hasanhh

Pizza Toppings

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Yet after looking up pepperoni and sujuk l will still shy away from it as pork is used in both and l'd always be unsure --unless homemade.

Halal pepperoni is usually beef or turkey. I’ve had it before.

On 10/26/2017 at 7:47 PM, hasanhh said:

l know about veggie bacon, that's good. Yet after looking up pepperoni and sujuk l will still shy away from it as pork is used in both and l'd always be unsure --unless homemade.

http://www.midamarhalal.com/Product/Beef/Halal-Bulk-Packaged-Beef-Items/177/Halal-Beef-Pepperoni.aspx

On 10/26/2017 at 6:38 PM, notme said:

Where I used to live we could get halal pepperoni. Can't get it around here, but soujouk is a good substitute. 

When I was younger there was a little Muslim pizza shop around the corner, this is when I lived in another state but my family would visit Iowa a lot. Anyway one time my uncle got pizza from there, pepperoni. My mom kept telling it was halal but the idea that pepperoni was haram was really drilled into me so I refused to eat. My mom kept on telling me to take a bite and at one point even tried to force in a bite, but my younger self would cry, "No! It haram!"

That pizza shop closed many years ago and was replaced with a beauty saloon, I never got to try that halal pizza that was apperantly really good.

On 10/29/2017 at 12:10 AM, Sisterfatima1 said:

Hmm I love shrimps and chilli

Gonna have to try that. I've never had any seafood on pizza. I assume it's small shrimps? Are they steamed, boiled, baked, or grilled?