divorce:

1. Will your family accept to raise children ?

2. Will you require to do job to meet financial requirements of kids ?

3. Make all arrangements before hand and then leave him to your parents home without telling him otherwise he may become violent and then if you think you are ready, get divorced. Because I do not think that you can live with this person honestly. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

• I was a PhD student in the US, but I never finished my dissertation. I went back into the private sector, which turned out to be a very good idea. What isn't mentioned in this article, is that while students did not have to declare their tuition stipend on their federal taxes, they did have to declare the stipend as income on their state taxes. I had to do this every year, meaning that I DID pay taxes on that.  We will have to see what the final tax bill looks like. This provision might be dropped. 
    • First of all, this entitlement mentality is not going to help you. I am entitled to an explanation. Second, No one owes you and explanation. Its your life, you figure it out. You and I have the same capabilities, by saying prove it to me, You are inherently acknowledging your inferiority/limits. That alone is sufficient for you to stop and reflect. We can point you to stuff, but its you who will make the final decision.  You have limits, you did not create yourself or whats around you, so something/someone did. Since you are a creation, as everything around you and you yourself(physical systems are guided), you must receive guidance. Find that guidance... ذَٰلِكَ الْكِتَابُ لَا رَيْبَ ۛ فِيهِ ۛ هُدًى لِلْمُتَّقِينَ {2} [Shakir 2:2] This Book, there is no doubt in it, is a guide to those who guard (against evil).
      [Pickthal 2:2] This is the Scripture whereof there is no doubt, a guidance unto those who ward off (evil).
      [Yusufali 2:2] This is the Book; in it is guidance sure, without doubt, to those who fear Allah;
    • In Kitab al Tawheed by Sheik Saduq (ra) about the first chapter: The Messenger of Allah (saws) said: "Whoever dies without ascribing a partner to Allah, will enter Heaven regardless of weather he has done good or evil." * * In Bukhari, The Prophet Muhammad (saws) said: "People must suffer the burning of Hell-Fire as a punishment for the sins they committed. Afterwards Allah will admit them to Paradise with His Grace and Mercy. So they will be called al-Jahanamiyyun." ---- This is also from Imam Ali (as) who said: The Prince of Believers, 'Ali, on whom be peace, was asked: Describe death to us. He said: You have, indeed, accidentally come to one who is well informed! It (death) brings to the person dying one of three things - either tidings of perpetual bliss, or of everlasting misery, or fear and dread, or an uncertainty (amrun mubhamun), if he (the dying person) does not know to which section he belongs. Now as for our friend and the follower of our command, he will be the recipient of the good tidings of perpetual bliss; and as for our enemy and one who opposed our claim, he will be given tidings of eternal misery: but one whose affair is doubtful, that is one who does not know his own mind, he is a believer who is prodigal regarding his own affairs (al-mu'amin al-musrif 'ala nafsihi), not knowing what his condition will be. Good comes to him after doubt and dread. Then Allah will never mingle him with our enemies, but will take him out of the Fire by our intercession. So act (righteously) and obey (Allah) and do not rely solely upon yourselves, and do not belittle the punishment of Allah. For verily, he, who does not obtain our intercession except after 300,000 years of Allah's chastisement, is to be counted amongst the wasteful (musrifin) ---- Imam Ja'far al-Sadiq (as) said: "Verily, Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى, has given the Believers a gurantee." I asked, "What is it?" He replied: "If a Believer professes his faith in Allah's Divinity, Muhammad's Prophethood, and 'Ali's Imamate, and carries out his duties, He guarantees him eternal life in His Presence [jiwar],  I said: "By Allah! This is a blessing with which none of the blessings bestowed upon the sons of Adam, can compare." Imam Ja'far al-Sadiq (as) replied, "They have done little but they have enjoyed much."
    • Brother, Have you tried to verify the hadiths with the verses of quran by some research? or  Do you like to reject he authentic hadith like hadith rejecter? The verification of the hadith of the prophet saaw in the light of verses of quran through the research has already been conducted as mentioned in the thread the  link is given below: This efficiently provides  the evidences for confirmation of the fact that the verse of purification covers the prophet saww his daughter, and 12 Imams. ie 14 persons. The saved sect 1 out of 73 as per hadith of the prophet saaw follows his purified progeny. wasalam
    • Yeah man, I'm offended by such ridiculous words of Yasir Qadhi. I finally got an answer as to, why he doesn't believe in Imamah etc